“This has completely changed our definition of an ---load of guns,”

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Clear quote “This has completely changed our definition of an ass-load of guns,” said Chesterfield County Sheriff Jay Brooks.

I mentioned this in another thread but thought this story deserved a mention all its own here. This made me think that some guys are the equivalent of crazy cat ladies but with firearms...lol! Almost 5,000 firearms, with pistols stored in buckets. Some weapons were stolen plus there were hundreds of weapons with the serial numbers removed. Would you have liked to have this guy as your neighbor? The neighbors interviewed sure seem to like him. I guess he also runs the local liquor store, which just makes me laugh more.

Think he is getting a bum rap for being a gun owner or does it sound like he is in deep crap? I vote for deep crap, the drugs were too much...lol!

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Clear quote “This has completely changed our definition of an ass-load of guns,” said Chesterfield County Sheriff Jay Brooks.

I mentioned this in another thread but thought this story deserved a mention all its own here. This made me think that some guys are the equivalent of crazy cat ladies but with firearms...lol! Almost 5,000 firearms, with pistols stored in buckets. Some weapons were stolen plus there were hundreds of weapons with the serial numbers removed. Would you have liked to have this guy as your neighbor? The neighbors interviewed sure seem to like him. I guess he also runs the local liquor store, which just makes me laugh more.

Think he is getting a bum rap for being a gun owner or does it sound like he is in deep crap? I vote for deep crap, the drugs were too much...lol!

Despite all those scary guns he owns, he can only really fire 1, maybe 2 (with no accuracy at all) at a time. So the point?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
It'd be nice to know the actual percentage of stolen guns. The story hints that he could have been trafficking illegally, maybe as some kind of middle man to criminal organizations, but if he's really just some crazy hoarder dude, it seems silly.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Despite all those scary guns he owns, he can only really fire 1, maybe 2 (with no accuracy at all) at a time. So the point?

No point really, just wondering if someone like you would be bothered if your neighbor was this guy. Would you care that hundreds of stolen firearms were found in his home and others that had their serial numbers obliterated? That he was caught transporting a large number of weapons out of county while in possession of hydrocodone? Should he be locked up for a period of time and lose his second amendment right for the rest of his life?

From now on every time I hear about hoarders like this guy I am going to think "Crazy Gun Guy". He hates to see the poor strays laying about so he brings them home to love and cherish...lol!

Jan 25, 2011
Well don't worry about the poor guns. With more and more states passing laws requiring police to sell guns and banning them from being destroyed they will probably end up back on the streets soon enough. Many have already been sold back into the streets and then used against their law enforcement sellers.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
He's obviously mentally ill and so no I would prefer he wouldn't be my neighbor.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
I was under the impression that it was illegal to remove or deface a manufacturer's serial number on a firearm.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I was under the impression that it was illegal to remove or deface a manufacturer's serial number on a firearm.
Highly, highly illegal, as it demonstrates criminal intent.

Furthermore, although he claims to have bought most of his guns "at stores", the cops said there is nary a background record of him every buying a firearm. So yeah, he's screwed, blued and tattooed. Which is good news for our South Carolina friends; with such a big fence taken down, burglary becomes a bit less attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.