· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 08-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
OutHouse
Lifer

Thumbs down Hey Outhouse, you have Mineral rights and royalties to a producing oil well, PSYCH!

man what a roller coaster ride today. on Sat i get a letter, Division order and W9 in the mail stating i have mineral rights to a oil well near my house and to sign all papers and mail back to them.. i researched the shit out of it even found the well online. shit is real here check this out. I even drove out to the well and took a pic of it. the sinage on the well is the same company that sent me the letter.

Zoom out....
http://www.eser.org/helgoth-heirs-2-...rado-2n-66w-24

i called the firm this morning. and the lady who signed the letter answered the phone she talked to me in detail about this. turns out some old rich guy died in 2009 and the company who wrote me is managing his oil field estate. BP turned their lease over to Anadarko and did not give Anadarko any info on who owns the mineral rights and royalties. so this company spent god knows how many hours tracking down the owners of the mineral rights in that area. So their research showed i owned the mineral rights to the well. Im like WOOT!!! all weekend!!!!

This lady could not find my file (her assistant was not in yet) so could not give me specifics about how i have mineral rights. she highly suggested that I just sign the form and send it in, if did not then at the end of the year she would have to send the money to the state as unclaimed money.

so cool i signed the forms put them in a envelope and ill drop it off at lunch.

but something was not adding up, you know that little tickle you get when things are not right. because i know for a fact when i bought my house in 1997 the contract excluded mineral rights.

So i called this firm back and asked her point blank what they found in their research that said i have mineral rights. well she didnt know so she went to find my file. 5 min go by and she comes back to the phone and said she cant find my file and would call me back.

15 minutes later she calls me and found my file. turns out the developer i bought my house from way back in 1997 had some typos on the deeds. some said EXCEPT MINERAL RIGHTS and some did not. that was the issue some property sold did not have that exclusion of mineral rights, so my file was sitting on the lawyers desk and is why she could not find it. DAMN! so i received the letter in error..

<< going to have a liquid lunch today.

"Going to McDonalds for a salad is like asking a prostitute for a hug." Sean Fallon

my post are being monitored by a STALKER!

Last edited by OutHouse; 08-13-2012 at 03:00 PM.
OutHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
sunzt
Platinum Member

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo close.... yet...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

far.

A six letter word (Except) killed your lottery ticket.
sunzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
dfuze
Lifer

That really sucks.

Was the lawyer trying to find a way to have it removed from the other's contracts?

HeatWare
dfuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
darkswordsman17
Lifer

That's a bummer man.
darkswordsman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
darkewaffle
Diamond Member

As a kid I always thought it was "Sike!"
Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
SMOGZINN
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutHouse View Post
15 minutes later she calls me and found my file. turns out the developer i bought my house from way back in 1997 had some typos on the deeds. some said EXCEPT MINERAL RIGHTS and some did not. that was the issue some property sold did not have that exclusion of mineral rights, so my file was sitting on the lawyers desk and is why she could not find it. DAMN! so i received the letter in error..

<< going to have a liquid lunch today.
Do you have a copy of that contract? You need to look at it. It does not matter what they WANT the contract to say, it matters what the contract you signed ACTUALLY says. If your contract does not exclude mineral rights, guess what.
"The open society, the unrestricted access to knowledge, the unplanned and uninhibited association of men for its furtherance? These are what may make a vast, complex, ever-growing, ever-changing, ever more specialized and expert technological world nevertheless a world of human community." - J. Robert Oppenheimer
SMOGZINN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Train
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkewaffle View Post
As a kid I always thought it was "Sike!"
lol me too.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Train
Lifer

I don't get it, so are they reopening the oil well? Or is it a well in operation that the royalties from are going unclaimed?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
roguerower
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOGZINN View Post
Do you have a copy of that contract? You need to look at it. It does not matter what they WANT the contract to say, it matters what the contract you signed ACTUALLY says. If your contract does not exclude mineral rights, guess what.
Definitely this. Check that shit, even if you're positive.

Virginia Tech Alumnus '10
GO HOKIES!!!
roguerower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
darkxshade
Lifer

So what would have happened if you kept your mouth shut, signed the papers and mailed it in?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
OutHouse
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train View Post
I don't get it, so are they reopening the oil well? Or is it a well in operation that the royalties from are going unclaimed?
royalties going unclaimed and is why this firm was on a owner hunt. all royalties were put in a "suspended" status until the owners could be found and notifed by mailing them the Divisional order and W-9.

"Going to McDonalds for a salad is like asking a prostitute for a hug." Sean Fallon

Last edited by OutHouse; 08-13-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
OutHouse
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxshade View Post
So what would have happened if you kept your mouth shut, signed the papers and mailed it in?
nothing. my file was on the lawyers desk because it was flagged due to the excluded mineral rights.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
OutHouse
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOGZINN View Post
yes i have my house contract filed at home it says mineral rights excluded.

That is why i called her the second time to find out HOW my name came up saying i owned the mineral rights.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #14
MrColin
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxshade View Post
My thoughts exactly.

-Xionide
MrColin is offline   Reply With Quote