Alienware

sgtpepper06

Dec 27, 2001
Does anyone know the heatsink/fan combo in an alienware pc? Also what type of mobo they use, is it good stable o/c? For a Amd xp system, ddr.

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< I don't know the answer to your questions, but are you planning to buy an Alienware system? >>

I hope not. ;)

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Deal Lord no! Just build one... they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overpriced.

jacklutz

Aug 13, 2001
If you know enough to overclock, you know enough to build your own rig... don't bother with Alienware.

LuNoTiCK

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
I wouldnt overclock with a system like alienware's. It might work, but the problems it might cause. If you buy a system like that you are paying for the support and warranty, if you overclock you lose it. I think you do at least.

skeletal29

Oct 2, 2001
they are overprices but i would buy from alien ware any day over frkin sears or circuit city or somehting like that!

gregor7777

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2001
they are overprices but i would buy from alien ware any day over frkin sears or circuit city or somehting like that!

I'm not sure I get the logic there. You saying you'd rather buy a machine that you pay 4 times what it's worth rather than paying for a machine that cost twice as much as it's worth?

Pick your poison, but at least Sears is easier on the wallet. :)