‘I Didn’t Know You Had Families’ Mitt Romney Told Group Of Gay Parents

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...roup-of-gay-parents/politics/2012/09/11/48832

political-pictures-mitt-romney-robot-in-the-running-3.jpg

Some notable quotes:

“I didn’t know you had families,” remarked Romney to the group, according to Wilson.

For about 20 frustrating minutes, say those in attendance who Boston Spirit interviewed recently, they shared their stories, pled their case, and tried to explain how equal marriage would protect them and their families. Romney sat stone-faced and almost entirely silent.

“Is there anything else?” Romney asked when they finished. With that, the meeting was over.

“It was like talking to a robot. No expression, no feeling,” recalls David Wilson, one of the plaintiffs in the case who met with Romney that day. “People were sharing touching stories, stories where you’d expect recognition in the other person’s face that they at least hear what you’re saying — that there’s empathy. He didn’t even shake his head. He was completely blank.”

“I looked him in the eye as we were leaving,” recalls Goodridge. “And I said, ‘Governor Romney, tell me — what would you suggest I say to my 8 year-old daughter about why her mommy and her ma can’t get married because you, the governor of her state, are going to block our marriage?’”

His response, according to Goodridge: “I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter. Why don’t you just tell her the same thing you’ve been telling her the last eight years.”

Then in May 2006, Henry got a phone call from Romney’s chief of staff. A Commission press release touting the Youth Pride parade had been sent out on stationery that included the governor’s name in its sidebar. This placed Romney’s name on the same page as the word “transgender.” He was not happy. He was going to shut down the Commission. Just like that. The end.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
YEah...i don't believe that at all. It's so fucking out there its really unbelievable. Nobody really thinks that gays don't have families..thats..really.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
YEah...i don't believe that at all. It's so fucking out there its really unbelievable. Nobody really thinks that gays don't have families..thats..really.

This is the same man who believes corporations are people. It's not far out for him.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
This is the same man who believes corporations are people. It's not far out for him.

a LOT of people in power do. why? it allow's them to give more to the politicians.

IF you think its just Romney or the GOP you are mistaken.

even that. having corporations as people (insane i know) has some bases in reality for it. saying that a gay does not have family? really its fucking unbelievable anyone would think that.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blogs/bostonspirit/2012/09/romney_a_wimp_not_so_much_acco.html is a link to the orginal article..

Note: The following story is adapted from the September/October 2012 issue of Boston Spirit magazine.

wich is a blog sight..

good god i hate romney and hate defending him. But good god the story is comeing from a blog who claimed they heard it from someone else. On something that is so fucking out there it is really unbelievable. great now i need a shower.

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
a LOT of people in power do. why? it allow's them to give more to the politicians.

even that. having corporations as people (insane i know) has some bases in reality for it. saying that a gay does not have family? really its fucking unbelievable anyone would think that.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blogs/bostonspirit/2012/09/romney_a_wimp_not_so_much_acco.html is a link to the orginal article..

Note: The following story is adapted from the September/October 2012 issue of Boston Spirit magazine.

wich is a blog sight..

good god i hate romney and hate defending him. But good god the story is comeing from a blog who claimed they heard it from someone else. On something that is so fucking out there it is really unbelievable. great now i need a shower.

LMAO
No really, i talked to a guy who talked to a guy that said Obama was pimping out some girl back in the 90's! Really, it happened! I read it on some activist website! Would they lie to gullible dumbshits?

*just joking folks, there's no proof that Obama ever pimped out anything except his honesty and integrity*

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010

wich is a blog sight..

lol, I know what you mean. I feel your pain. (bites lower lip)

Anyway, I am sure many here will take this story as gospel, and spread the news with great fervor to their friends on facebook. Don't forget to tweet too!

I would ask the OP the obligatory "slow news day?", but its not. :hmm:

Now if y'all will excuse me, I am going to whip up my own 'activist' website and see who bites.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Blog. Cannot find any credible news agency sources reporting this. In other words... probably never happened. Let's see how many lefties take it as Gospel and how many false equivalencies and strawmen are built by the righties in response...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Why are you defending Romney when he is an absolute nutjob when it comes to the Gay issue???

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Blog. Cannot find any credible news agency sources reporting this. In other words... probably never happened. Let's see how many lefties take it as Gospel and how many false equivalencies and strawmen are built by the righties in response...
actually the GOP platform is anti gay...so this story falls right into line with what Romney believes...

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Do I believe this is possible with Romney? Absolutely. But do I trust a he said she said blog? No.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Why are you defending Romney when he is an absolute nutjob when it comes to the Gay issue???
Maybe he feels that issues are best served by the truth. Even if Romney is a nutjob it does not gain to allow lies into the matter.

Did the story in the OP happen? I have no idea. It seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Feeeeeeeeeeeeelings
who-o-o feelings
feelings in my heart.....

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Maybe he feels that issues are best served by the truth. Even if Romney is a nutjob it does not gain to allow lies into the matter.

Did the story in the OP happen? I have no idea. It seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

This. Even though I won't vote for Romney more than likely and deeply lament the takeover of the Republican party by social conservatives it goes against my sense of justice to advance an agenda based on innuendo and items that are more than likely lies. First of all it's wrong (crazy I know :p), second I think it dilutes the real facts used to push your ideas.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
#1 He is Mormon
#2 This was before he became a larger political figure
#3 His political experience and probably his humanity had not been tested in the real world

I believe this because I have dealt with extremely close minded religious people and with Mormons especially I could see this being true.

Would this happen now? I seriously doubt it, he has been well groomed and brought up nicely in the political system. He will make gaffs of course, but if this were to happen today it would be the nail in the coffin much like Rick Perry's Oops moment or Paul's "We should adhere to the Christian golden rule" moment.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well considering it is posted on a gay activist site about something he said 8 years ago...

Maybe he didnt.

He was the governor of Massachusetts. If he didn't know, it's because he chose to bury his head in his ass.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
hahahaha that's funny. I talked to a guy who said something about someone! It's true 'cause it's on the internet!

I'm sure there are some gullible idiots like OP that fall for this tripe.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
hahahaha that's funny. I talked to a guy who said something about someone! It's true 'cause it's on the internet!

I'm sure there are some gullible idiots like OP that fall for this tripe.

You just summed up the birther movement.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

/this

I have said before i hate Romney and will not vote for him. But shit like this is what sucks about politics today. I hated the birther BS too.

Shit like this does NOT help the Dems at all. People like me who are on the fence on party stance look at it and laugh (again same with birther shit). They take a story that most likely is a lie and not backed by anything more then a blog as fact.

#1 He is Mormon
#2 This was before he became a larger political figure
#3 His political experience and probably his humanity had not been tested in the real world

I believe this because I have dealt with extremely close minded religious people and with Mormons especially I could see this being true.

I was raised mormon. I am still friends with many hard core Mormons. I have NEVER heard anyone remotaly make a comment such as thinking that gays/les do not have families. It is not logical for a person to think. Even hard core mormons know basic reproductive issues and that to be alive you need a MOTHER AND FATHER. if you didn't that would put you even with Jesus.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
"Governor Romney, tell me — what would you suggest I say to my 8 year-old daughter about why her mommy and her ma can’t get married because you, the governor of her state, are going to block our marriage?"

“I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter. Why don’t you just tell her the same thing you’ve been telling her the last eight years."

A+ response, kinda makes me want to vote for the guy.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
So believing in the traditional definition of marriage makes you an "absolute nutjob" now?o_O

No, but believing that your specific definition of marriage is the exclusive "traditional" definition certainly makes you very close minded and possible a nutjob.