· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
ViviTheMage
Lifer

Question best wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming?

I am used to having everything USB, but would love to get a decent wireless gaming keyboard and mouse. I would love bluetooth, but proprietary wireless is fine too, as long as it's good and responsive.

I have been thinking of this :

Logitech K750 KB

and Logitech G700 mouse

vivi's blog

239-0-0

Last edited by ViviTheMage; 10-20-2012 at 03:25 PM.
ViviTheMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
ViviTheMage
Lifer

Welp, I went all Logitech fanboy and picked up a G700, K750, and decided to go all out and picked up some wireless G930 headsets too.

I have always used cheap Dell keyboards, and I have used the same 2 G5 mice for the last 4-5 years.

Hopefully these rock.

Let's hope for no lag/delay in gaming!

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 10-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Canbacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViviTheMage View Post
Welp, I went all Logitech fanboy and picked up a G700, K750, and decided to go all out and picked up some wireless G930 headsets too.

I have always used cheap Dell keyboards, and I have used the same 2 G5 mice for the last 4-5 years.

Hopefully these rock.

Let's hope for no lag/delay in gaming!
I don't have any experience with the other periferals, but the G700 is my main mouse and I don't see any discernable lag. There are different wireless options for power. If you have it in max gaming mode, don't expect the stock battery to last more than a day.
Canbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
ViviTheMage
Lifer

It has batteries, so I picked up some eneloop extreme long life ones with 2300mah?

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Canbacon

Quote:
It has batteries, so I picked up some eneloop extreme long life ones with 2300mah?
Yea, it comes with a standard Eneloop. The extreme version should hold out better, but the G700 in gaming wireless mode chews through batteries if you do a lot of motion.

What I have is an extra set of batteries, when 4 batteries get drianed a 5th stays in the mouse while the others are charging. Though, I believe the USB cable also transmits data. So while it is charging the battery it will act as a normal USB mouse.
Canbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
SphinxnihpS
Diamond Member

If you like all the extra keyboard garbage like macro pads, LCD screens, touchpads, etc. or you are a casual gamer who mostly plays MMOs, forget this keyboard. This keyboard was designed and built specifically for FPS and gamers who want the lowest latency, and highest accuracy from their keystrikes. It also serves as a swell keyboard for fast typers who like to feel what they are doing.

Keyboard

This mouse has no equal.

Mouse

EDIT: lol, reading fail... wireless. I dunno about wireless keyboards. If you can find a BT mechanical keyboard, especially with Cherry MX Black keys, get that.

Last edited by SphinxnihpS; 10-23-2012 at 05:12 PM.
SphinxnihpS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
ViviTheMage
Lifer

I saw that razer, if this one sucks, i'll return it and try that guy out.

Like I said, I went logitech fanboy, because they've done me right so far.

I do have 2 razer headsets that rocked, but were wired.

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
N4n45h1

I picked up a G700 recently, and it's been great. Latency on both wired and wireless are about the same (none). When switching between wired and wireless mode, there's a momentary lapse, but after that there are no hiccups.

The only thing I dislike is the provided charging cable. When not using the mouse wirelessly, the charging cable is very thick and stiff, creating a fair amount of resistance when moving the mouse.
Desktop: i5 3750k @4.2 GHz | CM Hyper 212+ Evo | Gigabyte Z77X-U3DH | Gigabyte GTX670 Windforce | 16GB Samsung DDR3-2133 | Intel 520 240GB | Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X-650 | Win7 x64

Dell Latitude E6400: C2D P9600 @2.66 GHz | Nvidia Quadro 160M 256 MB| 1440x900 | 8GB DDR2-800 | Intel 320 120GB | WD Scorpio Blue 750 GB | Intel 5300N | Win7 x64

Apple Macbook Air 13": i5 3317U 1.8 GHz | Intel HD 4000 | 1440x900 | 4GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB SSD | OSX Mountain Lion
N4n45h1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
ViviTheMage
Lifer

Played CS GO for a few hours, keyboard AWESOME.

Mouse, AWESOME.

Headset, cut out on me like 3-4 times for a few seconds...like 4-5. Beyond that it's comfortable as hell. Not sure how to feel about the random cut outs though...

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 10-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
JamesV
Golden Member

I have both the Logitech G700 and the Razer Mamba 2012 wireless mice, and have to give the G700 better marks, even though the Mamba feels a little bit better in my hands.

Why the G700?
  • Uses AA batteries instead of a battery pack. Run a set of rechargeables like I do, and you never need to plug it in, just take 10 seconds to switch batteries.
  • DPI buttons are raised for a better tactile feel; usually bind these to things like 'Melee attack' and very easy to distinguish when your finger is over them, unlike the Mamba which has the DPI buttons flush with the left mouse button.
  • Logitech's software is much better than Razers; reading profiles from my Mamba takes about 30 seconds (wth?) and changing a bind can take 20 seconds per button for some reason with the Razer software.
  • Never had a click not register (unlike the Mamba).
The only thing I'd give the Razer the edge in is feel. The front of the Mamba has a flared out area where the L/R buttons are, and it feels really comfortable (the G700 L/R keys are closer together).
JamesV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
ViviTheMage
Lifer

The ONLY thing i've noticed is when I was taking a test in a flash window, the mouse lagged, but I think it might have been the higher DPI on the flash exam and pinpoints it was using, not sure, but outside of that it's been great for gaming.

Feels good in my hand, lots of good options!

