· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #26
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFIELDTRASH View Post
Me too. If the Mavs pull off an upset of the Thunder the Nuggets are a much easier opponent than the Lakers.
The Thunder easier than the Lakers? You are so off the mark. They are by far the best team out of the West.

The Nuggets would also be able to take the Mavs IMO, although yes we might be theoretically a better match up than the Lakers

Gaming Computer - i5 - 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 | MSI GTX 480 | Win7 x64
AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
OILFIELDTRASH
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
The Thunder easier than the Lakers? You are so off the mark. They are by far the best team out of the West.

The Nuggets would also be able to take the Mavs IMO, although yes we might be theoretically a better match up than the Lakers
For the mavs honestly I'd rather see OKC than the Lakers. Dallas just doesn't have the size to deal with the Lakers. They have played the Thunder tough all year and basically been blown out vs the Lakers.

As far as Denver goes Mavs would take that series easily. Maybe you heard about this German dude? He's pretty good.
OILFIELDTRASH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
For the mavs honestly I'd rather see OKC than the Lakers. Dallas just doesn't have the size to deal with the Lakers. They have played the Thunder tough all year and basically been blown out vs the Lakers.

As far as Denver goes Mavs would take that series easily. Maybe you heard about this German dude? He's pretty good.
He's old, our Italian could take him. If we match up, I wouldn't have a problem laying down a significant sum that the Nuggets would take the Mavs easily. Like in 5 games easy.

They'll never get past the first round though, so it's all for naught.

Gaming Computer - i5 - 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 | MSI GTX 480 | Win7 x64
Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #29
OILFIELDTRASH
Lifer

Quote:
He's old, our Italian could take him. If we match up, I wouldn't have a problem laying down a significant sum that the Nuggets would take the Mavs easily. Like in 5 games easy.

Serious question? How is Andre Miller still playing? I mean at his best he was an avg point guard. And now nearing 40 I can only imagine how painful it is to watch him. Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #30
cheezy321
Diamond Member

This year is the Thunders year. They will win it all. mark my words

The biggest problem with America is not faceless corporate forces; the biggest problem with America is people who blame faceless corporate forces instead of accepting accountability for their own lives. - Chuck Klosterman
cheezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #31
dougp
Diamond Member

Quote:

No, they're not. If there's anyone who will "upset" in the West though, it's going to be the Nuggets. Though, I'd like to see the Thunder play the Lakers because I want someone to hurt MWP, but I'd also like to see the Nuggets succeed with Gallinari.

Quote:
Serious question? How is Andre Miller still playing? I mean at his best he was an avg point guard. And now nearing 40 I can only imagine how painful it is to watch him. Maybe I'm missing something?
He's 36 and he's a back up now - actually, one hell of a back up (if not a bit overpaid for that position.)
dougp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #32
bigpimpatl

call me crazy, but the Celtics have a deep run left in them. They have all the pieces to win a ship, and they play like a real team.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #33
bigpimpatl

Quote:

lol the nuggets taking out the defending champs in 5? well, at least you're a good fan.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #34
Red Storm
Lifer

This is the playoffs, so the regular season stats/numbers don't matter. The games slow down (advantage: defensive teams), refs are more lenient (advantage: defensive teams). It's all about match ups (see: last year's Spurs, the top seed, losing to 8th place Memphis and many didn't even consider it all that big of an upset). In the West I think it'll be:

Thunder vs Lakers

Spurs vs Grizzlies

Either of those series is tough to call IMHO. I'd say Lakers and Spurs advance. In the East:

Bulls vs Pacers

Heat vs Celtics

Bulls will beat the Pacers, and I have this strange feeling that the Celtics can and will beat Miami. For some reason I just don't see Chicago beating either Miami or Boston in the conference finals.

So that leaves us with a Lakers/Celtics finale. One more for the rivalry (note: this prediction is running on a big tank of hope)!

Last edited by Red Storm; 04-26-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Red Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #35
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpimpatl View Post
lol the nuggets taking out the defending champs in 5? well, at least you're a good fan.
They're not even close to the same team. And it won't matter because the Mavs will get beat in the first round, and the Nuggets might as well. But here's hoping they don't because they would pwn the Mavs. Its about the only team in the playoffs that I wouldn't hesitate to say the Nuggets would definitively beat

Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #36
Red Storm
Lifer

Quote:
They're not even close to the same team. And it won't matter because the Mavs will get beat in the first round, and the Nuggets might as well. But here's hoping they don't because they would pwn the Mavs. Its about the only team in the playoffs that I wouldn't hesitate to say the Nuggets would definitively beat
Yeah Dallas is the worst team in the west. If they still had Tyson and JJ, they'd be front runners.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #37
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Storm View Post
Yeah Dallas is the worst team in the west. If they still had Tyson and JJ, they'd be front runners.
Chandler being the bigger piece of the two. Watching the Mavs this year, his absence is so apparent its crazy

Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #38
dougp
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Storm View Post
I would consider the Jazz the worst out of the playoff teams in the West - not Dallas. But they are close ...
Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
Red Storm
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougp View Post
I would consider the Jazz the worst out of the playoff teams in the West - not Dallas. But they are close ...
Oh, I completely forgot about the Jazz lol!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #40
OILFIELDTRASH
Lifer

I still have the mavs > nuggets, jazz, memphis

Counts for something when a team has the best player in the western conference. And yes Dirk is the best player in the west.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
OILFIELDTRASH
Lifer

Quote:
Chandler being the bigger piece of the two. Watching the Mavs this year, his absence is so apparent its crazy
Crazy as a team without a superstar being a contender? Wink* Denver * Wink
Old 04-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #42
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:

Counts for something when a team has the best player in the western conference. And yes Dirk is the best player in the west.
Well then you're clearly the homer here, not me.

