The price of this printer has forever been dropped to $149.99, due to the release of the 8600 series of printers. The 8600s (which are better than this) have replaced the 8500s, furthermore when they did this they dropped the price to 199, 299, and 399, while the 8500s had 299, 399, and 499 price.
Because of the price drop you can now see this printer for about $99 on sale. It is a great printer for this price, and getting it for $89.99 is even better.
If you work retail, you can get a great deal with this printer.
1) Find an authorized reseller of this printer and buy the printer for 100.01 or more (the price has to be more than 100.00)
2) Take some quizes on hpinfolab, you accumulate points
3) Convert those points on hpinfolab into a $100.00 mail in rebate (the rebate will not work if the printer costs less than the rebate amount.)
4) As part of the paper work for the rebate you show proof of employement
5) Profit (you can do this once per quarter, aka every 3 months)