· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #51
cybrsage
Banned

Who claimed it was, other than you? You are still pretending Obamacare and Romneycare are the same thing. Stop doing that, join reality instead.
cybrsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #52
JKing106
Banned

I see. As stated earlier, you've done nothing but repeat talking points. You have no idea what you're talking about.

From one of Romney's own advisors: "Obamacare & Romneycare Are ‘The Same Fucking Bill’ Says Former Romney Adviser"

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...ey-adviser.php

"Gruber, whose ideas also made up the landmark overhaul of health care in Massachusetts that was overseen by then-governor Mitt Romney"

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/articl...ision-supreme-
JKing106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #53
cybrsage
Banned

They are not the same bill. Romneycare is NOT federal and it does NOT punish the companies (and their employees) for providing good healthcare coverage at low prices.

Will you admit the following?

1. Obamacare punishes companies (and their eimployees) who provide good healthcare at low prices - something Romneycare does not do.
2. States have different powers and rights than the Fed has.

Will you admit these two points?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #54
JKing106
Banned

And yet AGAIN, you ignore anything that does not fit your preconceived notions, and repeat talking points.

NO insurance in this country is "good healthcare at a low cost," unless you're fortunate enough to have money falling out of your ass. Premiums have skyrocketed over the last 20 years, while the coverage has gotten consistently worse. Why the hell do you think the issue of health care keeps popping up every election cycle. The health care system in America is a fucking embarrassment to everyone who doesn't benefit directly from it, or is not an ignorant partisan toad.

Secondly, you keep parroting "State vs Federal powers." Which is really just dog whistle rhetoric from the slave days. FEDERAL SUPERCEDES STATE. The states are not sovereign entities. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, remember?
JKing106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #55
zsdersw
Lifer

I think the delusion that Romney will be the "hope and change" we ended up not getting with Obama is no better or worse than the delusion that Obama would bring "hope and change".

In other words, getting your hopes up for either Obama or Romney is an incredibly stupid thing to do.

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand -Milton Friedman

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
zsdersw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #56
Ninjahedge
Diamond Member

ANYBODY who hoped, or hopes for great "Change" on the election of a president really does not know much about politics.

It is only when that President, or members of his team, step OUTSIDE their bounds and start playing games (war on Terror being a classic example) do things get changed, and often not for the better.

I love the way that people somehow think that the President is King.

Last edited by Ninjahedge; 05-15-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: thing -> think
Ninjahedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #57
werepossum
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdersw View Post
I think the delusion that Romney will be the "hope and change" we ended up not getting with Obama is no better or worse than the delusion that Obama would bring "hope and change".

In other words, getting your hopes up for either Obama or Romney is an incredibly stupid thing to do.
Pretty much this. I think Romney would do a better job on the economy, having experience in and appreciation for capitalism that Obama simply doesn't have. But the President, while powerful, merely steers the boat by pointing where he wants it to go. Capitalism still has to make it move, and Congress still controls the wheel.

Beyond that, outsourcing has so damaged our economy that the roaring recoveries to which we are accustomed are probably over for good.
guys go ahead and keep on using 25% of the world's energy - Barack Hussein Obama
werepossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #58
cybrsage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKing106 View Post
And yet AGAIN, you ignore anything that does not fit your preconceived notions, and repeat talking points.
Wow, you refuse to admit the States and the Fed Gov have different rights and powers under the Constitution. You do this and you STILL expect to be taken seriously?

...Snicker...sorry, could not help myself but to laugh at you.

Quote:
NO insurance in this country is "good healthcare at a low cost," unless you're fortunate enough to have money falling out of your ass. Premiums have skyrocketed over the last 20 years, while the coverage has gotten consistently worse. Why the hell do you think the issue of health care keeps popping up every election cycle. The health care system in America is a fucking embarrassment to everyone who doesn't benefit directly from it, or is not an ignorant partisan toad.
I work for Verizon. My isurance premiums have gone down 4 years in a row and the benefits have stayed the same. They are very good benefits, BCBS.

I cannot help but notice that you also refuse to admit Obamacare is going to punish the companies (and their employees) for giving good quality healthcare at a low cost.

If good healthcare for low cost does not exist (already proven it does, but if I humor you), then why would Obamacare have the punishments included in the law? Why did so many unions scramble to get waivers so they would not be punished by the law?

Quote:
Secondly, you keep parroting "State vs Federal powers." Which is really just dog whistle rhetoric from the slave days. FEDERAL SUPERCEDES STATE. The states are not sovereign entities. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, remember?
You have never heard of the 10th Amendment? I am surprised, as most people refer to it as part of the Bill of Rights. Let me enlighten you:

Quote:
Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Notes for this amendment:
Proposed 9/25/1789
Ratified 12/15/1791
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am10.html

I am still surprised you have never heard of it. I blame the public school system for failing you once again, you really should have been taught about the Bill of Rights. Maybe you just have not reached that grade level yet? What grade are you in?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #59
cybrsage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdersw View Post

A huge chunk of America bought Obama's Hope and Change line...
Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #60
tweaker2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
And a small chunk of super-funded right wing extremists inside and outside of Congress made it their sworn duty to prevent Obama from making those hopes and dreams come true and then have the gall to point to Obama and say what a failure he is.

And wouldn't you know, this simple vicious scam works so well on the simple and vicious minded.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #61
First
Diamond Member

Quote:
True, democracy was brought to an area of the world which refused to embrace it. This started a firestorm of democratic movements throughout the region.

That is definately great for the world.
lol troll.
First is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #62
LOL_Wut_Axel
Diamond Member

Notsureifserious.jpg

Romney has no chance of winning. I can admit that, and I don't even like Obama.
Core i7-3770K | ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB | HIS Radeon HD 7950 IceQ X, EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 | Corsair TX750 V2 | Corsair Carbide 400R

Phenom II X6 1100T | Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 | Samsung 840 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB | EVGA GeForce GTX 570 | 8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 | Antec NEO ECO 620C | SilverStone TJ08-E
LOL_Wut_Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #63
cybrsage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker2 View Post
And a small chunk of super-funded right wing extremists inside and outside of Congress made it their sworn duty to prevent Obama from making those hopes and dreams come true and then have the gall to point to Obama and say what a failure he is.

And wouldn't you know, this simple vicious scam works so well on the simple and vicious minded.
Wait...there was a conspiracy which prevented him from letting us see the bills for a few days before he signed them? Man, those illuminati are pretty amazing people.

Or maybe you are just butt hurt because you fall into the category of those who actually believed Obama's Hope and Change lie.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #64
cybrsage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by First View Post
lol troll.
I am saddened you think someone saying democracy is good for the world is trolling. It saddens me you hate democracy that much.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #65
YoungGun21
Platinum Member

LOLOLOLOL at people in Portugal who care more about our leader than their own.
YoungGun21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #66
First
Diamond Member

Quote:
I am saddened by my trolling
What a sad revelation.
First is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #67
Icepick
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post
Notsureifserious.jpg

Romney has no chance of winning. I can admit that, and I don't even like Obama.
Romney has a very good chance of winning.
Icepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #68
lotus503
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzan View Post
Actually what Romney will do is fire most of the American citizens, keep the illegals for cheap labor, overload the country with even more debt, than just when the time is right sell the country for a profit.

It's what Mittens does best.
Bingo!

His strong suit is divesting. Rich power holders are looking to the USA to be a cheap labor pool for emerging Chinese and Indian middle class.

We have outlived our consumeristic lifespan it's on the greener pastures.
128gb Crucial M4, 256gb Samsung 830
Mix match of 2tb and 1.5tb hdds for just over 40tb
Windows server 2008 r2 running hyper v & FlexRaid
lotus503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #69
LOL_Wut_Axel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
Romney has a very good chance of winning.
No. No, he does not. Unless you're delusional, of course.

For one, he's not a great speaker and doesn't motivate the conservative base much and two, moderate conservatives to moderates wouldn't vote for him anyway.

It's a non-start, really, and I say this as someone who thinks Obama is mediocre at best.
Core i7-3770K | ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB | HIS Radeon HD 7950 IceQ X, EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 | Corsair TX750 V2 | Corsair Carbide 400R

Phenom II X6 1100T | Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 | Samsung 840 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB | EVGA GeForce GTX 570 | 8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 | Antec NEO ECO 620C | SilverStone TJ08-E
LOL_Wut_Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #70
OutHouse
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
I love the way that people somehow thing that the President is King.
quoted for truth

"Going to McDonalds for a salad is like asking a prostitute for a hug." Sean Fallon

my post are being monitored by a STALKER!
OutHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #71
cybrsage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by First View Post
What a sad revelation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontcare
2. No intentional misquoting with the intent to alter a member's quote as a means to insult said member.
(rule emplaced by moderators)
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2227538

You may apologize at any moment and remove your violation.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #72
cybrsage
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun21 View Post
LOLOLOLOL at people in Portugal who care more about our leader than their own.
To be fair, our leader is more important than theirs.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #73
zsdersw
Lifer

Quote:
... and some are also buying Romney with the same feeling that drove them to buy Obama's hope and change line.

No one should be buying any politician's sensational claims.

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand -Milton Friedman

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
zsdersw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #74
Ninjahedge
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Wut_Axel View Post
No. No, he does not. Unless you're delusional, of course.

For one, he's not a great speaker and doesn't motivate the conservative base much and two, moderate conservatives to moderates wouldn't vote for him anyway.

It's a non-start, really, and I say this as someone who thinks Obama is mediocre at best.
And he's Mormon.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.... [/Seinfeld]
Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #75
CallMeJoe
Diamond Member

Quote:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2227538

You may apologize at any moment and remove your violation.
1) Are you certain First intended to insult you? He may have considered that a legitimate interpretation of your post.

2) Are you equally aware of this rule when you appear to violate it?

H. L. Mencken
CallMeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote