“It’s Payback Time” - Donald's Revenge (Update: John Rood fired)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So now that Trump has been acquitted of Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress... how does the Emperor Strike Back? Who is at the top of his enemies list? Romney? Bolton? Bidens? Parnas? The purported whistleblower? Or will he go after Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi and other Democrats that led impeachment?

With Senate Republicans on track to acquit Donald Trump on Wednesday, Washington is bracing for what an unshackled Trump does next. Republicans briefed on Trump’s thinking believe that the president is out for revenge against his adversaries. “It’s payback time,” a prominent Republican told me last week. “He has an enemies list that is growing by the day,” another source said. Names that came up in my conversations with Republicans included Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Mitt Romney, and John Bolton. “Trump’s playbook is simple: go after people who crossed him during impeachment.”

Several sources said Bolton is at the top of the list. Trump’s relationship with Bolton was badly damaged by the time Bolton left the White House in September. Trump has since blamed his former national security adviser for leaking details of his forthcoming memoir that nearly derailed the impeachment trial by pressuring Republicans to call witnesses. In the book Bolton reportedly alleges Trump told him directly that Ukraine aid was tied to Ukraine announcing investigations into the Bidens (Bolton has denied being a source of the leak).

Update (2/14/20) - Here’s everyone fired, resigned, withdrawn or reassigned since the end of impeachment:

- Lt. Col. Vindman
- Vindman’s brother (no involvement in impeachment)
- Amb. Gordon Sondland
- Amb. Marie Yovanovitch (recalled long ago, but now retired from State Dept. before she could be fired)
- All 4 Federal Prosecutors on the Roger Stone case
- US Attorney Jessie Liu (who led the office prosecuting Stone; Trump dangled a Treasury job to remove her, then rescinded the nomination)
- Undersecretary of Defense for Policy John Rood is the latest name

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Lol two house members who are immune to any meaningful political challenge and very likely to remain in the majority, a multimillionaire Senator who outran Trump's 2016 margin by 17 points in 2018 (not a tremendous year for Rs), and a well connected private citizen with an arsenal of dirt on you.

Alright then.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Yesterday: politics is serious business and the utmost decorum must be respected

Today: poooooooooosaaaaaaaaaaay

1ed823851186d1180dc0b48479bfd286.jpg

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lol two house members who are immune to any meaningful political challenge and very likely to remain in the majority, a multimillionaire Senator who outran Trump's 2016 margin by 17 points in 2018 (not a tremendous year for Rs), and a well connected private citizen with an arsenal of dirt on you.

Alright then.

More likely is he will retaliate against the regular citizens like Bolton.

Like I’ve said before Trump and Barr have weaponized federal law enforcement against their enemies. Similarly, expect the Democratic nominee to fall under federal investigation.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Donald executes revenge against people that HAVENT impeached him.
He executes revenge against the fools who fucking VOTED for him!

This is his country now, we're just living in it.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I figured he would be set free with acquittal, I think the GOP will eventually regret this move, there is no restraining him now.

I think there is a very good chance he'll be the first prez impeached twice if he wins in november.

Reactions: Pohemi and Ken g6
Nov 25, 2013
And further along the road to dictatorship:

"Republican Sens. Chuck Grassley (Iowa) and Ron Johnson (Wis.) announced a review on Wednesday of "potential conflicts of interest posed by the business activities of Hunter Biden and his associates during the Obama administration."

Why it matters: The announcement came roughly one hour after the Senate voted to acquit President s on both articles of impeachment. The charges stemmed from Trump's request for Ukraine to investigate Hunter and Joe Biden on unsubstantiated corruption claims.

Details: The review was announced in a letter to Secret Service Director James Murray. It states the Finance Committee and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee will look into Hunter Biden's business activities in Ukraine and China.

• "We write to request information about whether Hunter Biden used government-sponsored travel to help conduct private business, to include his work for Rosemont Seneca and related entities in China and Ukraine," the letter reads. It also asks for "the protective detail that Hunter Biden received while his father was Vice President," and a "list of all dates and locations of travel, international and domestic, for Hunter Biden."

