'08 Dodge Caravan/T&C

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
my wife and i are really wanting the 07 Sienna Limited. very nice van. just dont have 40K laying around for a new minivan.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I don't think Honda or Toyota are losing any sleep over that.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: DougK62
Needs a Hemi.

It's getting the 4.0L V6 in the R/T model, but I agree. DCX has a HEMI in everything larger than a Sebring - complete the lineup, damnit! :D

- M4H

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Its a Dodge. It will be good for a year or two, if your lucky, then the tranny will fail several times, head gasket leaks, brakes will squeal all the time, stuff will just start to go out for no reason at all :p

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Citrix
my wife and i are really wanting the 07 Sienna Limited. very nice van. just dont have 40K laying around for a new minivan.

Go drive a new KIA Sedona EX...you will change your mind and can afford it...my wife and I did...twice....we bought two EX's....i love it..

jC

Dracos

Jun 10, 2001
Has anyone test drove or bought the new Hyundai Minivans?

I'm actually looking at getting rid of my Minivan and just getting a car or SUV.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
My parents have a honda van and it's a joke. More interior rattles than you'd see in a truck full of loose parts. Several major failures including the steering rack coming apart while my mom was driving.

Come to think of it the check engine light has come on recently.

That said, the two chrysler/dodge vans we've owned have been just as bad.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Chunkee
Originally posted by: Citrix

Go drive a new KIA Sedona EX...you will change your mind and can afford it...my wife and I did...twice....we bought two EX's....i love it..

jC

are they any bigger than they were 4 years ago? we looked at them but the interior was much smaller and the third row seat had no leg room at all. it was like the back seat of a camero. so we went with the sienna.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: paulney
What happened to MikeMike?

MODMOD
for real?

Mods pwned him for "changing his thread title" which the mods had edited and "previous offenses"

As for the minivans:
From the folks who started it all, here's the latest version of soccer mom's prime transport, the 2008 version of the Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country. Both vehicles are new in design inside and out, and share almost all features except for differences in front end and rear styling.

An industry sales leader since its introduction in 1983, the Dodge/Chrysler minivan for 2008 reveals its confidence in the future of its model segment with the addition of a number of innovative convenience items. Inside the cabin, new swivel seats in the second row can be turned to face the third row, creating a conversation area for those occupants. Add a table to the grouping and you have a desktop play/study center.

Outside, the body panels are all new and create a different shape?more boxy?to the profile. Front-end styling is all new too, but the two models stay true to their heritage. Dodge continues with the cross-hair theme in its grille, while Chrysler's front end offers an updated appearance similar to those seen in Aspen, Sebring and its own minivan predecessors.

Minivans are nothing but adaptable, offering multiple choices in interior arrangements and functional assists. Among those (many optional) in the Dodge/Chrysler lineup are:

? Power first and second row windows (Yes, half way down for second row.).

? Five models, Town & Country's LX, Touring and Limited and Grand Caravan's SE and SXT. No mention is made of short wheelbase models in either lineup.

? Powertrain lineup includes a 4.0-liter and 3.8-liter V6's mated to 6-speed transmissions and a 3.3-liter V6 (flex fuel capable) with a 4-speed. All transmissions are automatic.

? Power sliding doors and power liftgate, plus power folding third row seats.

? Dual and tri-zone heating and cooling, heated seats, sliding and removable center console with deep pocket, movable reading lamps and cloth or leather upholstery.

? Second- and third-row (new) fold-in-the-floor seats, or storage bins for both when seats are not stowed.

Safety continues as a major required feature of any minivan, and Chrysler offers side curtain air bags and stability control plus brake assist as part of its standard safety equipment.
cached link

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: funboy42
Its a Dodge. It will be good for a year or two, if your lucky, then the tranny will fail several times, head gasket leaks, brakes will squeal all the time, stuff will just start to go out for no reason at all :p

Maybe it's just me, but we're on our third Caravan (currently own '03) and all of them have been extremely reliable. There has to be a reason why Caravan outells competition.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Looks like some SUVs do now *cough*durango*cough*

Edit:
The party style seating's pretty cool though. Haven't seen that since van conversions were popular.

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
damn minivans are ugly, I dont care how practical they are, they will always be ugly no matter what they do to em.

Unless you have 8 people to hall around all day, buy a wagon instead.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Give it a couple more inches in ride height and slightly larger tires and you've got yourself an SUV, "crossover", etc.

Funny.