Maximum simultaneous keypresses on a keyboard?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cabana

Mar 29, 2001
aaaaaaaaassssssssssssssdddddddddddffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

4 on my Microsoft Ergo 4000

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
5 here on a HP generic keyboard (PS2). Not sure what my limits are at home...

-spike

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
The new Razer Tarantula has unlimited "chording" so you can hold as many buttons as you want... I don't know why I would want to do that but I'm sure someone out there would find it useful.

JK_THOR

Mar 21, 2020
6 keys, TVS GOLD BHARAT keyboard (mechanical + USB)

sdfjkl sdfjkl jklsdf sdfjkl sdfjkl sdfjkl sdfjkl

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Tends to be 2-6-10 or N (Infinite) Key rollover. Lots of membrane keyboards only allow one or two keys pressed in certain groups. "Gamer" Membrane keyboards just tend to make sure that keys most people use like wasd are on different groups (why membrane traces are all over the place). There are other things like bandwidth to take in to consideration as well. So some mechanical keyboards will have a 6 key or 10 key when wireless, but Nkey when plugged in.

sdjfalk; urwoepqi kmojldscfw,gxei34vh

Test above is with a Corsair K68
First two are 8 presses with main fingers and the last one with two fists into the center of the keyboard. The last one is me hitting 19keys at once. So my keyboard has N-Key roll over.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Guys, this is a thread necro (last post was 14 years ago!) until the new/first time poster (possibly a bot) brought it back from the dead. No need to continue replying to it.