0x0000007E stop error

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
MSI MS-1683 laptop. 4 gigs RAM.
I've replaced the RAM and HDD. I've reloaded Windows 7. Fully updated Windows. We're still getting this error.
Can anyone help?
Thanks, Barry

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
do you get a BSOD.and what about event log under application and system.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
What is the actual error message on the blue screen? (not just the number, but the words of the error that are just before the number)

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Try downloading and installing Nirsoft's BluecreenView:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

If your computer is saving minidumps, it will give you information about the error. BTW, your antivirus may complain about the file (due to the toolkit Nirsoft uses to build their utilities - it throws false positives on most antivirus software) but it is a safe file.

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
She gets a BSOD. I'm usually not around to see it, so I don't get to read it while it is performing a dump.
I'll download that Nirsoft program next opportunity I get.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
I believe there is a file name in the second line of these types of blue screens, like 'something.sys.' See if she can catch it the next time this occurs.

Also, you mentioned replacing RAM, hard drive, and reloading Widows. Was this issue occurring before then, or only since you replaced the parts?

billyb0b

Golden Member
Nov 8, 2009
She gets a BSOD. I'm usually not around to see it, so I don't get to read it while it is performing a dump.
I'll download that Nirsoft program next opportunity I get.

you can enable it to do a full dump when it crashes and access the file on reboot

this is defaulted TRUE on a windows install

scypheroth

Oct 5, 2012
hey man seems like my GF isnt the only one having these issues..she was getting blue screen ALOt liek every 10 mins while playing WoW l8tly...seems its happening to alo tof ppl on the forums. I ended up replacing my harddrive and then it turned out it was WoW's fault, there is a issue with there last hotfix that is causing error 132 that crashes wow then throws a bluescreen at you...try going into settings in wow and switching back to directx9 it seems to be fixing the issue with alot of ppl...

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
I believe there is a file name in the second line of these types of blue screens, like 'something.sys.' See if she can catch it the next time this occurs.

Also, you mentioned replacing RAM, hard drive, and reloading Widows. Was this issue occurring before then, or only since you replaced the parts?

Before and after. I had absolutely NO troubles while installing Windows and other programs. It was after she got it that it began again. (that should tell me something right there ha ha).

Last edited:

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
hey man seems like my GF isnt the only one having these issues..she was getting blue screen ALOt liek every 10 mins while playing WoW l8tly...seems its happening to alo tof ppl on the forums. I ended up replacing my harddrive and then it turned out it was WoW's fault, there is a issue with there last hotfix that is causing error 132 that crashes wow then throws a bluescreen at you...try going into settings in wow and switching back to directx9 it seems to be fixing the issue with alot of ppl...
She tried that too. She said it worked for a while but began recurring.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
you can enable it to do a full dump when it crashes and access the file on reboot

this is defaulted TRUE on a windows install

To check that is the case, in the Start Menu search box type View advanced system settings. Click on the application to run it. Under the Startup and Recovery section, hit the Settings button. Make sure that the Write debugging information option is set to Kernel Memory Dump. To keep the system to restarting after the BSOD (to allow you time to actually see the error information), you can uncheck the box in front of Automatically Restart. Hit OK to save your changes.

However, the Nirsoft utility will give you most of the same information provided that you are set up as above to save the dump files.

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
<sigh> The top of the blue screen scrolls up so fast I cannot read it. The darn thing just BSOD'd on my three times in a row. I got
0x0000000a
0x00000001e
0x0000000cr
on each separate occasion. On one occasion it stopped working before the dump could occur. That time I could read the top of the page and it said "IRQ Not Less Or Equal" or something like that. In any case it looks like an error in ntoskernal.
Nir BlueScreen View let me save this as a text file:
==================================================
Dump File : 072713-52868-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/27/2013 9:27:58 PM
Bug Check String : DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000c5
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000008
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff800`02daeb05
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\072713-52868-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 288,144
Dump File Time : 7/27/2013 9:37:17 PM
==================================================

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Yep, this is the same thing scypheroth was seeing. Update DirectX to the latest version, and the video card drivers to the latest WHQL, and I bet you will be fine.

