“It’s Payback Time” - Donald's Revenge (Update: John Rood fired)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
Sure, except why is he still a Lt Col then? Because he's viewed as a speck of dirt on the sole of his commanding officer's boots because he couldn't keep his mouth shut while parading as a political activist in a military uniform? Yes.

Ok, on his 3rd best pair of boots.

It's obvious that, as a simple regurgitator of propaganda provided to you by the Ministry of Truth and Revelation, you have absolutely no idea how the armed forces actually operates. But hey, if it makes you feel 'important' to smear the reputation of someone who actually cares about his country feel free. The world sees you for what you are.

Nov 25, 2013
Then they probably won't say it's retaliation, just my guess.
This is the real world, the guy worked for Trump, he testified against Trump to have him impeached. Do you think Trump is going to let that go? Do you think they'd share amusing stories around the water cooler and have a chuckle about the time he testified against Trump? Wouldn't it be just a bit awkward at the white house christmas party?

They'll claim the guy was stealing pencils or copped a feel off a staffer, it almost doesn't matter what the excuse is, there will be one.

And quite obviously it doesn't bother you in the least. No surprise there.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So odd that THIS is the story for today, right now, and for tomorrow and certainly come Monday the story will be something completely different. And by then THIS current story will be long forgotten.
So... how long has this Trump thing been going on?
Ever since Donald Trump decided to run for president, I would guess.

When Obama was in, republicans could make a stink about almost anything Obama did. Or that his wife did. Or that their kids did.
They almost impeached Obama because he wore a tan suit. Remember that one? Where republicans suddenly adopted the rule that presidents must only wear dark colored suits.

Or that dress Michelle Obama wore. The dress with the exposed shoulders. Republicans wanted to impeach Obama AND Michelle over that one.
Or when Michelle planted that garden?
Republicans were poised to impeach over that outrage as well.
And Fox News made out as if the Obama's had broken the law and engaged in traitorous acts.

Now we have Donald Trump.....
With every day another circus of fools.
The list of Trump atrocities is endless, yet with Obama republicans could only find one or two that completely obsessed them.
So.... I was wondering, HAS ANYONE KEPT A LIST?
An actual list of the Trump atrocities from day one?
I know I know, it would be quite a massive list. One would probably need a computer and a powerful spreadsheet to keep track of it all.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Then they probably won't say it's retaliation, just my guess.
This is the real world, the guy worked for Trump, he testified against Trump to have him impeached. Do you think Trump is going to let that go? Do you think they'd share amusing stories around the water cooler and have a chuckle about the time he testified against Trump? Wouldn't it be just a bit awkward at the white house christmas party?

They'll claim the guy was stealing pencils or copped a feel off a staffer, it almost doesn't matter what the excuse is, there will be one.
Your grasping at straws.. He fired Him, his brother, and Sonland 2 days after the Impeachment Acquittal. Trump is going to brag about it, so good luck with your belief they will spin it as something else. Only mindless idiots would believe it.

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Lol, now we know you’re just a Laura Ingraham mouth piece. Look up Ollie North and Iran Contra.
very true, he did testify in uniform i remember that and no one was raising a bitch about it at the time and now it becomes an issue because Vindman testified against worm-god emperor trump.

and active duty are allowed to wear uniforms while testifying as part of said duty, no grandstanding found

I've had enough of speedies nonsense and it's about time to put it on ignore

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
"It's also known that the children of conservatives have a tendency to defect".
Data says that's wrong. Did you miss this part of the article?
And those children, this study and others show, commonly follow the politics of their parents.

Hardly a definitive claim. You linked to one partisan right-wing article, which in turn made a vague claim about what one study said. I notice they refer to a review from Harvard only in order to add Harvard's name to a claim that is actually from just one paper in that review. So you have one paper in one journal, by unknown authors "scholars from Brown and Penn State University". And it's not hard to find research that contradicts that central claim about defections.

I mean, if everyone keeps the same politics as their parents, where did liberals come from? Outer space? How does anything ever change?

In any case, the whole thing seems based on a weird reification of parochial American political categories. The division into 'liberal' and 'conservative' is not some universal absolute. Those are quite context-specific categories (I've known some very conservative communists). A lot of African Americans are quite conservative by many measures, but they are far less likely to be Republican. Ditto many Muslims.

