UP government orders all malls, shops to shut at 7pm
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #52
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseNSquirrel View Post
You a funny guy Incorruptible.
Thank you, I know I am, Hopefully the outage lasts longer to teach them a lesson
Incorruptible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #53
Braznor
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incorruptible View Post
Thank you, I know I am, Hopefully the outage lasts longer to teach them a lesson

Can you tell me why you want Indians to suffer?

---- Frank Herbert, Dune.
Braznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #54
BlahBlahYouToo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braznor View Post
Because you're Indian.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #55
werepossum
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
Interesting article, thanks. Seems to me that if power theft has indeed reached 40%, the Indian government is solving the wrong problem. Why conserve if you're stealing the power? Perhaps a partial answer would be more policing of theft and, when theft is found, simply switching that area out of the grid until they can get someone out to remove the illegal wiring. Perhaps in a few days. I suspect that after a couple multi-day outages due to theft, Indians would be eager to report anyone illegally tying into the lines.

This also points out how much India could benefit from point-of-use solar. Like American power companies, India's peak periods are hot mid-afternoons. Point-of-use solar would be feeding back into the grid during the hottest, high demand periods, reducing the strain on the grids and also conserving coal stocks for use after effective solar periods. Assuming the solar panels aren't stolen, of course.
guys go ahead and keep on using 25% of the world's energy - Barack Hussein Obama
werepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #56
Braznor
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahBlahYouToo View Post
Because you're Indian.
How about you die of a heart attack because you are fat?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #57
DominionSeraph
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerGuy View Post
Actually, it would. The market solves EVERY problem, but as a society we don't always like how it solves it
Every market type solves every problem to that level. Basically all you said is, "Reality exists." Wow, that's impressive. Not.

"P&N: Not Quite as Bad as Stormfront"
DominionSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #58
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Teach them a lesson for stealing jobs, as well they have lots of corruption and honor killings and consume too much resources and pollution
Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #59
Raghu

Quote:
Originally Posted by werepossum View Post
Interesting article, thanks. Seems to me that if power theft has indeed reached 40%, the Indian government is solving the wrong problem. Why conserve if you're stealing the power? Perhaps a partial answer would be more policing of theft and, when theft is found, simply switching that area out of the grid until they can get someone out to remove the illegal wiring. Perhaps in a few days. I suspect that after a couple multi-day outages due to theft, Indians would be eager to report anyone illegally tying into the lines.

This also points out how much India could benefit from point-of-use solar. Like American power companies, India's peak periods are hot mid-afternoons. Point-of-use solar would be feeding back into the grid during the hottest, high demand periods, reducing the strain on the grids and also conserving coal stocks for use after effective solar periods. Assuming the solar panels aren't stolen, of course.
Policing doesnt work , because of vote-bank politics - especially in rural areas. If 40% of your voters are poor and thieves, the politicians will support them to stay in office.

Rooftop solar will be a wonderful solution. There are some weak signs of some state govts going in that direction, but nothing yet. I think net metering is all that is needed to make it happen. The current electricity meters are greedy.

Progress in power generation is being made in almost every other state outside North India. Large turbine wind power is very well utilised in some of the states (TamilNadu, Gujarat). Very erratic and unpredictable though. Gujarat also commissioned a 600MW solar PV power plant last month. Some portions built on top of a irrigation canal, also reduces water evaporation.

Peak electricity rates I pay are ~US$0.12/kWh. Industrial costumers pay ~US$0.14/kWh, with no guarantee of continuous supply or quality of power. This is comparable to some of the costliest rates in US, in a country with order of magnitude lower per capita income.

Heres another interesting article

Ambani, Tata ‘Islands’ Shrug Off Grid Collapse
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #60
werepossum
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu View Post
Policing doesnt work , because of vote-bank politics - especially in rural areas. If 40% of your voters are poor and thieves, the politicians will support them to stay in office.

Rooftop solar will be a wonderful solution. There are some weak signs of some state govts going in that direction, but nothing yet. I think net metering is all that is needed to make it happen. The current electricity meters are greedy.

Progress in power generation is being made in almost every other state outside North India. Large turbine wind power is very well utilised in some of the states (TamilNadu, Gujarat). Very erratic and unpredictable though. Gujarat also commissioned a 600MW solar PV power plant last month. Some portions built on top of a irrigation canal, also reduces water evaporation.

Peak electricity rates I pay are ~US$0.12/kWh. Industrial costumers pay ~US$0.14/kWh, with no guarantee of continuous supply or quality of power. This is comparable to some of the costliest rates in US, in a country with order of magnitude lower per capita income.

Heres another interesting article

Ambani, Tata ‘Islands’ Shrug Off Grid Collapse
Interesting articles, thanks. Power generation is not normally an area where we see a trend toward private sector, point of use generation. National grids are ideally tools to maximize power dependability, but it looks like India may be better off separating regions completely to force regions with high rates of theft to stand on their own. The utilities would be much better off strictly enforcing against theft and subsidizing the poor (who would then be incented to conserve), but if it can't be done politically, the only practical choice is to cut them loose. Goes to show though how important is cheap energy; we all need it, but especially poor nations that wish to not be poor.

