‘Good Catholic Male’ Refuses to Fill RX for Miscarriage

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
https://jezebel.com/a-pharmacist-refuses-to-give-medication-to-woman-having-1829823159

Peterson was requesting misoprostol, used to induce labor, to finish a miscarriage after finding out her fetus had died. Before she could get to the store she received a call from the pharmacist, telling her he was a “a good Catholic male” who objected to giving her the medication because “it’s used for abortions” (misoprostol is one of the medications used in the “abortion pill,” the other is mifepristone.) After Peterson explained that the fetus was not viable anymore, he didn’t believe her, and refused to transfer the prescription to a different pharmacy. Thankfully The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan sent a letter to Meijer arguing that the pharmacist’s refusal actually violated public accommodation laws.

Just try to imagine losing a wanted pregnancy and some asshole at the pharmacy accuses you of killing your baby and then withholds the medicine and the prescription leaving you with a dead fetus in you and no medical way to proceed.

I’m not a violent guy and would never start a fight but I would be sorely tempted to take this prick out back and wipe the self-righteousness from his face.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Lock him up. Listen, if you not willing to dispense any legal drug get your pious ass out of the profession. And don't give me that religious freedom bullshit. You are free to get another job if you won't do that one.

ER doctors are not allowed to turn away suspected murderers. They still have to try to save their life.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
But remember, it was god's will to kill the unborn baby. All part of his master plan.
Yup. What’s super hypocritical is if Mr. Good Catholic Male is married and not using protection as good Catholics should nature excuse me God is aborting 30-70% of the fertilized embryos excuse me babies he and his wife make each year.

Of course those don’t count because it’s god doing the aborting and Mr Chatholic has no choice but to have unprotected sex. So he’s not responsible unlike Mrs probably lying about a miscarriage.

Reactions: gradoman

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
People like that should have a note besides their name if they ever call 911 in case the dispatcher decides they're not worth saving. We'd love to come out but gas is 3.90 a gallon.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Lock him up. Listen, if you not willing to dispense any legal drug get your pious ass out of the profession. And don't give me that religious freedom bullshit. You are free to get another job if you won't do that one.

ER doctors are not allowed to turn away suspected murderers. They still have to try to save their life.

So if I was a lawyer and a slumlord came to me and wanted to evict a widow with 5 kids I should be forced take the money or find a new job?

Many years ago I was a pressman. A small company with 2 presses. My fellow pressman refused to print anything from any christian organization. I picked it all up and did it just so,. I dunno. I was trying to keep peace and although I disagreed with his belief system I do believe he was probably the most pious man I've ever met.

When he was let go it had nothing to do with his beliefs. It was lack of impressions per hour. He looked curiously dignified and proud when he walked out.

Im rambling.

I guess what Im asking is if you were out in the desert with Trump and his entourage and the President went to take a piss and was bitten by a rattlesnake. Right the head of his dick and you were the only person licensed to so suck venom out of a snakebite would you suck the venom out?

Aug 11, 2008
So if I was a lawyer and a slumlord came to me and wanted to evict a widow with 5 kids I should be forced take the money or find a new job?

Many years ago I was a pressman. A small company with 2 presses. My fellow pressman refused to print anything from any christian organization. I picked it all up and did it just so,. I dunno. I was trying to keep peace and although I disagreed with his belief system I do believe he was probably the most pious man I've ever met.

When he was let go it had nothing to do with his beliefs. It was lack of impressions per hour. He looked curiously dignified and proud when he walked out.

Im rambling.

I guess what Im asking is if you were out in the desert with Trump and his entourage and the President went to take a piss and was bitten by a rattlesnake. Right the head of his dick and you were the only person licensed to so suck venom out of a snakebite would you suck the venom out?
No, that is Stormy's job. But Trump would say it was a mosquito and deny it ever happened.

Aug 11, 2008
Not defending the pharmacist, but this whole thing sounds weird. So she was having a miscarriage, went to the doctor, got a prescription sent to the drugstore, then had to go pick it up herself? Couldnt they just give her the drug at the clinic, or where ever she got the treatment?

Nov 25, 2013
Not defending the pharmacist, but this whole thing sounds weird. So she was having a miscarriage, went to the doctor, got a prescription sent to the drugstore, then had to go pick it up herself? Couldnt they just give her the drug at the clinic, or where ever she got the treatment?

What doctor's offices do you know of that sell prescription drugs on premise?

Reactions: Aegeon

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Im rambling.

Lawyers are not obligated to take every case. However if you are court appointed then you have to take it. Our constitution guarantees everyone is entitled to a defense. People in the medical profession are obligated to treat everyone.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Im rambling.

the law requires him to pass the prescription to another pharmacist and if one is not available to let another pharmacy fill it, he refused to do either and so broke the law.

your analogy with trump doesn't hold water for one, I would have nothing to do with trump and two, if he gets bit in that region there is something not kosher going on as snakes don't jump up to bite, it will be the closest object that threatens it, likely a lower leg.

or trump is a snake fncker.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkswordsman17

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I know nothing about them and seem unable to find anything on Google. I've never seen/heard of a doctor's office that had a pharmacy as part of the office.
the only time i ever got drugs from a doc were samples, nothing sold.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
After Peterson explained that the fetus was not viable anymore, he didn’t believe her, and refused to transfer the prescription to a different pharmacy. Thankfully The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan sent a letter to Meijer arguing that the pharmacist’s refusal actually violated public accommodation laws.

A Meijer spokesperson declined to comment on the specific incident, but told the Detroit Free Press that pharmacists are allowed to abstain from filling a prescription due to religious beliefs, but they have to ask another pharmacist to do it in their place and to transfer it to a different pharmacy if there is no one else there to help.

Meijer already had a policy on this so this rogue pharmacist should abide by it or look for a new job.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
A Meijer spokesperson declined to comment on the specific incident, but told the Detroit Free Press that pharmacists are allowed to abstain from filling a prescription due to religious beliefs, but they have to ask another pharmacist to do it in their place and to transfer it to a different pharmacy if there is no one else there to help.

Meijer already had a policy on this so this rogue pharmacist should abide by it or look for a new job.
It isn't just against corporate policy, he broke the law by refusing to pass it on

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If your faith won't allow you to do your job, then you can't do the job. Go find something else that is compatible with your faith.

Reactions: Sonikku

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
I know nothing about them and seem unable to find anything on Google. I've never seen/heard of a doctor's office that had a pharmacy as part of the office.

Patient First is an urgent care company on the east coast and they have a limited pharmacy on-site. You stop at the pharmacy window on the way out if you choose to fill your script there. They can dispense many meds for whatever acute symptoms brought you in that day. They aren't doing refills or anything else. They also are not doing abortions. I could not imagine such a setup in an abortion clinic.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Don't let Pence hear you talking like that. That's godless liberal talk.

I knw it'll shock those here, I was once a godless liberal. But I've seen the light and now I'm a godless Trump supporter. I don't care what faith someone has, that's their right to worship and I'd never get in the way of that. But if part of someone's job is to dispense medication as prescribed, then that's what that person should do, not push their faith's rules or whatever on others.

Last edited:

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I don't care what faith someone has, that's their right to worship and I'd never get in the way of that. But if part of someone's job is to dispense medication as prescribed, than that's what that person should do, not push their faith's rules or whatever on others.
;thumbsup
I don't care what people believe (as it relates to non-scientific stuff) but don't force it on others.

Reactions: SlowSpyder

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I feel like we’ve already had this thread. Was this the same pharmacist from a couple months ago or new one? Scenario was very similar if not