Question Can boot into BIOS but not windows on HDMI

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Just disable or uninstall bitdefender for the time being. You can always add it back.

Skyzoomer

Sep 27, 2007
Also check that Microsoft Defender acknowledges that Bitdefender is the recognized AV and isn't competing with it.
When I check Task Manager Processes, I don't see an entry for Microsoft Defender or for Windows Defender. Unless they go by a different name. So it appears that BD disabled Microsoft Defender as it should.

Last edited:

Skyzoomer

Sep 27, 2007
Just disable or uninstall bitdefender for the time being. You can always add it back.
At first, I was reluctant to permanently uninstall Bitdefender for troubleshooting because it might be hard to reinstall it and have it recognized as a paid for subscription.

But it came to the point and you are 100% correct. So I uninstalled BD and did 3 shutdown and power on boots. All 3 boots into Win11 display the desktop icons instantly when the taskbar is displayed.

So yes, it definitely proves that BD was the culprit that was delaying the desktop icon display for 51 seconds. (Unless tomorrow morning's power on boot has the delay problem again 😉)

The delay does not happen on my Win10 tower PC or my Win10 laptop PC. So it appears that BD is not fully compatible with Windows 11.

I've sent an email request for help to the Bitdefender company and received a confirmation number. Will see if Bitdefender has a fix.

Last edited:

bba-tcg

Apr 8, 2010
computerguyonline.net
When I check Task Manager Processes, I don't see an entry for Microsoft Defender or for Windows Defender. Unless they go by a different name. So it appears that BD disabled Microsoft Defender as it should.
I suspected Bitdefender as well. Well, at least a conflict between it and MS Defender.

Skyzoomer

Sep 27, 2007
But it came to the point and you are 100% correct. So I uninstalled BD and did 3 shutdown and power on boots. All 3 boots into Win11 display the desktop icons instantly when the taskbar is displayed.

So yes, it definitely proves that BD was the culprit that was delaying the desktop icon display for 51 seconds. (Unless tomorrow morning's power on boot has the delay problem again 😉)
This morning I did a power on boot (after the PC was shutdown all night) and the desktop icons displayed instantly. So far so good "without Bitdefender".

Reactions: Shmee