Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Hardware and Technology > Video Cards and Graphics

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Home and Garden
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Hauk
Platinum Member
 
Hauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Atlanta, USA
Posts: 2,744
Default EVGA 560 Ti 448 Cores Classified "Ultra"

Just noticed this one. It uses nV reference 5xx series PCB/cooler, a superb design IMO. Nicely clocked with vapor chamber cooling. Great card for the money me thinks..

http://www.evga.com/articles/00659/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130758

Last edited by Hauk; 02-20-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Hauk is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
nenforcer
Golden Member
 
nenforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,517
Default

It's a crippled GTX 570, so it should be using the reference 5xx series PCB/cooler.

If I was going to buy that card, I'd pony up a little more cash for the real thing.
__________________
nForcer 2
======
AMD Sempron 3300+ @ 2.2GHz Barton Sock A 512Kb L2
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe nForce 2 MB
Seagate 7200.10 7200 RPM 250GB IDE w/ 8MB Cache Perpendicular
EVGA Geforce 7800GS 256MB AGP 8X
BFGTech Ageia Physx 128MB PPU PCI
1GB (512MBx2) Crucial Ballistix DDR400 4-4-4 Dual Channel
nVidia Soundstorm Dolby Digital Coaxial
Sony CPD-E540 21" CRT Monitor 1600x1200 85Hz VSYNC Off
Windows XP SP3
nenforcer is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
Corporate Thug
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 37,535
Default

$200 480gtx is a better buy IMO.
__________________
AKA Shady06

Member, Official AnandTech Bar Association

Corsair 700D ll i2500k@ 4.5 Ghz ll Asrock z68 gen3 ll Sapphire 7870XT Tahiti @ 1200/1600 ll Corsair A70 ll XFX 650W Black Edition ll 8GB Corsair Vengeance ll Dell 2707 WFP
Corporate Thug is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
nitromullet
Diamond Member
 
nitromullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 8,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenforcer View Post
It's a crippled GTX 570, so it should be using the reference 5xx series PCB/cooler.

If I was going to buy that card, I'd pony up a little more cash for the real thing.
You realize that a GTX 570 is a crippled GTX 580, right?
__________________
PC - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | Intel Core i5-4670K @ 4.0GHz | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Radeon R9 290 Tri-X | Kingston V300 120GB SSD | HGST 2.5" 750GB & 500GB RAID 1 | Corsair AX850 | Lian Li PC-7A | Win 8.1 Pro
MacBook Pro 15" - Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 | MOTU Track 16 | JBL LSR305
Shared I/O - Deck Legend Blue | Logitech G500s | NEC PA271W
Console: Xbox One
nitromullet is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
MrK6
Diamond Member
 
MrK6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

A 6950 is just as fast, cheaper, and has more vRAM. This card is irrelevant.
__________________
My "For Sale" Thread
| Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced with custom water cooling | Seasonic X650 | Core i5-2500K @ 5.0GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2x4096MB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 @ 2134MHz 10-11-10-30 | 256GB Samsung 830 | 2x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 in RAID 1 | Gigabyte HD 7970 @ 1300MHz/1750MHz | Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC |
[6950 -> 7970 Overclocking User Review] [5850 -> 6950 Mini-Review]
MrK6 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
toyota
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: my chair
Posts: 12,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK6 View Post
A 6950 is just as fast, cheaper, and has more vRAM. This card is irrelevant.
it might be irrelevant to you but a gtx560ti 448sp and 6950 2gb are priced about the same and gtx560ti 448sp is faster than the 6950 2gb overall. and not everybody wants an AMD card for whatever reason.
__________________
Win 8.1 64 bit | 4770k@4.4 | Asus Z87 Pro | Asus reference GTX 980 | G.SKILL Ares 16GB DDR3 2133 | Seagate SSHD 2TB | Corsair 500R | Corsair TX650 V2 | Sound Blaster Zx | Gateway 23inch 1920x1080 IPS

Last edited by toyota; 02-21-2012 at 06:41 AM.
toyota is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
Hauk
Platinum Member
 
Hauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Atlanta, USA
Posts: 2,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenforcer View Post
It's a crippled GTX 570, so it should be using the reference 5xx series PCB/cooler.