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
moonbogg
Diamond Member

Older thread, but I love the G700 as well. Only complaint with the G700 (besides battery life) is I have a button that doesn't click right. Good thing I don't ever use or need that button. I use a G35 headset (wired version of G930) and it works great and sounds good for gaming use. Of course, if you want really good sound for music it might not be the best choice, but its a very good gaming headset. I use a wired keyboard though.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
ViviTheMage
Lifer

I do like being all wireless now ... I have the razer chimaera and razer megalodon, i'll probably sell them once I get a few more hours with the G930's. I love being wireless ... I don't like when it cuts out though. That was annoying.

The keyboard is ROCK solid, very good for gaming, very responsive. It feels as if I never left wired.

My only gripe, all three wireless devices, even though they're logitech, all required different adapters, so I need to use 3 USB ports + 1-2 if I need to recharge mouse/headset.

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 07-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #14
rhetorics

I consider the G700 to be the best in terms of wireless options currently available as well. I own one myself and it's certainly one of the most comfortable gaming mice I've ever used besides Razer's DeathAdder. Sure, you have Razer's Mamba and Ouroboros too as your other wireless choices but the prices are significantly higher and the reviews of them are pretty bad to be honest.

Last edited by rhetorics; 02-14-2014 at 03:08 AM.
rhetorics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #15
ViviTheMage
Lifer

Lovely first post

I now have 4 G700's...haha....been getting them on sale!

One for work, one for home PC, one for laptop, and one spare just in case 8). I find that the mice I love disappear, so I usually get as many as I can....as I am very picky about mice.

I used to have 5 logitech MX300's, but overtime they broke. Then I had 3 Logitech G5's, and now am on to the G700 for the last year or so now, LOVE it.

The KB I notice some issues with getting 80%> battery it gets a little flaky while gaming, but otherwise great.

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #16
Mushkins
Golden Member

Did the G930's ever stop cutting out for you? I'm about due for a new headset and was thinking about going wireless, but if they aren't reliable I dont want to spend the money.
Mushkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
JamesV
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
Did the G930's ever stop cutting out for you? I'm about due for a new headset and was thinking about going wireless, but if they aren't reliable I dont want to spend the money.
I'm a huge proponent for wireless, but over the last few years and issues with wireless headsets (both Logitech and Turtle Beach), I've gone back to wired, and am happy with that.

Using the G35 headset now, which has great sound, but I've already had to return one, when the ear cup broke off - the only thing holding the cups to the headset is a tiny round plastic piece that the cups swivel on. Bad design in that area.

I do have the occasional annoyance when I need to get something, and have to take off the headset, but at least I never get any cut-outs or static.
JamesV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
ViviTheMage
Lifer

The G930's still cut every so often, but it is not very often ... maybe every 2 hours or so. I love wireless headsets though, so i'll deal!

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 07-31-2013, 02:23 AM   #19
rhetorics

Quote:
Lovely first post

I now have 4 G700's...haha....been getting them on sale!

One for work, one for home PC, one for laptop, and one spare just in case 8). I find that the mice I love disappear, so I usually get as many as I can....as I am very picky about mice.

I used to have 5 logitech MX300's, but overtime they broke. Then I had 3 Logitech G5's, and now am on to the G700 for the last year or so now, LOVE it.

The KB I notice some issues with getting 80%> battery it gets a little flaky while gaming, but otherwise great.
4 eh? That's a little extreme.. I really doubt Logitech will stop manufacturing the G700's anytime soon. They're selling like hotcakes on Amazon and everywhere else! I have my eyes on the latest 2013 DeathAdder.. does anyone know any significant differences that they have besides the increased DPI?
rhetorics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #20
Mushkins
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesV View Post
I'm a huge proponent for wireless, but over the last few years and issues with wireless headsets (both Logitech and Turtle Beach), I've gone back to wired, and am happy with that.

Using the G35 headset now, which has great sound, but I've already had to return one, when the ear cup broke off - the only thing holding the cups to the headset is a tiny round plastic piece that the cups swivel on. Bad design in that area.

I do have the occasional annoyance when I need to get something, and have to take off the headset, but at least I never get any cut-outs or static.
Thanks for the insight. My current Razer wired headset is on its way out, as much as I loved it. My biggest gripe was that they give you about ten miles of cord when I need maybe 4' tops, and the cat *loves* swatting at the extra when he wants attention. Wireless is just one less thing to worry about, i'll have to look into their return policies and give it a shot. The occasional cutout isn't that big of a deal, i'm mostly using it for Mumble when playing MMOs, not looking for the perfect flawless audiophile sound experience
Mushkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
ViviTheMage
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetorics View Post
4 eh? That's a little extreme.. I really doubt Logitech will stop manufacturing the G700's anytime soon. They're selling like hotcakes on Amazon and everywhere else! I have my eyes on the latest 2013 DeathAdder.. does anyone know any significant differences that they have besides the increased DPI?
purchased 2 of amazon, got 2 more as good deals off AT for like $20!

vivi's blog

239-0-0
Old 09-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #22
mjohndat

After read some above recommend, i think g700 is best gaming mice til now, i plan to buy it, is it good if buy through amazon, how about quality?
mjohndat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
SamMaster

I have the k750 keyboard and I love it! I do not notice lag with it and the keys have a nice feel. Plus it is so thin, and uses the unifying connector so I can get a mx performance mouse eventually. Great buy!

Edit: also the battery lasts a long long time. It never dies! Even when on all day in a dark place. Plus it can take a bit of charge just from the LCD screen's lighting.

Last edited by SamMaster; 09-08-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: More things to add
SamMaster is offline   Reply With Quote