Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002

Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-23-12-1

New Feature Highlights​

• New Game Support
    • THE FINALS
  • NEW AMD Software UI Redesign–The Home and Gaming tab have undergone a UI redesign in this latest update of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition.
    • HYPR-RX profiles can now be enabled easily on a global basis, or per-game on the Home Tab; additionally, games on the Home tab now will display key art for a more vibrant experience
    • When users go to the Graphics section within the Gaming tab, they will be able to learn more about specific features in each HYPR-RX profile by clicking on individual features to display a content block that contains more information about what benefits each feature enables
    • Now when you view your performance metrics in AMD Software, you can choose to customize elements such as the background or text colours, default enabled metrics through profiles, as well as select options such as showing the metrics overlay only while a game is open.
  • Introducing: AMD HYPR-RX Eco– designed with power savings in mind, when HYPR-RX Eco is enabled, AMD Software will enable a suite of features for gamers to experience power savings with one click
    • HYPR-RX Eco will launch initially with support for Radeon™️ 7000 Series graphics support and RDNA™️ 3 platforms
  • Expanded OpenGL Interop Support - AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 expands support for FRTC, Radeon™ Super Resolution, Overlay, Record and Stream features to OpenGL games.
  • Additional OS Feature Support
    • Support for Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling for Radeon RX 7900/7800/7700 series GPUs. Click HERE for more information.
  • Additional SDK Support
    • Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click HERE for more information.

Fixed Issues​

• Improvements to high idle power when using select dual monitor display setups with mixed resolutions and high refresh rate displays (such as 1440p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz or 2160p @ 120/144Hz + 1080p @ 120/144Hz) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent micro-stuttering may be experienced when running Chromium-based browsers on systems that pair a Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPU with a secondary display connected to an AMD Ryzen™ 7000 series processor.
  • Stars may intermittently fail to appear while playing Crysis Remastered.
  • Certain textures may become invisible while playing Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Intermittent corruption may be observed on the racetrack while playing EA Sports WRC.
  • Intermittent stutter while playing Overwatch 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XTX.

Known Issues​

• Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
  • Intermittent grey screen after driver upgrade with certain monitors (such as Nixeus NX-EDG274K) on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Performance drop may be observed in some DirectML workloads.
  • Graphics API metric may show as N/A in certain UWP applications.
  • Intermittent flickering of certain ground textures may be observed while playing War Thunder with 4x SAAA enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.

Important Notes​

• Starting in January, AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver releases will no longer support AMD Link. This move will allow AMD to put more focus on developers with our SDKs such as the AMD Advanced Media Framework that allow them to enable streaming functionality within their solutions. Gamers can continue to use AMD Link until then. Click HERE for more information.
  • Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.
  • For users who previously installed an AMD Software insider preview driver, running AMD Cleanup Utility is recommended before installing this driver.
  • Graphics profiles and performance metrics setting mays may be adjusted after upgrading from previous AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver versions. Users experiencing issues may use the settings reset option in either the graphics or performance metrics page to recover to default settings.

Package Contents​

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 Driver Version 23.30.13.01 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.23013.1023).

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Wow, lots of changes! Anyone try these out yet?

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Wow, lots of changes! Anyone try these out yet?
I just installed them like 1 min ago.

*update*

For HAGS support on RDNA 3 you need to be using Windows 11

On Windows 10 I see this

1701890641815.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Elfear

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
What is HAGS?

gdansk

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2011
What is HAGS?
Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling. In theory it could reduce latency of unbuffered desktop applications (all 0 of them?) and offload some scheduling work to another controller on the GPU. No real benefit so far, but it'll probably become standard in future versions of Windows.

Reactions: bigboxes

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Well new drivers seem fine, but I haven't noticed any reduction in idle power draw with my monitor setup.