I don't think the Nuggets would beat Memphis, but they would wipe the floor with the Mavs. They would be struggling for oxygen in the games in Denver.

I don't see the Nuggets getting past the second round at all, unless of course they play the Mavs, in which case they will

Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #43
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
We could have one in the making, our team is too young for it to be known. Ty Lawson could be as good as any PG in the league. And Galinari has the potential to be every bit of the superstar that Dirk is. That guy wasn't even that good until late in his career so get over yourself.

You're just mad because your team is geriatric and you know it.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #44
OILFIELDTRASH
Lifer

Quote:
Well then you're clearly the homer here, not me.

I don't think the Nuggets would beat Memphis, but they would wipe the floor with the Mavs. They would be struggling for oxygen in the games in Denver.

I don't see the Nuggets getting past the second round at all, unless of course they play the Mavs, in which case they will
Maybe I am a homer. But really the mavs have not approached this regular season all out. Dirk and Kidd have basically played with a cap on their minutes. Didn't matter the score or situation when it was time for Dirk or Kidd to sit they sat. The mavs have another gear they can find. A lot of these teams don't.

There's a very good chance that both Dallas and Denver lose in the first. Dallas will go at least 6 or 7 and I don't see the nuggets going past 5.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #45
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
Maybe I am a homer. But really the mavs have not approached this regular season all out. Dirk and Kidd have basically played with a cap on their minutes. Didn't matter the score or situation when it was time for Dirk or Kidd to sit they sat. The mavs have another gear they can find. A lot of these teams don't.

There's a very good chance that both Dallas and Denver lose in the first. Dallas will go at least 6 or 7 and I don't see the nuggets going past 5.
LOL. We'll see my friend.

I would love to put some money on it.

You better be in here after Dallas gets swept in the first round

CAVEAT: If the Mavs face OKC I mean, which can change - I think they lose in 4-5 games

Nuggets will go 6 or 7, so it will be the other way around than what you're saying.

We'll see

Old 04-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #46
dougp
Diamond Member

Quote:

Uh, Memphis would beat the Mavs in a series. Dallas no longer has the long front court that can bang with Randolph and Gasol, nor do they have perimeter players who can contain Mayo and Gay. And relying on Kidd to defend their ridiculously fast PG? Yah right. The Grizzlies are 2-1 against the Mavs, and the loss came on the 3rd night of a B2B2B.

Quite frankly, the Mavs look exactly like the Spurs did last year. They might surprise everyone with some gristle, but don't expect something big. As for Dirk being the best player in the West? Hardly - Durant holds that over him, and by quite a bit right now.

Quote:
Denver has stars - especially in the making, with Ty Lawson and Gallinari.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #47
OILFIELDTRASH
Lifer

Quote:
We could have one in the making, our team is too young for it to be known. Ty Lawson could be as good as any PG in the league. And Galinari has the potential to be every bit of the superstar that Dirk is. That guy wasn't even that good until late in his career so get over yourself.

You're just mad because your team is geriatric and you know it.
Galinari good as Dirk? Kidding I hope. Dirk was drafted in 98 and had them winning a playoff series in 00. I don't need to get into last years epic championship run as I'm sure you witnessed the greatness yourself. Dirk has redefined the power forward position. How many big men do you see that shoot? You name the top 5 power forwards of all time and Dirk is there.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #48
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
Galinari good as Dirk? Kidding I hope. Dirk was drafted in 98 and had them winning a playoff series in 00. I don't need to get into last years epic championship run as I'm sure you witnessed the greatness yourself. Dirk has redefined the power forward position. How many big men do you see that shoot? You name the top 5 power forwards of all time and Dirk is there.
I don't mean he is right now, only that he has the potential to someday be a "star" in the same vein that Dirk is. Personally, I don't think Dirk was a superstar until last year when he carried his team a lot of the time. And I think his time is already over too.

I think Galo can be a semi-super star along the lines of Dirk before last year.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #49
OILFIELDTRASH
Lifer

Quote:
I don't mean he is right now, only that he has the potential to someday be a "star" in the same vein that Dirk is. Personally, I don't think Dirk was a superstar until last year when he carried his team a lot of the time. And I think his time is already over too.

I think Galo can be a semi-super star along the lines of Dirk before last year.
14 points a game.. Don't get me wrong he's a solid player. I like his game a lot. But seriously.. Dirk is a hall of fame player and one of the top five pf to ever play the game. That's like saying Jeremy Lin will be as good as Steve Nash which some on this forum have said. I don't know if you're a casual fan or what?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #50
dougp
Diamond Member

Quote:
14 points a game.. Don't get me wrong he's a solid player. I like his game a lot. But seriously.. Dirk is a hall of fame player and one of the top five pf to ever play the game. That's like saying Jeremy Lin will be as good as Steve Nash which some on this forum have said. I don't know if you're a casual fan or what?
Top 5 PF? Maybe one of the best shooting PFs, but not top 5 PF of all time.

T. Duncan
K. Malone
C. Barkley
K. Garnett
K. McHale

There's a few more players other lists have on them that are older. Just because Dirk is good on offense, doesn't qualify him in the top 5 - the guy still doesn't play defense or rebound at the rate a PF should.

Tags
basketball, go spurs!, luck the fakers, nba, nba playoffs