Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Off Topic

· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· AMD Video Cards
· Nvidia
· Displays
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Home and Garden
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2001, 07:25 PM   #1
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,953

they're usually dark, like tinted black, and it goes on the top of each window on the outside of the car. it lets you have your window cracked in the rain without getting your interior wet.

and where can i buy these whatchacallits?
Heatware - 252-0-0
psteng19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:27 PM   #2
Diamond Member
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 28 27' 20"N 98 16' 20"W
Posts: 5,947

You can buy something like that at www.weathertech.com
woodie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:28 PM   #3
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,747

fallenoncrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:34 PM   #4
Golden Member
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,262

A weatherflector!
mastaki11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:37 PM   #5
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,411

Ventshades---depending on the vehicle, you might be able to get them at Wal-Mart.
snakesnfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:43 PM   #6
Diamond Member
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,953

thanks guys.

anything good or bad to say about them, for those who use em?
Heatware - 252-0-0
psteng19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 07:44 PM   #7
Elite Member
Super Moderator
Off Topic
ElFenix's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 94,896

you can smoke in the rain with them.
I killed and ate the Fun Mod with some jellybeans and a little Chianti.

AnandTech Mean Moderator
ElFenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2001, 08:11 PM   #8
Diamond Member
montanafan's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 3,548

Good - they keep my hair from getting messed up when I drive with the windows down. They let you drive with the windows down in the rain. They can really add to the appearance of some vehicles especially those with black trim.

Bad - If possible, hold them up to the window before you have them put on because they can be annoying to your view on some models. I had them on a Nissan truck and I never got used to them being in my line of sight at times. I have them on my Toyota Tacoma Double Cab now and never notice them at all. Also, DO NOT get those extra wide versions, I think they call them Bubble Shades, talk about blocking your view!!!

You can purchase and have them put on at any vehicle accessory dealership like Ziebart or Leonards. Look under Truck Accessories in the Yellow Pages. They'll cost you about $50 there, but you can be sure they're put on properly.
montanafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Alpha 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.