Dec 10, 2005
Hm... had been running these for a little over a week. Just had a random crash while the computer was idling as I ate dinner. 2 dmp files created, with the AMD bug report tool popping up (which of course couldn't submit the bug report for whatever reason) and Blue screen viewer showing:

dmp file 1: amdfendr.sys AMD Crash Defender AMD Driver Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. 23.30.0.1
dmp file 2: ntoskrnl.exe NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.22621.2861 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64

If it happens again, I'll probably revert to November's drivers. Haven't had any issues when playing hours of BG3 though...

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
Any other 7800XT users getting inconsistent black screens when running high intensity games? Hell Let Loose etc.

It only happens a few times a week. Driver 12.1.23

Dec 10, 2005
Haven't seen that issue. There will be some weird lighting on weapons in BG3 during some dialog, but I've seen that on my wife's computer running an RX6600 and November's drivers too in similar scenes.

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I don't think I have seen any issues yet with these latest drivers, as far as crashes or instability. They do seem to be improving slowly overtime, though I do still get high idle power usage with the 7900 XTX.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Any other 7800XT users getting inconsistent black screens when running high intensity games? Hell Let Loose etc.

It only happens a few times a week. Driver 12.1.23
i've seen this reported on reddit but only on that specific GPU haven't seen this on mine with these drivers.

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
So far no crashes with a fresh Windows 11 install. I did limit the clocks to 2400mhz (based on some reddit threads). I may put it back to default and see if I can recreate these black screens.

Reactions: Makaveli

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Don't make much difference currently from the Video unless you play VR games.

Dec 10, 2005
Another new bug or something:

To preface, I have Windows 11 set so it shouldn't install drivers on its own. Went to try to open the overlay panel (Ctrl + Shift + O) - flickering screen, and then when I tried to open the AMD control panel, it said it was the wrong driver version and couldn't open. Had to reinstall the driver to be able to access the control panel. Not sure what happened there...

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Another new bug or something:

To preface, I have Windows 11 set so it shouldn't install drivers on its own. Went to try to open the overlay panel (Ctrl + Shift + O) - flickering screen, and then when I tried to open the AMD control panel, it said it was the wrong driver version and couldn't open. Had to reinstall the driver to be able to access the control panel. Not sure what happened there...
Sounds like windows 11 installing it own drivers. So that is a Windows bug not AMD.

One of the reasons i'm still on Win 10.

Dec 10, 2005
Sounds like windows 11 installing it own drivers. So that is a Windows bug not AMD.

One of the reasons i'm still on Win 10.
Haven't seen that happen before, even with that setting turned off. However, I do agree that it seems like that is the case.

Funny enough, I've seen this happen in the past on my wife's computer which is still under W10, and same "don't install drivers" option checked off.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Haven't seen that happen before, even with that setting turned off. However, I do agree that it seems like that is the case.

Funny enough, I've seen this happen in the past on my wife's computer which is still under W10, and same "don't install drivers" option checked off.
I've heard more reports of it on Win 11 than 10.

I myself still on 10 and never had this happen to me.

iLLusiveMan

Dec 13, 2022
It happens much more often with APU's in laptops, APU's in desktops, Windows 11, Windows 10, and DGPU's (roughly in that order).
Yeah I've see this happening mainly on laptops and PCs with APUs (ryzen G and the new zen 4 CPUs). Anyway I think it's a windows bug (feature ? ) and it should be reported to Microsoft.
In ~4 years I never experienced this in W10Pro with a 5700XT/6700XT and a ryzen 5800X.

Reactions: Makaveli

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
Yeah I've see this happening mainly on laptops and PCs with APUs (ryzen G and the new zen 4 CPUs). Anyway I think it's a windows bug (feature ? ) and it should be reported to Microsoft.
In ~4 years I never experienced this in W10Pro with a 5700XT/6700XT and a ryzen 5800X.
It's never happened on my 5950X or Vega64/7800XT. It happens at least once a month with my 5400U and 5700G. It's an APU issue 90% of the time (although I've seen DGPU users report it on occasion).