How to write a program whose input various information of the companies

niksirat

Aug 23, 2022
Hi,
I want to write a program whose input is the names of the companies and when adding the name of each company, it will take various information from that company of different types,
1- TextBox (daily production rate),
2- CheckBox (select product features),
3- OptionButton (the gender of the company owner),
4- Date (Product delivery time, yy/mm/dd), ... in a form and store all that information in the profile of that company.

I just started programming. Of course, I have an average familiarity with Matlab, which I know is not suitable for writing this program.

What programming language should I use for this task so that I can design a beautiful appearance (GUI) for entering information and this information can be entered easily by the user?

Is there a pre-written program that is close to my goal so that I can improve it to suit my needs?

Thanks in advance.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
25 years ago I would have said MS Access. But that kind of doesn't exist anymore.

Is this an online form or a local data entry form? For local, try Excel. For online, Google Sheets.

If those aren't quality enough for you, there are lots of companies that make online forms easy, like Formstack or Google Forms. They tend to charge money, though.

Reactions: mxnerd

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
25 years ago I would have said MS Access. But that kind of doesn't exist anymore.

Yep. Used Access for a few years in the past.

OP might consider LibreOffice Base as well if only used locally.

Last edited:

Jimminy

May 19, 2020
You're a little late Muskan. He has probably passed (or failed) that CS course and moved on to the next.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Google forms. It writes to a flat Google sheet. Unless the goal is to learn to code.

LoL just noticed the YEAR....