Hisense TV spec comparison (Canada)

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I’m looking at the U6KR at Costco ($511) and the U68K on Amazon ($479). I just want to confirm… The U6KR has VA and is QLED and the U68K is IPS but is miniLED. Is that correct? If so, with contrast ratio and black levels being the two only important specs to me, I’m better off with the VA panel on the U6KR even if it’s not miniLED, correct?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Probably someone on the reddit group you posted a topic on, will know the particulars between these two sets.

Personally, I would not get a Hisense due to the poor customer service I experienced, after the buggy Android (aka Google TV) OS kept freezing up and eventually bricked the TV, just out of the warranty period.

I wasn't even using the smart features, just HDMI input.

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I wasn't even using the smart features, just HDMI input.
Well that's a shitty sign. Because we don't use smart features either, our tvs are essentially monitors for disc media players and for a Rpi that accesses our home network shares.
I think they're pretty hit and miss. Some people swear by them and love them. Nobody on that reddit post has been able to help.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
We tested the 65-inch Hisense U6K, and the results are also valid for the 55 and 75-inch models. In Canada, it's known as the Hisense U68KM and performs the same. This TV has many variants. There's the U68K in Canada, which doesn't have Mini LED. There's also the U6KR, which uses Roku TV instead of Google TV, and even the U68HF, which is an Amazon variant with the Fire TV operating system. These models perform differently from the North American U6K/U68KM, so our results aren't valid for those models.

tinpanalley

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I have since reached out to Hisense here in Canada and they flat out told me that rtings is wrong about the U68K .That it is in fact a miniLED. It seems there is a lot on the rtings site that isn't quite accurate about specific models which is bizarre considering they're here in Canada.

Reactions: balloonshark