Ordinarily I'd be against covering canals as you switch from a plant-based reductive ecosystem to a bacteria-based reductive ecosystem. But as it's irrigation water, it might be just as well to deliver water higher in nitrogen compounds, as long as enough macrolife thrives to police the mosquito larva.

Interesting to be discussing solar with one whose tag is Raghu - greatest emperor of the Solar Dynasty.
guys go ahead and keep on using 25% of the world's energy - Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by werepossum; 08-06-2012 at 09:10 AM.
werepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #61
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member

Quote:
Teach them a lesson for stealing jobs, as well they have lots of corruption and honor killings and consume too much resources and pollution

Please explain how they are stealing our jobs?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #62
Braznor
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Teach them a lesson for stealing jobs,
Thats a problem with the western business model. Not India. Your companies outsourced the jobs, we didn't invade and take them.

Quote:
as well they have lots of corruption and honor killings
This is none of your business and especially even less when you want us to suffer for the same. Honor killings is not your business either, it is our problem and we will solve it with education. Again none of your business.

Quote:
and consume too much resources and pollution
Dude, seriously wtf?

Please tell me you are not republican and is just playing one online to discredit them with your stupidity. Is the Republican party full of POS like you? No wonder they are sliding.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #63
ZaneNBK
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerGuy View Post
Clearly you lack even a basic understanding of the concepts you're posting about. Perhaps when you're able to complete 7th grade concepts you could revisit.
I think he's more Moose than Squirrel. How unfortunate.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #64
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Thats a problem with the western business model. Not India. Your companies outsourced the jobs, we didn't invade and take them.

This is none of your business and especially even less when you want us to suffer for the same. Honor killings is not your business either, it is our problem and we will solve it with education. Again none of your business.

Dude, seriously wtf?

Please tell me you are not republican and is just playing one online to discredit them with your stupidity. Is the Republican party full of POS like you? No wonder they are sliding.
So innocent women being slaughtered is none of my business

All you did was justify each of my claims
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #65
Braznor
Diamond Member

Quote:
So innocent women being slaughtered is none of my business

All you did was justify each of my claims
As long as this happens in India, it is my problem.

If this happens in your nation, then it is your problem. Hang them all. I never said anything more than this. I would do the same. This is the only issue of any relevance in your post.

As for your rest of the 'justifications' eeer what and where?

Did you type them with invisible pixels? Where the fuck are they?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #66
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
As long as this happens in India, it is my problem.

If this happens in your nation, then it is your problem. Hang them all. I never said anything more than this. I would do the same. This is the only issue of any relevance in your post.

As for your rest of the 'justifications' eeer what and where?

Did you type them with invisible pixels? Where the fuck are they?
No, as long as innocent people are being killed its my problem.

It seems like your trying to defend what that country is doing by stealing jobs and killing women since you didn't agree with me.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #67
EagleKeeper
Discussion Club Moderator
Elite Member

Quote:

It seems like your trying to defend what that country is doing by stealing jobs and killing women since you didn't agree with me.
You still have not demonstrated where/how they (Indians) are stealing jobs.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #68
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleKeeper View Post
You still have not demonstrated where/how they (Indians) are stealing jobs.
Not stealing but taking jobs with outsourcing
Old 08-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #69
hal2kilo
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druidx View Post
Already the worst traffic problems is the world. Now times 2 with countless trains stalled across roadways and no working traffic lights.

After seeing the Discovery program about the IRT's that went over there to drive on their roads, you'd have to be insane or have death wish to drive in India.

Go Mariners!

Love my new Grande Cherokee Eco-Diesel
hal2kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #70
hal2kilo
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not stealing but taking jobs with outsourcing
OK, bub, now that we established that they are not stealing them, how are they taking them?

Go Mariners!

Love my new Grande Cherokee Eco-Diesel
hal2kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #71
Incorruptible
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2kilo View Post
OK, bub, now that we established that they are not stealing them, how are they taking them?
Taking them with outsourcing, either way American jobs are gone to India and for this India must suffer with this power outage
Old 08-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #72
xAlias

Quote:
Taking them with outsourcing, either way American jobs are gone to India and for this India must suffer with this power outage
You do realize that outsourcing is done/decided by an American company/Americans in the first place? Its not like Indians are invading and taking over the jobs at gunpoint.

And if it not India, it could be some other country like Bangladesh or China?
xAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #73
chucky2
Diamond Member

I keep telling you this is an alt, and you guys keep replying to it. I cannot understand why you all keep doing this, it's painful to see the thread keep being brought up by someone keeping it alive alt'ing...
Old 08-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #74
Braznor
Diamond Member

Quote:

Oh, shall I preach how evil Americans kill sikh minorities? Point out where I said I support killing of women. You are a serious dumbfuck, sorry.

You are a moron therefore I didn't agree with you. You are using innocent women as an excuse for a moron comment and you still haven't explained how all Indians suffering will help all those innocent Indian women you care so much about.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #75
Braznor
Diamond Member

I know how tough women have in India. I worked for a woman's organization as a fund raiser myself in the past. You need not exploit that angle. Thats not your business.

Saying all Americans are racist because one idiot went on a rampage is as stupid as calling me as an oppressor of women just because I'm one out of one billion Indians.

This guy can't possibly be this stupid.

Last edited by Braznor; 08-08-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Tags
india, outage, power