Then let’s rejoice with loud Fal la – Fal la la!
That Nature always does contrive – Fal lal la!
That every boy and every gal
That’s born into the world alive
Is either a little Liberal
Or else a little Conservative!
Fal lal la!

(Gilbert & Sullivan, by the way, a commonly-quoted verse)

Edit - people's politics tend, above all, to follow their material conditions and lived experiences and context. They aren't some biological essence or even tribal identity. That's why political change happens.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That's his right as president. Comey found that out the hard way and now these dweebs will as well. Any business is going to get rid of a disgruntled employee if they don't leave first. This is the way.
Putin fired impeachment witness Vindman and his brother. Putin fired impeachment witness Yovanovitch. Putin fired impeachment witness Sondland. Putin fired impeachment witness Taylor. Putin fired impeachment witness Volker. Putin wants to jail Bolton, Schiff, Pelosi.
The rabbit hole you a falling through ... has no place for you on the other side.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
"It's also known that the children of conservatives have a tendency to defect".
Data says that's wrong. Did you miss this part of the article?
And those children, this study and others show, commonly follow the politics of their parents.
A billion sources says otherwise.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Putin fired impeachment witness Vindman and his brother. Putin fired impeachment witness Yovanovitch. Putin fired impeachment witness Sondland. Putin fired impeachment witness Taylor. Putin fired impeachment witness Volker. Putin wants to jail Bolton, Schiff, Pelosi.
The rabbit hole you a falling through ... has no place for you on the other side.
it has a place, a splat when he hits rock bottom is his place and all like him

it's like they're running headlong and can't see the brick-wall because they're looking down at their feet.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It’s pretty instructive how conservatives are trying to justify to themselves and us how the president removing federal officials for exposing his misconduct is somehow normal or proper.

If you’re wondering how you lose a republic, this is how you lose a republic.

May 13, 2009
It’s pretty instructive how conservatives are trying to justify to themselves and us how the president removing federal officials for exposing his misconduct is somehow normal or proper.

If you’re wondering how you lose a republic, this is how you lose a republic.
Or you conduct witch hunt after failed witch hunt because your feels are hurt because you lost an election. Better yet you misuse your power and impeach the president on bologna charges. The people are seeing right through the garbage that is Nancy Pelosi and her type. That's why Trump's approval is up as high as it's ever been. I honestly don't give two fucks if Ukraine ever gets another cent from us. Send the fucking money to Ethiopia or some other place where it's actually needed.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Or you conduct witch hunt after failed witch hunt because your feels are hurt because you lost an election. Better yet you misuse your power and impeach the president on bologna charges. The people are seeing right through the garbage that is Nancy Pelosi and her type. That's why Trump's approval is up as high as it's ever been. I honestly don't give two fucks if Ukraine ever gets another cent from us. Send the fucking money to Ethiopia or some other place where it's actually needed.

case in point

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
We are hurt cause we see you bleeding so much... We wanna save you man. From yourself. Peace.

• Love

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Or you conduct witch hunt after failed witch hunt because your feels are hurt because you lost an election. Better yet you misuse your power and impeach the president on bologna charges.
He was impeached for trying to rig the 2020 election. That’s about the best reason to impeach someone there is short of treason.

You’re reasoning emotionally here instead of logically. If you take an unbiased look at Trump’s conduct the amount of corruption that’s there just from what is public knowledge is vastly worse than any US president in the entire history of the country and it isn’t even close. Imagine how much more we are going to uncover once he can’t block the testimony of witnesses.

It’s going to be bad and on one level I’m sure you know it.

The people are seeing right through the garbage that is Nancy Pelosi and her type. That's why Trump's approval is up as high as it's ever been.

His current polling average is about 43%, lol. So popular!

I honestly don't give two fucks if Ukraine ever gets another cent from us. Send the fucking money to Ethiopia or some other place where it's actually needed.
Who is talking about Ukraine? I care if our president tries to abuse his powers to fix the next election. What’s funny is he’s using your money to do it and you thank him for it. It’s pathetic.