“Umbrella Man” agent provocateur unmasked

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Care to explain what that video is about? I can't tell what they are doing on the grainy video from far away. Only that is what the poster claimed was happening. I did not see them rioting or throwing bricks or setting things on fire. So Meh.

You asked for evidence of the police doing something. There it is. I know this does not fit nicely into your narrative. You really have taken that idea that what you have seen is not what you were told is happening to a new level. Does your eye doctor have a prescription for this blindness? Might want to see if they do.

Why do you think they are collecting bricks in an alleyway? Why are they not out breaking up those anarchist riots? Is there a reason they need to be hiding away doing “something” in an alleyway? Is this action in the police manual for confronting a protest?

The Boston Police Manual Section 1, Subsection D - Peaceful Protests - When a peaceful protest breaks out, the first action is to go to a discrete alleyway and gather bricks. This can be good when protesters raise up arms to show they are peaceful. If peaceful protests do not dissipate immediately, then move to Section E - Use of Gathered Bricks - Sneak around and throw gathered bricks into windows to escalate the situation. When situation escalates, please go to Section 4, Subsection A - The Use of Brutality to Counter Protests Regarding Brutality.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
That video proves nothing. It shows some alleged police officers moving an unknown cargo.

You're going to have to do better than that. But the "story" does fit your narrative.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You asked for evidence of the police doing something. There it is. I know this does not fit nicely into your narrative. You really have taken that idea that what you have seen is not what you were told is happening to a new level. Does your eye doctor have a prescription for this blindness? Might want to see if they do.

Why do you think they are collecting bricks in an alleyway? Why are they not out breaking up those anarchist riots? Is there a reason they need to be hiding away doing “something” in an alleyway? Is this action in the police manual for confronting a protest?

The Boston Police Manual Section 1, Subsection D - Peaceful Protests - When a peaceful protest breaks out, the first action is to go to a discrete alleyway and gather bricks. This can be good when protesters raise up arms to show they are peaceful. If peaceful protests do not dissipate immediately, then move to Section E - Use of Gathered Bricks - Sneak around and throw gathered bricks into windows to escalate the situation. When situation escalates, please go to Section 4, Subsection A - The Use of Brutality to Counter Protests Regarding Brutality.

I believe you are mistaken-

Reactions: pcgeek11

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Not sure why White Supremacists would _not_ be doing this, at every opportunity. Surely it's win-win for them? DIscredit the 'other side', maybe get some bonus looting in as well, and just generally raise the political temperature. Fascists benefit from chaos.

Reactions: Muse

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
That video proves nothing. It shows some alleged police officers moving an unknown cargo.

You're going to have to do better than that. But the "story" does fit your narrative.
I feel like you'd argue that you didn't know what the Jewish people did in Germany before they were executed. We don't have videos of that after all.

You are being intentionally obtuse. Just tell the truth in that you don't give a shit about authoritarian policies as long as you aren't the victim.

I saw a post once: (summary with incorrect wording, but you get the gist)
Republicans change things when something bad might happen to them.
Democrats change things when they think something bad might happen to anyone.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I feel like you'd argue that you didn't know what the Jewish people did in Germany before they were executed. We don't have videos of that after all.

You are being intentionally obtuse. Just tell the truth in that you don't give a shit about authoritarian policies as long as you aren't the victim.

I saw a post once: (summary with incorrect wording, but you get the gist)
Republicans change things when something bad might happen to them.
Democrats change things when they think something bad might happen to anyone.

I really don't care how you Feel.

The poster showed a video and made a claim. It was blurred and you couldn't tell what they were doing.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The "same thing". What is the same thing? Breaking windows?

Got some supporting evidense?
No I'm pretty sure he means the police beating the shit out of peaceful protestors. Have you called for the cops that broke that navy veteran's hand to go to jail yet?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
No I'm pretty sure he means the police beating the shit out of peaceful protestors. Have you called for the cops that broke that navy veteran's hand to go to jail yet?
Of course he hasn't. That Navy vet asking the brown shirts "What is your authorization to be here" is clearly violent rioting.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Of course he hasn't. That Navy vet asking the brown shirts "What is your authorization to be here" is clearly violent rioting.

No, but I think they should be held accountable for their actions if they are convicted of breaking the law.Or at least disciplined if they broke the rules set forth by their command.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
No, but I think they should be held accountable for their actions if they are convicted of breaking the law.Or at least disciplined if they broke the rules set forth by their command.
So if the command is corrupt and they didn't violate rules?

I think the actions of the police leadership recently shows that its not just "a few bad cops." If only the minority were assholes, they wouldn't elect the raging lunatic union reps we are seeing. There are good cops, but the bad outweigh them right now, if not in numbers, at least in power. Whistle-blowers end up getting slower backups or worse. Everyone knows this. A prosecutor will never go after a cop because they need them.

The system is setup to foster corruption in the police force. It's broken.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Doesn't effect me.

If a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass.
If worms carried firearms birds wouldn't fuck with them.

:p
And if one of them had a boot on your throat you'd say "well it's not like they are breaking the law."

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Don't feed the trolls.

But they have nothing else to live for! Don't you feel the least bit sorry for their pathetic lives? They've had a really tough last couple of years; they recently found out that they aren't the big bad proponents of the 2nd amendment who will protect this country from tyranny and are instead the enablers of said tyranny. They also just found out that they've backed the most incompetent president in history that's gotten them nothing but the worst economy in 50 years and a pandemic that will most likely end up killing them or their loved ones. Plus they are having to deal with the reality that they will most likely experience one of the worst political losses in recent history.

Turns out these people are the biggest snowflakes on the planet and they can't take the heat.

• Haha
Reactions: Muse and pcgeek11