‘Ignorant A******’: GOP Rep. Doug Collins Slammed For Saying Democrats Love Terrorists

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

I am with Preet Bharara on this one, with collins being an ignorant asshole.
Come on repubs can you be this willfully stupid to make comments like this?
"Doug Collins: Democrats are "in love with terrorists, we see that they mourn Soleimani more than they mourn our gold star families." "

Seriously? Don't mourn our Gold Star families? Your trailtor-in-chief was the one who was attacking Gold Star Families back in 2016.
Remember Captain Humayun Khan?

"Who is running against this craven un-American ignorant asshole named Doug Collins? I will max out to you tomorrow.
I hope you all join me. https://twitter.com/nikkimcr/status/1215070029320019969 …"

"

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I'd like to say I'm shocked and surprised but since newt ran the house it's hard to be surprised by anything that come out of the right. and probably before that.

Reactions: Meghan54

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Trump attacked a gold star family. He also attacked a war vet and fellow GOPer. He also spat in the faces of his own military leaders MANY times over - including the very intelligence he cited as a justification for the bombing.

More importantly, no one in the US mourned Solemani's death. Critics were bashing the timing, tactics, hypocrisy and disregard of protocol - in other words Trump's recklessness, inexperience and incompetence.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hey dumbass Doug, worried about gold star families? Who trashes gold star families in public, you fuckhead?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nothing new. Conservative media has been pounding the Democrats hate America drum for decades, and most Americans believe it to their core.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm just gonna leave this here..
3d2764da659e808c8afff2aae887c29c.jpg

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Deception is a survival skill that comes with intelligence. People who employ it to advantage them socially or politically do so our of a need to fill the void created by self hate and a lack of self respect. It's parasitic. It's part of our biological heritage, also, to pick them off and eat them to prevent debilitating weakness. More up to date remedies could be applied.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Another reason to like Preet, he calls cowardly horseshit out when he sees it. Pretty much nailed it wrt Collins, who is an epic hypocrite and douchebag always digging himself to a new low in order to protect his criminal in chief. Think I might just follow Mr. Bharara's example.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Dear Representative Doug Collins,

You are not my congressman, and while I am ever thankful for that fact, after seeing your performance on Fox News on Wednesday night, I'm not sure you are fit to be anyone's congressman. Specifically, I saw you blithely assert on national television that Democrats "are in love with terrorists. We see that they mourn Soleimani more than they mourn our Gold Star families." No American is "in love" with terrorists or "mourns" the death of that Iranian general on an airstrip in Baghdad. Many of us do, however, mourn the death of decency, honesty and reason here at home.

I realize that you are a politician and that hyperbolic, hyperpartisan claptrap is the unfortunate fashion of the day. But even allowing for the new normal of nastiness in political rhetoric, your casual slur of countless good Americans hits a new bottom. Americans can, in good faith, differ about the legality or efficacy of killing Soleimani. That doesn't make them unpatriotic or lovers of terrorists. It is hostility to differences of opinion that is un-American.

I understand that politics is a tough racket. I served as a Democratic staffer in the US Senate. I get that terrorism is a threat. I prosecuted terrorists as a United States attorney, working just yards from Ground Zero. I know of the particular evil posed by Qasem Soleimani. My office prosecuted plots orchestrated by him and the Quds Force, including the conspiracy to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States in 2011.

So, I have some idea of what is at stake here when it comes to terrorism. As you well know, Congressman, terrorists do not kill Republicans or Democrats. They kill Americans. You know what else is true? The prosecutors, law enforcement agents and intelligence officers who keep us safe from terrorism do not do so as Republicans or Democrats. They do so as Americans. The victims of terrorism — and their families — do not grieve as members of a political party. They do so as Americans. You are not a talk radio host or a carnival barker. You are a pastor, an attorney and a sitting member of Congress. Therefore, the evidence would suggest you should know better. To utter such garbage, which you know to be false and defamatory, goes against all the training and teaching you must have received. But you got your cheap shot across, and perhaps that's all that matters to you.

To be clear, Congressman, I am not making some old and familiar naive call for a return to "civility" in our politics. I don't have much hope for that in the immediate future. I just want people like you to knock off the worst scurrilous nonsense. I'd hope that would be possible for a member of the House who happens to be the ranking member on the Judiciary Committee. If we are going to come together, protect the homeland and heal the hearts of people who have suffered the scars of terrorism, we need our leaders to do better than lazy trash talk.
Learn that volume and wisdom are not the same thing.

You were elected to lead. Please give it a try.

Respectfully,

Preet Bharara

Ouch.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Reactions: TheVrolok