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
"Republican Sens. Chuck Grassley (Iowa) and Ron Johnson (Wis.) announced a review on Wednesday of "potential conflicts of interest posed by the business activities of Hunter Biden and his associates during the Obama administration."

Yet they turn a blind eye regarding Ivanka' s business dealings with China and others. Damn hypocrites.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Why it matters: The announcement came roughly one hour after the Senate voted to acquit President s on both articles of impeachment. The charges stemmed from Trump's request for Ukraine to investigate Hunter and Joe Biden on unsubstantiated corruption claims.

Details: The review was announced in a letter to Secret Service Director James Murray. It states the Finance Committee and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee will look into Hunter Biden's business activities in Ukraine and China.

• "We write to request information about whether Hunter Biden used government-sponsored travel to help conduct private business, to include his work for Rosemont Seneca and related entities in China and Ukraine," the letter reads. It also asks for "the protective detail that Hunter Biden received while his father was Vice President," and a "list of all dates and locations of travel, international and domestic, for Hunter Biden."

Of course. It's not like they're capable of feeling shame.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
what will be interesting is all this time/energy spent on investigating the bidens, when iowa suggests he has little chance of being the democratic nominee.

what then? scream "but biden" during a sanders, Buttigieg, or warren campaign?

i mean, i suppose diehard trumpers will follow along, but i'd hope anyone else remotely cognizant of who's running will go "huh?" am i giving people too much credit?

(i am ignoring the complete and utter corruption/witch hunt/red herring that embodies this conflict of interest investigation itself because that is pretty obvious)

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
what will be interesting is all this time/energy spent on investigating the bidens, when iowa suggests he has little chance of being the democratic nominee.

I don't think Biden is KO'd just yet. It'll be evident by SC, though. Nate's model was updated recently. It shows everyone but Biden and Sanders still quite distant. Buttigieg has a big uphill battle even with his results in Iowa.

EQDIH6dX0AEeq-u

Reactions: Bitek

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

what then? scream "but biden" during a sanders, Buttigieg, or warren campaign?

i mean, i suppose diehard trumpers will follow along, but i'd hope anyone else remotely cognizant of who's running will go "huh?" am i giving people too much credit?

(i am ignoring the complete and utter corruption/witch hunt/red herring that embodies this conflict of interest investigation itself because that is pretty obvious)

They'll go on rat fucking the Bidens until it no longer suits their purposes.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So we have nine months to put up with Trump's War Against The Truth and Revenge Show before he hopefully gets voted out and have a visit with Southern District New York attorneys.

'Til then, hang on to yer lugnuts. Things should get pretty interesting what with the spoiled brat and his gang of accomplices looking for payback, looking for more helpful interference from Russia (can't win without them) and taking care of those corrupt behind closed door deals with absolutely nothing to worry about now that Moscow Mitch has made good on his promise to give complete protection to Trump Crime Inc. no matter what kind of trouble Trump stirs up for himself.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I for one am hoping they keep digging and we get to see some of the ancillary evidence that crops up. It would be quite interesting to find all the crap that has been hidden pertaining to Trump's crimes suddenly seeing daylight because they are investigating Bolton. FOIA requests for documents about these revenge investigations are going to go through the roof.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
I don't think Biden is KO'd just yet. It'll be evident by SC, though. Nate's model was updated recently. It shows everyone but Biden and Sanders still quite distant. Buttigieg has a big uphill battle even with his results in Iowa.

EQDIH6dX0AEeq-u
God help us all if we get a brokered convention.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The point of all of this is to keep Biden from being the nominee. The Trump campaign would much rather run against one of the others because it is easy to for Trump make fun of them and give them insulting names. Biden is too middle of the road white man.

