· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-11-2001, 09:45 AM   #1
ngracias

Default Comcast free cable internet for 3 months

A sales rep. from Comcast was at the door yesterday marketing for the cable tv and the Comcast Internet service. The premium cable tv service he said would be for $29.95 and the basic for $19.95 for three months and that I could get free Internet service from Comcast for three months and after that it would be $29.95 with free cable modem rental. I am not sure about installation for Internet service but installation for the cable tv he said would be free. I am in NJ and I am sure they would be givin' this deal everywhere.
ngracias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:59 AM   #2
pm6163

I am in NJ too, too bad my town has only cablevision , and they have no promotions at all on cable internet service like ATT or Camcast is having, shall have 2 cable companies in any town to compete and drive the cost down (for us, consumers).
pm6163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:19 AM   #3
salsal

In the land of cornfields, Comcast wants $42 for basic cable TV and $45 for internet. Consider yourself lucky. Comcast is the only game in town here. Their internet speed is very very slow at peak hours. They keep signing up new subscribers but do nothing to increase bandwidth. If you have other choice don't get Comcast.
salsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 12:44 PM   #4
Sensor

I've had Comcast for awhile, then moved to another area in NJ that's supported by Optimum Online (cablevision). After having both, I'm glad that Cablevision has no promo's, because Comcast is absolutely terrible in comparison.

Consider yourself lucky to have Optonline.

--Ed
Sensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:41 PM   #5
manly
Diamond Member

<< A sales rep. from Comcast was at the door yesterday marketing for the cable tv and the Comcast Internet service. The premium cable tv service he said would be for $29.95 and the basic for $19.95 for three months and that I could get free Internet service from Comcast for three months and after that it would be $29.95 with free cable modem rental. I am not sure about installation for Internet service but installation for the cable tv he said would be free. I am in NJ and I am sure they would be givin' this deal everywhere. >>

That's dirt-cheap but how can you be sure they'd offer this everywhere? You work for Comcast national marketing?
manly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 02:19 PM   #6
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member

Installation is a no brainer - decline their offer to install it if they want $$$.

All it involves is sticking in your network interface card, setting up the addresses that they provide you, attaching a CAT5 cable from your NIC to the modem, attach the modem to the cable connection wire and powering up the modem.
Old 12-11-2001, 02:23 PM   #7
geekender
Platinum Member

Maybe this can help the Excite @ home people?
geekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 04:00 PM   #8
Gmetech

<< Maybe this can help the Excite @ home people? >>

Last week, Comcast and Cox each paid Excite $160 million each for the next three month's use of Excite's network. After the 3 months, both Comcast and Cox are supposed to be running 100% on their own network, and Excite has said they will cease doing business on Feb28th.

I'm sure Comcast and Cox are looking for ways to pay for that $160 million, and the money they have put into their own networks; not to mention keeping the customers they have now, since they both sent their existing customers email that showed Netzero as their backup plans if the deal they just made hadn't worked out. It will be interesting to see what cable internet and DSL will be like 6 months or a year from now, with Cox and Comcast managing their own networks, and maybe DSL providers getting overloaded with users defecting from the cable companies.
Gmetech is offline   Reply With Quote