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
Yep, this is the same thing scypheroth was seeing. Update DirectX to the latest version, and the video card drivers to the latest WHQL, and I bet you will be fine.
Strange that the WoW forums say to go back to DirectX 9 then. On the other hand I wasn't playing WoW when the damn thing blue screened on me.
Unless I miss my guess I already have the latest drivers from Nvidia. I'll look again.
I'm not even sure the card will support dX 11...
http://www.msiwhitebook.com/product_spec.asp?model=MS-1683-ID1
IIRC it came into my possession with a Celery and I put a Penryn dual core in it's place, one of the ones listed in the qualified key components list.
Barry

Last edited:

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Strange that the WoW forums say to go back to DirectX 9 then. On the other hand I wasn't playing WoW when the damn thing blue screened on me.
Unless I miss my guess I already have the latest drivers from Nvidia. I'll look again.
I'm not even sure the card will support dX 11...
http://www.msiwhitebook.com/product_spec.asp?model=MS-1683-ID1
IIRC it came into my possession with a Celery and I put a Penryn dual core in it's place, one of the ones listed in the qualified key components list.
Barry

Well, as with Windows there can be several other causes for this issue too. Google 'ntoskrnl.exe' (the driver causing the issue) and you will see that there are several causes for this. It seems that the most popular ones are bad drivers, bad RAM, and a bad antivirus solution.

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
Well, as with Windows there can be several other causes for this issue too. Google 'ntoskrnl.exe' (the driver causing the issue) and you will see that there are several causes for this. It seems that the most popular ones are bad drivers, bad RAM, and a bad antivirus solution.
Exactly.and as i mention in another post NVIDIA driver most of the time is the cause.the 21/06/2013 explain the problem from the previous drivers.Hope this one will work fine.otherwise the last driver (GOOD) is the one from march.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Try booting into safe mode with command prompt and type in "chkdsk /f" without the quotation marks and wait a while. WARNING: This command erases/fixes any corrupted data on the HDD so some of your personal files may be erased.

Try whocrashed and see what the error is. http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 4025733120 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1894739968

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 8/7/2013 5:40:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080713-45240-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF80002E20B00, 0xFFFFF80002E20B00, 0xFFFFF80002E20700)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 8/7/2013 5:40:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: vsdatant.sys (vsdatant+0x8E636)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF80002E20B00, 0xFFFFF80002E20B00, 0xFFFFF80002E20700)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys
product: ZoneAlarm Firewalling Driver
company: Check Point Software Technologies LTD
description: ZoneAlarm Firewalling Driver
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: vsdatant.sys (ZoneAlarm Firewalling Driver, Check Point Software Technologies LTD).
Google query: Check Point Software Technologies LTD BAD_POOL_HEADER

On Sun 7/28/2013 2:27:58 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072713-52868-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002DAEB05)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 7/26/2013 12:20:48 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072513-52197-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF80002E0C760, 0xFFFFF80002E0CA60, 0xFFFFF80002E0C760)

Conclusion

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

vsdatant.sys (ZoneAlarm Firewalling Driver, Check Point Software Technologies LTD)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
We'll see what happens now when I try to update this.
Y'know what? I think I'll try something new. I've been using AVG Free and Zone Alarm Free for years. I think I'll try something new. Outpost.

Last edited:

BarryG

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2003
On Wed 8/7/2013 7:27:28 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080713-24804-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF980251C3000, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002CBC655)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

Bubbaleone

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2011
On Wed 8/7/2013 7:27:28 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080713-24804-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFF980251C3000, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002CBC655)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

I did a little research after looking over your thread and found out that the MSI CR600 (MS-1683-ID1) BIOS does support the Penryn Core 2 Duo P8700 (R0), and that the CR600 also uses the Nvidia MCP79MVL chipset. The CR600 was originally designed to support both Windows XP and Vista with Nvidia chipset driver version 19.07 (the XP download is cs_mcp79mvl_19.07_xp32.zip, and the Vista download is cs_mcp79mvl_19.07_vt32.zip).

However, when Windows 7 32bit or 64bit are installed, they require Nvidia chipset driver version 15.5 (the Windows 7 32bit download is cs_mcp79mvl_15.5_w732.zip and the 64bit download is cs_mcp79mvl_15.5_w764.zip). If you've already installed chipset driver version 15.5, disregard this post. If you haven't installed version 15.5, that may explain the continually changing kernel errors you're experiencing. If you need it, here's the MSI download page for the CR600.

Last edited: