· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
micrometers
Diamond Member

Default My Blog Post: Liberals are more accomplished than Conservatives

For a very simple reason: conservatives focus on resentment of fellow citizens, which is how you become burned out.

If you're busy resenting school teachers, people on food stamps, and illegal immigrants, you're going to become burned out.

Liberals tend to focus resentment on the upper echelons of society, like the people who run Citigroup.

That is non-specific. It is also the *right* thing to do since the people at the top have the power to make the world a better place, while the people at the bottom do not have the power.

So basically a conservative will listen to Rush Limbaugh and think about how all of these people he sees on the street are ruining america. A liberal will listen to Rachel Maddow and think about how America needs to be made better on a whole. Latter is more positive, ultimately, and that is the mindset needed to accomplish.

Note: this forum is not your personal blog space. If you want to blog then please create a blog and add a link to it in your sig.

If you wish to debate a specific subject matter within the P&N community then you are expected to employ reasonable thread titles (not declarations of unproven rhetoric) and back up your assertions in the OP by way of citing 3rd party links and resources.

Since this is a blog thread, and blog threads are not allowed, this thread is now closed.

Administrator Idontcare

Last edited by Idontcare; 06-18-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
DaveSimmons
Elite Member

More accomplished at trolling?

These "my team is more X / better than yours at Y" threads generally are, even when they're based on a slanted interpretation of a dubious study instead of unsupported philosophizing.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimmons View Post
More accomplished at trolling?.
As if anyone could compete with a cybrstooge...

H. L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
MovingTarget
Diamond Member

Accomplished at what, exactly?

/lawnchair+popcorn
Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Tom
Lifer

Conservative has become as meaningless as liberal.

Real conservatives don't believe in government control of social issues, that's supposed to happen in the home and church.

What social conservatives really are are authoritarians who want to force their morality on everyone.

And anyone who's not a Mormon ought to try living in a small town in Utah to see what its like.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingTarget View Post
Accomplished at what, exactly?

/lawnchair+popcorn
From his OP, karmy appears to believe Liberals are better at deciding which groups should be more resented, though I'm unclear as to how that translates into "accomplishment".

H. L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Baptismbyfire

Once again, black and white thinking that prevents any serious political discussion from ever taking place.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
Hayabusa Rider
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baptismbyfire View Post
Once again, black and white thinking that prevents any serious political discussion from ever taking place.
But at least we know what this thinking is worth and that's nothing.

"I object to you. I object to intellect without discipline; I object to power without constructive purpose."
Old 06-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Conservative has become as meaningless as liberal.

Real conservatives don't believe in government control of social issues, that's supposed to happen in the home and church.

What social conservatives really are are authoritarians who want to force their morality on everyone.

And anyone who's not a Mormon ought to try living in a small town in Utah to see what its like.
The problem is that home and church have been destroyed and/or lost the power. So someone has to step into the void.

And to quote Christine O'Donnell, Republican candidate for Senate and former witch:
Quote:
Dig a little deeper into her past record, however, and one gets the sense that O'Donnell's legislative outlook is basically scripted by her social and religious views. In a C-SPAN appearance the Huffington Post unearthed from December 1996, the Delaware Republican said it was a "misconception that you, quote unquote, can't legislate morality."

"The reality of that statement is that if you don't legislate one morality then you are legislating somebody else's morality," she said. "So you can't get around legislating morality."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_719201.html
Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
cybrsage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJoe View Post
As if anyone could compete with a cybrstooge...
Oh Hai! It is Mr LOSER! Welcome back to the show, CallMeALoser!

But moving past LOSER's idiocy, we also see the OP did not bother to actually show what liberals are more accomplished at. Using his post and LOSER's posts as guides, I would say they are highly accomlished at fail.

Last edited by cybrsage; 06-15-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
Oh Hai! It is Mr LOSER! Welcome back to the show, CallMeALoser!
The famous cybrstooge wit on display again!
Quote:
But moving past LOSER's idiocy, we also see the OP did not bother to actually show what liberals are more accomplished at. Using his post and LOSER's posts as guides, I would say they are highly accomlished at fail.
You should recognize your specialty...

H. L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
cybrsage
Banned

two characters
Old 06-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #13
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
...CallMeALoser...
My apologies for not fulfilling your request sooner:

cybrsage is a Loser!