If I was going to buy that card, I'd pony up a little more cash for the real thing.
[Pretends not to see another "crippled 570" reference]

You say it should be using the reference 5xx series PCB/cooler; well it's the only one using it. Some vendor based designs are great; but the reference design is of the highest quality, making it note worthy when offered at the same price. On grabbing a real 570, many would consider spending the extra coin. But at +90% of 570's performance as it sits, this card is worthy.

What's most interesting is I think it's using a full bore 580 PCB. I've studied pics, looks like a full PWM layout fed by a 6+8 pin array. If I'm correct, that makes it a tank of a card for the money and a potentially good overclocker:

448 ultra:
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...elsix/evga.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...lsix/evga2.jpg

580 PCB/cooler:
http://www.overclockersclub.com/vima...a_gtx580/7.jpg

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeF...ront_small.jpg

http://www.overclockersclub.com/vima...a_gtx580/8.jpg
Hauk is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #8
MrK6
Diamond Member
 
MrK6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
it might be irrelevant to you but a gtx560ti 448sp and 6950 2gb are priced about the same and gtx560ti 448sp is faster than the 6950 2gb overall. and not everybody wants an AMD card for what ever reason.
No, it's not. You're paying $40+ extra for a hotter card with less vRAM. "Not everyone wants an NVIDIA card for whatever reason." If you can't create a good rebuttal, don't bother posting.
__________________
My "For Sale" Thread
| Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced with custom water cooling | Seasonic X650 | Core i5-2500K @ 5.0GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2x4096MB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 @ 2134MHz 10-11-10-30 | 256GB Samsung 830 | 2x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 in RAID 1 | Gigabyte HD 7970 @ 1300MHz/1750MHz | Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC |
[6950 -> 7970 Overclocking User Review] [5850 -> 6950 Mini-Review]
MrK6 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
toyota
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: my chair
Posts: 12,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK6 View Post
No, it's not. You're paying $40+ extra for a hotter card with less vRAM. "Not everyone wants an NVIDIA card for whatever reason." If you can't create a good rebuttal, don't bother posting.
who the hell do you think you are telling people what is irrelevant and whether they can post here? you can get either a gtx560 448sp ti cards for 260 bucks range so get off your AMD high horse. if you are only referring to the exact card as the OP then so what because there are also 6950 2gb cards that cost that much or more. and your extra vram means crap becuase the gtx560ti 448sp is FASTER overall than the 6950 2gb.
__________________
Win 8.1 64 bit | 4770k@4.4 | Asus Z87 Pro | Asus reference GTX 980 | G.SKILL Ares 16GB DDR3 2133 | Seagate SSHD 2TB | Corsair 500R | Corsair TX650 V2 | Sound Blaster Zx | Gateway 23inch 1920x1080 IPS

Last edited by toyota; 02-21-2012 at 06:53 AM.
toyota is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #10
MrK6
Diamond Member
 
MrK6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauk View Post
[Pretends not to see another "crippled 570" reference]

You say it should be using the reference 5xx series PCB/cooler; well it's the only one using it. Some vendor based designs are great; but the reference design is of the highest quality, making it note worthy when offered at the same price. On grabbing a real 570, many would consider spending the extra coin. But at +90% of 570's performance as it sits, this card is worthy.

What's most interesting is I think it's using a full bore 580 PCB. I've studied pics, looks like a full PWM layout fed by a 6+8 pin array. If I'm correct, that makes it a tank of a card for the money and a potentially good overclocker:

448 ultra:
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...elsix/evga.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...lsix/evga2.jpg

580 PCB/cooler:
http://www.overclockersclub.com/vima...a_gtx580/7.jpg

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeF...ront_small.jpg

http://www.overclockersclub.com/vima...a_gtx580/8.jpg
But it's like buying a Mustang with a V6, isn't it? What's the point of having a GTX 580-equivalent PCB if the GPU is refuse in the first place? What's your greatest hope upon getting this card, that you can overclock it to GTX 580 performance? That's my point - 6950 can do the same, for less, with more vRAM, and better power usage numbers. What's the argument to pay $40 more for this card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
who the hell do you think you are telling people what is irrelevant and whether they can post here? you can get either a gtx560 448sp ti cards for 250-260 bucks so get off your AMD high horse. if you are only referring to the exact card as the OP then so what because there are also 6950 2gb cards that cost that much or more. and your extra vram means crap becuase the gtx560ti 448sp is FASTER overall than the 6950 2gb.
If you disagree with a point I made, figure out how to write a proper rebuttal and disprove my point/offer a different perspective. If you can't properly engage in discussion/debate, I'm not going to waste my time with your ad hominem nonsense. I'll offer you the same proposition as I did Hauk - what's the argument for getting this over a 6950 2GB? Or any GTX 560 Ti 448 for that matter? I've already offered my view, all you did was get upset and personally attack me. The cards are virtually identical in performance: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=499 . They trade blows in most games, the exception being Civ V, which has the advantage of MTR for NVIDIA GPUs.
__________________
My "For Sale" Thread
| Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced with custom water cooling | Seasonic X650 | Core i5-2500K @ 5.0GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2x4096MB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 @ 2134MHz 10-11-10-30 | 256GB Samsung 830 | 2x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 in RAID 1 | Gigabyte HD 7970 @ 1300MHz/1750MHz | Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC |
[6950 -> 7970 Overclocking User Review] [5850 -> 6950 Mini-Review]
MrK6 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
toyota
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: my chair
Posts: 12,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK6 View Post
But it's like buying a Mustang with a V6, isn't it? What's the point of having a GTX 580-equivalent PCB if the GPU is refuse in the first place? What's your greatest hope upon getting this card, that you can overclock it to GTX 580 performance? That's my point - 6950 can do the same, for less, with more vRAM, and better power usage numbers. What's the argument to pay $40 more for this card?
If you disagree with a point I made, figure out how to write a proper rebuttal and disprove my point/offer a different perspective. If you can't properly engage in discussion/debate, I'm not going to waste my time with your ad hominem nonsense. I'll offer you the same proposition as I did Hauk - what's the argument for getting this over a 6950 2GB? Or any GTX 560 Ti 448 for that matter? I've already offered my view, all you did was get upset and personally attack me. The cards are virtually identical in performance: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=499 . They trade blows in most games, the exception being Civ V, which has the advantage of MTR for NVIDIA GPUs.
your only view was that the card was irreverent which is ignorant.

FACT: a gtx560ti 448sp and 6950 2gb can be priced within 15 bucks of each other.

FACT: the stock gtx560ti 448sp is slightly faster overall. plus most of the gtx560 ti 448sp come pre overclocked meaning they easily beat the 6950 2gb by 10-15% overall according to techpowerup reviews.

FACT: as I mentioned some people want an Nvidia card for whatever reason. I don't have to explain to you what those reasons are. that's no different than someone wanting an AMD card for whatever reason which is just fine too.

bottom line is that the gtx560ti 448sp offers just as much bang for the buck if not more. so again you popping in here and just saying the card is irrelevant was only a move to stir up crap. I guess you can be proud of yourself since someone took the bait.
__________________
Win 8.1 64 bit | 4770k@4.4 | Asus Z87 Pro | Asus reference GTX 980 | G.SKILL Ares 16GB DDR3 2133 | Seagate SSHD 2TB | Corsair 500R | Corsair TX650 V2 | Sound Blaster Zx | Gateway 23inch 1920x1080 IPS

Last edited by toyota; 02-21-2012 at 07:23 AM.
toyota is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #12
omeds
Senior Member
 
omeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
you are only view was that the card was irreverent which is ignorant.

FACT: a gtx560ti 448sp and 6950 2gb can be priced within 15 bucks of each other.

FACT: the stock gtx560ti 448sp is slightly faster overall. plus most of the gtx560 ti 448sp come pre overclocked meaning they easily beat the 6950 2gb by 10-15% overall according to techpowerup reviews.

FACT: as I mentioned some people want an Nvidia card for whatever reason. I don't have to explain to you what those reasons are. that's no different than someone wanting an AMD card for whatever reason which is just fine too.

bottom line is that the gtx560ti 448sp offers just as much bang for the buck if not more. so again you popping in here and just saying the card is irrelevant was only a move to stir up crap. I guess you can be proud of yourself since someone took the bait.
You left out

FACT: IQ, features & support.

for 560ti 448
omeds is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
MrK6
Diamond Member
 
MrK6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
you are only view was that the card was irreverent which is ignorant.
And you haven't rebutted that, or explained why one would pay $40 more for such a card (and if no one would, then it is quite irrelevant, isn't it?). So then, are you ignorant as well for ignoring the question and going straight for the personal attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
FACT: a gtx560ti 448sp and 6950 2gb can be priced within 15 bucks of each other.
I never argued that there was a price/performance advantage for a 6950 2GB vs. a vanilla GTX 560Ti 448. Is this you, ironically, being irrelevant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
FACT: the stock gtx560ti 448sp is slightly faster overall. plus most of the gtx560 ti 448sp come pre overclocked meaning they easily beat the 6950 2gb by 10-15% overall according to techpowerup reviews.
No it's not, I just clearly linked to a set of benchmarks which show the cards trading blows, so that's incorrect. Furthermore, this is an enthusiast's site, anyone knows how to and can overclock. So once again, you're, ironically, being irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
FACT: as I mentioned some people want an Nvidia card for whatever reason. I don't have to explain to you what those reasons are. that's no different than someone wanting an AMD card for whatever reason which is just fine too.
No, you didn't say any of that, you stated "not everyone wants an AMD card for whatever reason," which is quite different. Does that mean your only disagreement was that I offered an AMD card as an alternative? Funny that that's what irked you the most, interesting to see what your true intentions were here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
bottom line is that the gtx560ti 448sp offers just as much bang for the buck if not more. so again you popping in here and just saying the card is irrelevant was only a move to stir up crap. I guess you can be proud of yourself since someone took the bait.
Bang-for-your-buck is in the eye of the beholder. I've already offered my point of view, to summarize - the 6950 is offering the same performance, with better power usage, and more vRAM, for much less than the card in the OP, and the same or less than a vanilla GTX 560 Ti 448. All you've done is personally attacked me in multiple posts and offered no rebuttal. Who was here to "stir up crap" again?
__________________
My "For Sale" Thread
| Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced with custom water cooling | Seasonic X650 | Core i5-2500K @ 5.0GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2x4096MB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 @ 2134MHz 10-11-10-30 | 256GB Samsung 830 | 2x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 in RAID 1 | Gigabyte HD 7970 @ 1300MHz/1750MHz | Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC |
[6950 -> 7970 Overclocking User Review] [5850 -> 6950 Mini-Review]
MrK6 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
toyota
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: my chair
Posts: 12,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK6 View Post
And you haven't rebutted that, or explained why one would pay $40 more for such a card (and if no one would, then it is quite irrelevant, isn't it?). So then, are you ignorant as well for ignoring the question and going straight for the personal attack?

I never argued that there was a price/performance advantage for a 6950 2GB vs. a vanilla GTX 560Ti 448. Is this you, ironically, being irrelevant?

No it's not, I just clearly linked to a set of benchmarks which show the cards trading blows, so that's incorrect. Furthermore, this is an enthusiast's site, anyone knows how to and can overclock. So once again, you're, ironically, being irrelevant.

No, you didn't say any of that, you stated "not everyone wants an AMD card for whatever reason," which is quite different. Does that mean your only disagreement was that I offered an AMD card as an alternative? Funny that that's what irked you the most, interesting to see what your true intentions were here.

Bang-for-your-buck is in the eye of the beholder. I've already offered my point of view, to summarize - the 6950 is offering the same performance, with better power usage, and more vRAM, for much less than the card in the OP, and the same or less than a vanilla GTX 560 Ti 448. All you've done is personally attacked me in multiple posts and offered no rebuttal. Who was here to "stir up crap" again?
lol so you are going to tell me that the what I said about a review on techpowerup is incorrect because you link to another review from a different site? well here you go Mr. troll. the Zotac gtx560ti 448sp comes clocked at 765 which is only 5% faster than stock and beats the 6950 by 11% at 1920. so that means even a stock gtx560ti 448sp would be slightly faster than a stock 6950 gb. again though MOST gtx560ti 448sp cards already come slightly oced.

and before you say something ignorant about the Zotac being expensive, the point was to show you the performance. there is a $269 EVGA gtx560ti model on newegg that comes clocked at 797. that means for 15 bucks more than the cheapest 6950 2gb card you would have a card that beats it by around 15%.



image hosting jpeg
__________________
Win 8.1 64 bit | 4770k@4.4 | Asus Z87 Pro | Asus reference GTX 980 | G.SKILL Ares 16GB DDR3 2133 | Seagate SSHD 2TB | Corsair 500R | Corsair TX650 V2 | Sound Blaster Zx | Gateway 23inch 1920x1080 IPS

Last edited by toyota; 02-21-2012 at 07:53 AM.
toyota is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
Keysplayr
Elite Member
 
Keysplayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 20,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenforcer View Post
It's a crippled GTX 570, so it should be using the reference 5xx series PCB/cooler.

