· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-24-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
Scitex

Default What to do when FedEx says my package was delivered, but I didn't get it :(

Bought a motherboard from a trader here and got my tracking #. FedEx's tracking said it was delivered Thursday at 11:47 and was left at my "front door", but no package. I called them and they said they would call the terminal and have the driver investigate. Has anyone else had a similar experience and found thier package, and what else can I do if they don't find it? It wasn't insured......
Old 02-24-2003, 01:58 AM   #2
Crimson
Banned

Default What to do when FedEx says my package was delivered, but I didn't get it :(

All Fedex packages are insured for $100 by default I believe.. But if they don't have a signature proof of delivery, I don't think that matters.. they will have to pay up.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 01:58 AM   #3
CraigRT
Lifer

I think that means they dropped it off, and it might have been stolen cause it was just sitting in your door. I have heard of that before. You may be out of luck, but I am really not sure, that hasn't happened to me. I always make sure, if I am not here, to have them keep it at the depot, and I always arrange to pick it up.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:59 AM   #4
fr
Diamond Member

It seems like you have done all you can by calling them.

You might also call the shipper to let them know. Aren't all packages insured up to $100?
fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:15 AM   #5
brxndxn
Diamond Member

Check your back porch and stuff...

Usually, they try to put it in an inconspicuous place.. I once had a package put in the large plasic box that I use to keep my hose in my back porch by UPS. I didn't mind, though, because it was about $300 worth of computer stuff and I really wanted it that day.

Check with your neighbors too. My apartment is 502, but my package was once delivered to 512 upstairs.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #6
AnyMal
Lifer

Have you asked the neighbors?

My modest Heatware

AnyMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:27 AM   #7
ElFenix
Elite Member
Super Moderator
Off Topic

fedex actually has a thing that they're supposed to say if it was left with the neighbors

AnandTech Mean Moderator
ElFenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:28 AM   #8
SherEPunjab
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Scitex
Bought a motherboard from a trader here and got my tracking #. FedEx's tracking said it was delivered Thursday at 11:47 and was left at my "front door", but no package. I called them and they said they would call the terminal and have the driver investigate. Has anyone else had a similar experience and found thier package, and what else can I do if they don't find it? It wasn't insured......
funny, just happened to me on thursday.

yeah, you call 'em up and complain. they do a 'trace route.'

that means they get in touch with the driver. in my case, he delivered it to the wrong address. first time its happened and i use those guys A LOT. but, that is within the realm of possibilty. If they did'nt find it i would have b*tched till the cows came home.
SherEPunjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 02:35 AM   #9
Scitex

I checked everywhere around the house and in the garage, but no package. Haven't gone out scouring the neighborhood just yet as it's been pretty crappy weather here since Thursday. Thought if one of the neighbors got it they would be honest enough to call or bring it over. If they have it and didn't try to get it to me, makes me wonder if they would give me an honest answer when I knock at thier door and ask. I haven't heard back from FedEx yet and the lady I talked to said thier next business day will be Tuesday. Hopefully the driver will have luck remembering where he left it. I informed the guy I bought it from and he said if there's anything he could do, just ask. Great bunch of folks here!