· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
darth maul
Platinum Member

Default Where can I get a Onkyo tx-sr805 hdmi board?

So I have a onkyo 805 receiver. But two problems I need to fix, one the hdmi board stopped working awhile back, and two the front display went dark, as in it isn't displaying anything. The display is a $2 fix, but I can't find a source for the 805 hdmi board!?! Can any repair techs help me source one? And no I don't even know the part number. Unless it is marked on there somewhere? I can easily enough take it out of the receiver to look if need be...

On white van speakers:

Quote:
Originally posted by: shortylickens
"No thanks but I was in a donut shop and overheard some cops talking about buying a new sound system for their lounge. Shall I go find them for you?"
darth maul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Number1
Diamond Member

It might not be a bad idea to get the board out (providing you are comfortable doing it) and inspect the board for obvious signs of damage like burnt marks or capacitors bulging, lose connectors, etc. There are plenty of threads on the net about Onkyo HDMI board repairs.

Once you have a part number it might be easier to find it on the net.
Have you contacted Onkyo?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1246078/ho...ir-for-dummies

How old is your 508 and what can you afford to spend to get it going? It might be a better idea to just get a new one.
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4200, MSI P67A-G43 (B3) P67 ATX LGA1155, Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Stiletto 8GB 2X4GB PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit, 5450 Radeon 500M X 2, 4TB storage, 600W OCZ GameXtream, Windows 7 HP 64, Samsung Syncmaster2463uw, Audio password Audio
Number1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
darth maul
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
It might not be a bad idea to get the board out (providing you are comfortable doing it) and inspect the board for obvious signs of damage like burnt marks or capacitors bulging, lose connectors, etc. There are plenty of threads on the net about Onkyo HDMI board repairs.

Once you have a part number it might be easier to find it on the net.
Have you contacted Onkyo?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1246078/ho...ir-for-dummies

How old is your 508 and what can you afford to spend to get it going? It might be a better idea to just get a new one.

Ya I am more then comfortable taking the board out. I have seen them go for $70~ on ebay. An nope no noticible signs of anything on the hdmi board. I know I was rotating the receiver one time and heard a crunching sound at the hdmi jacks because my cables were to short. So I think that is truly what did the hdmi board in...

If I put less then $100 in, I would be happy to go back to it. I did pickup a onkyo 414 ($167) networking receiver for now, heck maybe for long haul. I like the massive amounts of hdmi, I like streaming from my ipad to the receiver, etc. I do wish it had audssey, and more power-clean power. But meh, it's all a trade off I guess.

If I can't source a known working hdmi board in the next two weeks, I thnk I am going to sell the 805s remote, power cord and anything else that people might want, hope to get $30-40 just for the remote.

On white van speakers:

Quote:
Originally posted by: shortylickens
"No thanks but I was in a donut shop and overheard some cops talking about buying a new sound system for their lounge. Shall I go find them for you?"
darth maul is offline   Reply With Quote