I for one am hoping they keep digging and we get to see some of the ancillary evidence that crops up. It would be quite interesting to find all the crap that has been hidden pertaining to Trump's crimes suddenly seeing daylight because they are investigating Bolton. FOIA requests for documents about these revenge investigations are going to go through the roof.

I doubt much more will come to light now. Since it worked so well against Congress Trump is going to lock everything down, including FIOA requests. He is in the process of trimming down his staff to just the core sycophants, and will simply ignore any court orders to turn over evidence. Because what are they going to do about it now? He got away with telling Congress that he is above the law.

Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
More likely is he will retaliate against the regular citizens like Bolton.

Like I’ve said before Trump and Barr have weaponized federal law enforcement against their enemies. Similarly, expect the Democratic nominee to fall under federal investigation.
I like how Barr declared on the day of the acquittal that there will be no inquiries or investigation of politicians running for pres, vice pres, and alarmingly campaign managers unless approved by Barr himself. Dept. of Justice, what a joke.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I like how Barr declared on the day of the acquittal that there will be no inquiries or investigation of politicians running for pres, vice pres, and alarmingly campaign managers unless approved by Barr himself. Dept. of Justice, what a joke.

Kind of interesting how Trump is totally okay with foreign powers investigating US campaigns but not the FBI.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Revenge???
Oh be assured... Trump will have his revenge.

That Trump revenge will naturally involve Mitch McConnell and the entire republican congress as well.
Donald Trump never does anything alone. Trump needs that instant gratification from his republicans and from his base.

Trump revenge will be in the form of:

Killing off the "pre-existing conditions" healthcare clause. Killing off of Medicare or at least making a huge attempt to. Killing off of Social Security benefits, and definitely for future Social Security recipients.
Killing off of even more environmental protections.
Killing off of even more banking regulations.
Killing off of free speech and more so free-will.
Killing off of our free and fair election process.
Killing off of every safety-net imaginable.
And the killing off of thousands of American men, women, and children thru reduced healthcare access, increased drug costs, and with air and water full of carcinogens.

OH YEAH!
Donald Trump along with his enablers will go after what they hate most, the little people.
The poor people.
The middle class people.
Everyone and anyone that Donald Trump feels as a threat to Donald Trump.
THAT, my American friends, is exactly how Donald Trump will take out his revenge.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Revenge???
Oh be assured... Trump will have his revenge.

That Trump revenge will naturally involve Mitch McConnell and the entire republican congress as well.
Donald Trump never does anything alone. Trump needs that instant gratification from his republicans and from his base.

Trump revenge will be in the form of:

Killing off the "pre-existing conditions" healthcare clause. Killing off of Medicare or at least making a huge attempt to. Killing off of Social Security benefits, and definitely for future Social Security recipients.
Killing off of even more environmental protections.
Killing off of even more banking regulations.
Killing off of free speech and more so free-will.
Killing off of our free and fair election process.
Killing off of every safety-net imaginable.
And the killing off of thousands of American men, women, and children thru reduced healthcare access, increased drug costs, and with air and water full of carcinogens.

OH YEAH!
Donald Trump along with his enablers will go after what they hate most, the little people.
The poor people.
The middle class people.
Everyone and anyone that Donald Trump feels as a threat to Donald Trump.
THAT, my American friends, is exactly how Donald Trump will take out his revenge.
He's to petty and stupid to do those things listed above purposely. This is going to be personal. Meaning he is going after politicians and civil servants individually.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Dumb question.
Why cant you crowdfund a initiative of PI's looking into dirt on Trumps + GOPs? I am sure a looooot of people would chip in towards such an initiative ... I mean its only fair seeing how Trump is weaponizing Russia in the elections... You could crowdfund from the entire planet.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Dumb question.
Why cant you crowdfund a initiative of PI's looking into dirt on Trumps + GOPs? I am sure a looooot of people would chip in towards such an initiative ... I mean its only fair seeing how Trump is weaponizing Russia in the elections... You could crowdfund from the entire planet.
Where do I send my check.