Anal creators of iCrap, Apple - More Secretive than the Pentagon!!! WTF?!

compuser

Feb 14, 2000
i mean, COME ON! the creators of fruity pos cubes and baby toys (aka. iCrap... aka iMac) have the guts to completely shed out ATI cards from their machines and go insane at ATI!??? and all that just because ATI CEO made a simple disclosure about the platforms to be supported by their Rage128 and Radeon cards?!

i have one thing to say to apple regarding this crap they just pulled on ATI... if you are so concerned about keeping the secrets of your new systems' configurations, then DON'T RELEASE THEM AT ALL!!!

here the situation is not like AMD/Intel where keeping cpu specs a secret till they come out pays off so that the other company can't steal your idea and implement in its own cpu. no sky is going to collapse on apple if their crapy config is revealed prematurely... no pc maker aint gonna put the same config in their systems.

feel sorry for ati. its been loyally serving the oem market for years now!

here is the link to the big bucket of crapola Apple pulled on ATI: http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2605858,00.html

-----------
EDIT: don't get me wrong. i do truely admire the architecture of the G4 cpu and its efficient handling of instructions. however that doesn't justify the pos frontend they put in front of you! the toy and the OS that makes the toy run. (and yes, i HAVE used an iCrap for the sake of learning how to use the babyOS and its menial options)

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
You gotta wonder how Job's irrational decision will affect Apple. People may lose their jobs (no pun intended) over this if sales drop because Macs can't compete without the radeon. Funny how the stupidity of one man can potentially cause so much damage. I'm not laughing though.

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why do you think they got rid off him in the first place?

As a visionary he was great but hes a real moron at times.

obeseotron

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ridiculing apple isn't worth the time and effort. If you paint dog crap blue, it's still dog crap.

My boss will be OKing the final phase out of the old macs to be replaced with modern PCs within the week, and I can't wait. Only problem is, who do you think has to rummage through those old macs and export all of the data that they've accumulated over the years?

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Well, Too bad for them... no more real gaming support. On the other hand, Nvidia can take ATI's place. I feel bad for ATI...