If I was going to buy that card, I'd pony up a little more cash for the real thing.
Well, what's a GTX570 but a crippled 580?
__________________
Member of Nvidia Focus Group
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time
to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

i5 2500K Asus P-Z68-V/Gen3 GTX980 SLI
Keysplayr is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #16
MrK6
Diamond Member
 
MrK6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
lol so you are going to tell me that the what I said about a review on techpowerup is incorrect because you link to another review from a different site?
Well, this is Anandtech forums, I'd assume we're posting here because we hold their reviews in high regard, but I guess my assumption on your part was incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
well here you go Mr. troll. the Zotac gtx560ti 448sp comes clocked at 765 which is only 5% faster than stock and beats the 6950 by 11% at 1920. so that means even a stock gtx560ti 448sp would be slightly faster than a stock 6950 gb. again though MOST gtx560ti 448sp cards already come slightly oced.
Why didn't you just link to a stock clocked GTX 560 Ti 448? http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...tCU_II/27.html Looks like it's 6% faster at 1200p. Furthermore, do you not understand how average work? For example, Techpowerup uses Civ V in it's suite, where the GTX 560 Ti 448 has a ~50% performance advantage due to MTR. That isn't representative of the average performance of the cards, despite your claiming it to be. But again, nice ad hominem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota View Post
and before you say something ignorant about the Zotac being expensive, the point was to show you the performance. there is a $269 EVGA gtx560ti model on newegg that comes clocked at 797. that means for 15 bucks more than the cheapest 6950 2gb card you would have a card that beats it by around 15%.
So are you insinuating that no one here knows how to overclock a card or just you?
__________________
My "For Sale" Thread
| Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced with custom water cooling | Seasonic X650 | Core i5-2500K @ 5.0GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2x4096MB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 @ 2134MHz 10-11-10-30 | 256GB Samsung 830 | 2x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 in RAID 1 | Gigabyte HD 7970 @ 1300MHz/1750MHz | Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC |
[6950 -> 7970 Overclocking User Review] [5850 -> 6950 Mini-Review]
MrK6 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
Hauk
Platinum Member
 
Hauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Atlanta, USA
Posts: 2,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK6 View Post
But it's like buying a Mustang with a V6, isn't it? What's the point of having a GTX 580-equivalent PCB if the GPU is refuse in the first place? What's your greatest hope upon getting this card, that you can overclock it to GTX 580 performance? That's my point - 6950 can do the same, for less, with more vRAM, and better power usage numbers. What's the argument to pay $40 more for this card?
We've seen some unique labels for 560ti 448; "refuse GPU" is the best yet!

It's fully functional, oc's well, and is available on a full bore GTX 580 PCB for $289. To those not trying to diminish it's value, seems like a nice card [is all I'm sayin]. Others can argue it's value against the competition. Enjoy..
Hauk is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
omeds
Senior Member
 
omeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 605
Default

Personally I'd take a 448 over 6950, each have their strong points though.
omeds is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
MrK6
Diamond Member
 
MrK6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauk View Post
We've seen some unique labels for 560ti 448; "refuse GPU" is the best yet!
Is that not what it is? Companies create these cards to use up the stock of flagship GPU's that couldn't be used otherwise. In this case, you have a GPU that didn't meet specs for a GTX 580 or even a GTX 570, so a new series was created later to turn these stockpiles of unused chips into money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauk View Post
It's fully functional, oc's well, and is available on a full bore GTX 580 PCB for $289. To those not trying to diminish it's value, seems like a nice card [is all I'm sayin]. Others can argue it's value against the competition. Enjoy..
And you didn't answer any of the questions posed, so if your conclusion is "I just like this card" and you're satisfied with it, then I'm satisfied with irrefutably proving that it's a poor value.
__________________
My "For Sale" Thread
| Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced with custom water cooling | Seasonic X650 | Core i5-2500K @ 5.0GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2x4096MB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 @ 2134MHz 10-11-10-30 | 256GB Samsung 830 | 2x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 in RAID 1 | Gigabyte HD 7970 @ 1300MHz/1750MHz | Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC |
[6950 -> 7970 Overclocking User Review] [5850 -> 6950 Mini-Review]
MrK6 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
omeds
Senior Member
 
omeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 605
Default

I'll give you pros of each. Then let people decide for themselves.