H. L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #14
micrometers
Diamond Member

Quote:
From his OP, karmy appears to believe Liberals are better at deciding which groups should be more resented, though I'm unclear as to how that translates into "accomplishment".
liberals put pressure on those at the top of society to make things better.

Conservatives, in an effort to deflect, often end up castigating those at the bottom of society as deserving their fates.

This can turn habitual and nasty. Look at how Rush Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke.

When liberals get nasty, they say awful things about the person in power and the rich in society. That's okay because the rich can bear it.

When conservatives get nasty they pick on those on the bottom. Which is textbook bullying.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #15
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmypolitics View Post

Conservatives, in an effort to deflect, often end up castigating those at the bottom of society as deserving their fates.

This can turn habitual and nasty. Look at how Rush Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke.
Sandra Fluke was not some innocent victim. She is a professional activist who decided to stir up shit and then cried when she got some on her

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...57HR_blog.html
Quote:
Fluke came to Georgetown University interested in contraceptive coverage: She researched the Jesuit college’s health plans for students before enrolling, and found that birth control was not included. “I decided I was absolutely not willing to compromise the quality of my education in exchange for my health care,” says Fluke, who has spent the past three years lobbying the administration to change its policy on the issue. The issue got the university president’s office last spring, where Georgetown declined to change its policy.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #16
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
When liberals get nasty, they say awful things about the person in power and the rich in society. That's okay because the rich can bear it.
When conservatives get nasty they pick on those on the bottom. Which is textbook bullying.
Again, a reasonably cogent explanation of why you agree more with Liberals than with Conservatives on this issue, but I'm still not clear on how this translates into "accomplishment".

H. L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #17
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehalem256 View Post
Sandra Fluke was not some innocent victim. She is a professional activist who decided to stir up shit and then cried when she got some on her
Are we to infer from this post that you consider all political activists "Sluts"?

H. L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #18
micrometers
Diamond Member

Quote:
Again, a reasonably cogent explanation of why you agree more with Liberals than with Conservatives on this issue, but I'm still not clear on how this translates into "accomplishment".
Simple. The hatred against those on the bottom for any moral failings that they possess is more pernicious and ultimately destructive.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #19
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
accomplished
Adjective:
highly skilled; expert.
having all the social graces, manners, and other attainments of polite society.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

H. L. Mencken
Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #20
michal1980
Diamond Member

liberals hate success and want to punish it.

liberals focus every ounce of engery trying to figure out how to take more and more from the rich, and give more and more to whatever special interest puppy they want to play with today.

liberals think everyone is too stupid to know whats best for them, and that they have all the answers.

The answer is always make the rich poorer, and the poor more depedant on them. it must be exhuasting.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

nm

H. L. Mencken

Last edited by CallMeJoe; 06-15-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #22
JD50
Lifer

Quote:
For a very simple reason: conservatives focus on resentment of fellow citizens, which is how you become burned out.
What a bunch of bullshit. Liberals do the same thing.
This game will not be close. The Broncos are going to obliterate the Ravens. If any of you have misgiving's of the opposite happening, I can promise you your football knowledge is infinitely inferior to mine, regardless of my bias.
Baltimore 38
Denver 35
Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #23
Doc Savage Fan
Diamond Member

OP please link support for your argument or admit that you are an idiot.
"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms—it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."
- Albert Einstein
Old 06-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #24
Greenman
Diamond Member

Quote:

If you're busy resenting school teachers, people on food stamps, and illegal immigrants, you're going to become burned out.

Liberals tend to focus resentment on the upper echelons of society, like the people who run Citigroup.

That is non-specific. It is also the *right* thing to do since the people at the top have the power to make the world a better place, while the people at the bottom do not have the power.

So basically a conservative will listen to Rush Limbaugh and think about how all of these people he sees on the street are ruining america. A liberal will listen to Rachel Maddow and think about how America needs to be made better on a whole. Latter is more positive, ultimately, and that is the mindset needed to accomplish.
Tripe, bullshit, self serving pseudo intellectual crap. I could go on, but I'd like to keep my ban to under a week.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #25
nehalem256
Lifer

Quote:
Are we to infer from this post that you consider all political activists "Sluts"?
Only those advocating to have others pay for their sexual activity.
Closed Thread