‘Good Catholic Male’ Refuses to Fill RX for Miscarriage

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Yeah, so you don't know what Satanism even is. I think its silly, but objectively faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more evil has been done in the name of Christianity than Satanism. In fact most "satanism" was just coded word for Christians to do some fucked up shit by accusing people that didn't bow down to them of it so they could torture and murder them. Which, hell even Christians can't get their version of Satan right, so obviously you're gonna be starting at a place of idiocy when it comes to the Church of Satan.
The Christian god is a very nasty one. He is the only deity that I know of that wants to send you to Hell for simply being born.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
https://jezebel.com/a-pharmacist-refuses-to-give-medication-to-woman-having-1829823159

Peterson was requesting misoprostol, used to induce labor, to finish a miscarriage after finding out her fetus had died. Before she could get to the store she received a call from the pharmacist, telling her he was a “a good Catholic male” who objected to giving her the medication because “it’s used for abortions” (misoprostol is one of the medications used in the “abortion pill,” the other is mifepristone.) After Peterson explained that the fetus was not viable anymore, he didn’t believe her, and refused to transfer the prescription to a different pharmacy. Thankfully The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan sent a letter to Meijer arguing that the pharmacist’s refusal actually violated public accommodation laws.

Just try to imagine losing a wanted pregnancy and some asshole at the pharmacy accuses you of killing your baby and then withholds the medicine and the prescription leaving you with a dead fetus in you and no medical way to proceed.

I’m not a violent guy and would never start a fight but I would be sorely tempted to take this prick out back and wipe the self-righteousness from his face.

It would be kinda funny to walk out behind a Meijer and see a guy in pharmacists jacket standing over you and pissing on your face.

Less fucktarded and more recent coverage of this says that Meijer did fill the prescription at another store and this guy either quit or was fired right after the incident happened back in July

Mar 11, 2004
It would be kinda funny to walk out behind a Meijer and see a guy in pharmacists jacket standing over you and pissing on your face.

Less fucktarded and more recent coverage of this says that Meijer did fill the prescription at another store and this guy either quit or was fired right after the incident happened back in July

What's with you conservatives and enjoying watching people pee on other people? Is this more of you projecting what you desperately wish would happen to you? Hell based on your demigod, you'd even pay them for it.

Ah, well you'll be a job creator paying him to piss in your face then.

Reactions: Zorba and hal2kilo

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
What's with you conservatives and enjoying watching people pee on other people? Is this more of you projecting what you desperately wish would happen to you? Hell based on your demigod, you'd even pay them for it.

Rim Job branching out into water sports? That's...great.

Dump's sphincter will be distraught.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Satan didn't damn Humanity to Hell and demand we worship him. Jesus Christ on the other hand, did, So who is worshiping Evil here?

Ah I see. It's so simple. It doesnt have anything to do with our own failures. It's God's fault for not making us automatons.

Brilliant.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Don't forget they also love using the term cuckold. So I think they are all fantasing about some other dude fucking their wives and then getting pissed on by the guy.

Reactions: darkswordsman17
Nov 25, 2013

"Peterson was on vacation at the time and had to drive three-and-a-half hours to the Meijer near her home in Ionia to get it. By the time the Ionia pharmacy was able to find the script in their internal system, Peterson had waited six hours to get the medication."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...e-medication-citing-religious-beliefs-n921711

Reactions: darkswordsman17

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ah I see. It's so simple. It doesnt have anything to do with our own failures. It's God's fault for not making us automatons.

Brilliant.
Humanity didn't do anything to desverve to be damned to eternal torture in Hell to begin with. This we all are born in Sin and need to be saved is utter nonsense.

Reactions: Zorba

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
This is what happens when Catholic males run the Supreme Court.

I am a Catholic male and none of the Church's opinion about abortion has or ever will take with me. Man is behind those opinions. The same men that can't keep their hands off of young children. If I'm wrong I'll deal with a little more purgatory...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Brilliant.
What he brought up is a theological dilemma that Catholic and other religious scholars have been debating for centuries.
If God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent, all at the same time, then how could He allow evil to exist? Free will is the obvious fall back answer, but free will doesn't explain infant damnation, or damnation for those who never heard of Christ.
The only logical answer for this is that God isn't omnibenevolent. Or the Church is wrong and God saves even those who don't directly accept Him.

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I would think most would agree with this. He should not be forced to fill a script but if a doc wrote it (ie it’s not fraudulent to buy opioids or something) then he should be required to hand it off to another pharmacist on duty there or call it in to a different local pharmacy in that order.

Nope. I think you'll find you are wrong. I cannot pick and chose which patients I take care of in any setting I have ever worked. This stark fact is make very clear in the first few weeks of schooling for any patient care programs/fields... If you find something in your soon to be chose line of work you cannot do because you find it so abhorrent, you need to switch gears...

This guy is no different...

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Nope. I think you'll find you are wrong. I cannot pick and chose which patients I take care of in any setting I have ever worked. This stark fact is make very clear in the first few weeks of schooling for any patient care programs/fields... If you find something in your soon to be chose line of work you cannot do because you find it so abhorrent, you need to switch gears...

This guy is no different...

I can’t speak for your agreement with your employer but more than likely you can invoke a morality clause for conscientious objection as far as legality goes.

https://www.thehastingscenter.org/briefingbook/conscience-clauses-health-care-providers-and-parents/

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
What he brought up is a theological dilemma that Catholic and other religious scholars have been debating for centuries.
If God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent, all at the same time, then how could He allow evil to exist? Free will is the obvious fall back answer, but free will doesn't explain infant damnation, or damnation for those who never heard of Christ.
The only logical answer for this is that God isn't omnibenevolent. Or the Church is wrong and God saves even those who don't directly accept Him.
My answer to this is that no gods have been shown to exist or anything remotely supernatural. Good and Evil are Human terms to describe actions and events that are either beneficial or harmful to human survival and well-being.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Humanity didn't do anything to deserve to be damned to eternal torture in Hell to begin with. This we all are born in Sin and need to be saved is utter nonsense.

The doctrine of the Fall of Man is far from exclusive to Christianity, finding corroboration in Plato's The Republic and Pandora's character in Greek Mythology, to say nothing of Islam, Hinduism, and many other traditions.

It's one of the only doctrines in religion that manifestly stares us in the face.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

That's not what he brought up. He said Satan isn't evil; Christ is.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
The doctrine of the Fall of Man is far from exclusive to Christianity, finding corroboration in Plato's The Republic and Pandora's character in Greek Mythology, to say nothing of Islam, Hinduism, and many other traditions.

It's one of the only doctrines in religion that manifestly stares us in the face.
There was no Fall of Man.

Nov 25, 2013
Something that people are overlooking. There was no abortion. There was no religious belief to uphold. The guy simply refused to accept the word of both the woman and her doctor because he felt like it. This is on top of refusing to obey the law if it had been an abortion related prescription.

He should be fired.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
What else who you call a god that damned the entire Human Race for no other reason then what the very first man and woman did?

I'd call him God. He created us and we rebelled, so he let's us determine if being apart from him is truly what we want.

And for those who do want that, that's precisely what we get.