6950: 2GB Vram, better multi display support.

GTX560 ti 448: Slightly better performance, Better/more IQ features, More gameplay features, PhysX, superior 3D support, arguably better driver/SLI support.

I'd take the 448 myself even if it is a few bucks more.
omeds is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
Stingercjc
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 44
Default

I own the other EVGA 560 Ti 448 classified. It's a really impressive card. I hit 900/1800/2100 on stock voltage. I can get up to 1Ghz on the core if I have the fan at 75 percent, but that's too loud for me so I run at the above speeds. That basically makes it a GTX 580 with a bit less VRAM.

Is a 6950 2GB a better value? I guess that depends on your perspective and which brand/drivers/etc you prefer. But to all you chuckleheads saying this card is irrelevant. I got GTX 580 levels of performance for half the price.

That is not irrelevant or a poor value and there's no kind of spin you can put on that to make it otherwise.
Stingercjc is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #22
MrK6
Diamond Member
 
MrK6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingercjc View Post
I own the other EVGA 560 Ti 448 classified. It's a really impressive card. I hit 900/1800/2100 on stock voltage. I can get up to 1Ghz on the core if I have the fan at 75 percent, but that's too loud for me so I run at the above speeds. That basically makes it a GTX 580 with a bit less VRAM.

Is a 6950 2GB a better value? I guess that depends on your perspective and which brand/drivers/etc you prefer. But to all you chuckleheads saying this card is irrelevant. I got GTX 580 levels of performance for half the price.

That is not irrelevant or a poor value and there's no kind of spin you can put on that to make it otherwise.
You realize you can unlock and overclock any 6950 2GB and get GTX 580 performance as well, right? And it's still cheaper, will use less power, and have more vRAM than the GTX 560 448. So yes, the GTX 560 Ti 448 is still irrelevant.
__________________
My "For Sale" Thread
| Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced with custom water cooling | Seasonic X650 | Core i5-2500K @ 5.0GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2x4096MB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 @ 2134MHz 10-11-10-30 | 256GB Samsung 830 | 2x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F4 in RAID 1 | Gigabyte HD 7970 @ 1300MHz/1750MHz | Dell 30" 3007WFP-HC |
[6950 -> 7970 Overclocking User Review] [5850 -> 6950 Mini-Review]
MrK6 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #23
toyota
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: my chair
Posts: 12,777
Default

the gtx560ti 448sp is irrelevant according to MrK6 and only his opinion matters. hopefully he can now seek out all of those people that wrongfully bought the gtx560ti 448sp and let them know that AMD should have been the way to go...
__________________
Win 8.1 64 bit | 4770k@4.4 | Asus Z87 Pro | Asus reference GTX 980 | G.SKILL Ares 16GB DDR3 2133 | Seagate SSHD 2TB | Corsair 500R | Corsair TX650 V2 | Sound Blaster Zx | Gateway 23inch 1920x1080 IPS
toyota is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #24
Stingercjc
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK6 View Post
You realize you can unlock and overclock any 6950 2GB and get GTX 580 performance as well, right? And it's still cheaper, will use less power, and have more vRAM than the GTX 560 448. So yes, the GTX 560 Ti 448 is still irrelevant.
Yeah - let me make this simple for you. Newegg - cheapest custom cooler Radeon 6950 2GB is 289.00. That's 10 dollars more than my card cost. I game at 1080p where 2GB VRAM isn't needed.

So I paid less, got similar to possibly better performance and Physx support. What you aren't taking into account is for some people this card is better than the 6950. It may not be the best choice for some(depending on games they play, resolution, etc), but it's not irrelevant and that's the bottom line.

Last edited by Stingercjc; 02-21-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Stingercjc is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
omeds
Senior Member
 
omeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 605
Default

Its not irrelevant at all and many people including myself find the 448 to be the superior card. Performance is not the only metric to value a video card by, but even so, the 448 is generally faster.

You cant even use Transparency AA or SSAA in DX10/11 on the 6950 for starters. No Ambient Occlusion. No neg LOD bias clamp. No physX support. Poor 3D support. Cannot adjust frames to render ahead. Cannot cap fps. Cannot disable vsync without disabling driver signing. Theres 8 advantages right there off the top of my head that can make a game look and play vastly different. Need I go on?

The 6950 on the other hand will provide a better experience for multi display imo. So you have to select which one you want for your purposes..
omeds is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.