Can't reset password at AnandTech

tommo1982

Jan 9, 2019
This might not be the place to ask, but I couldn't find any other thread.

I'm having issues with resetting my password at AnanTech website. I keep getting an error message:
Password reset was unsuccessful. Please correct the errors and try again.
  • System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Transaction failed. The server response was: 5.7.1 *******************: Recipient address rejected: Access denied at System.Net.Mail.RecipientCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response) at System.Net.Mail.RecipientCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, String to, String& response) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at AnandTech.Public.Models.AccountMembershipService.ResetPassword(String email) in C:\Data\Dropbox\Git\anandtech\src\AnandTech.Public\Models\AccountModels.cs:line 98
I thought the website and forum use the same password so I reset the one on forum. I had no issues, forum password changed, but unfortunately it doesn't work on the website.
I don't understand. Is this a server side problem? From the looks of it my email address was banned?

tommo1982

Jan 9, 2019
I see no one knows the answer. Then, does anyone know how I can contact admin or someone who can help me with the issue, perhaps?

Contemporary websites are so frustrating. There's never an easy way to ask for help. You have to go through a lot of pages to find nothing and end up frustrated. There isn't even a way to send a support ticket. Does AnandTech have anyway of contacting tech support? I can't find any, expect for press or employment contact.

Last edited:

Pheoni

Feb 21, 2006
I'm having this same issue. Is there not an email address for the web-admin team?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The forum accounts and the AnandTech.com accounts are different and the forum administrators/moderators don't have anything to do with the main site accounts.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
The forum accounts and the AnandTech.com accounts are different and the forum administrators/moderators don't have anything to do with the main site accounts.
Really? At one point, I thought that they were linked, but I guess not (anymore?).

Makes me wonder if I ever logged into the main site to post a comment. I might have. I don't recall my password on the main site. Oh well. I comment enough here.

Some sites drive traffic to their associated forums, by having a comment/thread link on the main article page, that goes to the associated forum thread. Maybe AT should start doing that? Have a sub-forum for "Front-page article threads"? Maybe suggest that.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I am having a problem resetting my PW.

I changed it, but I did not write it down correctly, so now I am playing guesswork. I tried to reset, but I have not received anything via mail yet (it has been 10min)

TIA!

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I am having a problem resetting my PW.

I changed it, but I did not write it down correctly, so now I am playing guesswork. I tried to reset, but I have not received anything via mail yet (it has been 10min)

TIA!
please post this in Moderator Discussions if you are still having issues.