Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Politics and News

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals
· Free Stuff
· Contests and Sweepstakes
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #1751
cybrsage
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
LOL ...could you please troll a different thread...fucking moron.
You are caught in a logical inconsistency. You cannot support both positions. Which one are you going to claim you are wrong about, the ability to recall him or him being a dictator?

Come now, man up and admit one of those cannot be true.
cybrsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #1752
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotF Bane View Post
Freely elected? Yes. Ergo not a dictator.

And I'm sure the left isn't pouring in donations of their own.

.
Sorry I got carried away in the heat of the moment....
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #1753
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,149
Default

Here is a great read for the Walker supporters in here...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...oyee-pensions/
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #1754
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monovillage View Post
It's different when Democrat money floods in from out of state, cause it's... umm cause it's ... you know like different....cause it's union money .... and Soros money .... so it's different then bad, evil, nasty Republican kinda money ...... Soros money is like clean and it's green and green is good.
LOL This bullshit has been debunked so many times in here...I guess you missed the memo.
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #1755
michal1980
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
LOL This bullshit has been debunked so many times in here...I guess you missed the memo.
you stating something is debunked does not make it debunked.


Just like you repeating that walker is a dictator over and over does not make it true.


Look at all the outside money going to democrats in recalls as well.

http://www.wisdc.org/pr021012.php
__________________
so many pc's so little space

Last edited by michal1980; 02-10-2012 at 01:54 PM.
michal1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #1756
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal1980 View Post
you stating something is debunked does not make it debunked.


Just like you repeating that walker is a dictator over and over does not make it true.
Just like repeating over and over and over and over Dems are Union thugs aren't true too?
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #1757
michal1980
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
Just like repeating over and over and over and over Dems are Union thugs aren't true too?
If there not they sure operate like thugs.

Massive protests, destruction of property, strong arming to get their own way.
__________________
so many pc's so little space
michal1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #1758
monovillage
Diamond Member
 
monovillage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 8,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
Just like repeating over and over and over and over Dems are Union thugs aren't true too?
I've been in a couple of unions and was working at a place that the union tried to move in on. When I say "union thugs", I mean union thugs Experience is an excellent teacher in terms of violence and intimidation and the unions use violence and intimidation on their members. I've seen it and i've dealt with it.
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1759
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal1980 View Post
If there not they sure operate like thugs.

Massive protests, destruction of property, strong arming to get their own way.
LOL protesting is American as Apple pie is and your claims of strong arming and destruction is a joke.

Right wing lies exposed check it out.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...oyee-pensions/
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young

Last edited by Ausm; 02-10-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #1760
Ausm
Lifer
 
Ausm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Madison,Wi
Posts: 25,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monovillage View Post
I've been in a couple of unions and was working at a place that the union tried to move in on. When I say "union thugs", I mean union thugs Experience is an excellent teacher in terms of violence and intimidation and the unions use violence and intimidation on their members. I've seen it and i've dealt with it.
Then you must had a shit paying job and all Unions aren't the same and the term Union thugs came from the 30's,40's and 50's when the Republicans were on a Jihad to bust Unions back in the day.
Republican's can stand worker rights for some reason...
__________________
It's ok to eat fish, because fish don't have any feelings.

You know your're getting old when MILF'S look young
Ausm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #1761
monovillage
Diamond Member
 
monovillage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 8,445
Default

From the 70's and 80's also, that's when I was running into them and one of the reasons I don't like them.
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #1762
michal1980
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
LOL protesting is American as Apple pie is and your claims of strong arming and destruction is a joke.

Right wing lies exposed check it out.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...oyee-pensions/
your article is a lie.
__________________
so many pc's so little space
michal1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #1763
Bowfinger
Lifer
 
Bowfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 13,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal1980 View Post
your article is a lie.
Right, is that what the Kochs told you? What factual basis do you have for that slur, or do you even pretend to use facts anymore? Are you another Spidey who ignores all evidence and makes his judgements emotionally, based on what he wants to be true?
__________________
If you never encounter anything in your community that offends you, you're not living in a free society.

"An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef Mallett.
Bowfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #1764
XZeroII
Lifer
 
XZeroII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
WTF is that? Oh if I am wrong then show me.
you can't defend your position so you attack my spelling. I salute you, brave sir.
__________________
Add IMO to the end of all my posts

Dilbert Sales Training: A good sale is like a good wedgie, your victim shouldn't see it coming.

"Of course I'm paranoid! Everyone is trying to kill me!"
XZeroII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #1765
XZeroII
Lifer
 
XZeroII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 12,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcowen674 View Post
The back and forth battles have begun.

Republicans will do anything to go against the will of the people.

2-10-2012

http://news.yahoo.com/four-wisconsin...020501632.html

Four Wisconsin Republican lawmakers challenge recall signatures



Four Wisconsin lawmakers targeted for possible recall later this year filed challenges on Thursday to the validity of thousands of signatures gathered to force the special elections, the state's Government Accountability Board said.

In a statement, Fitzgerald cited "a wide range of irregularities, errors and outright falsehoods" in the petitions submitted to force him to defend his seat. He said he planned to challenge 4,300 of the signatures, which could be enough to derail the effort to unseat him.

If the board verifies enough signatures against any of the four senators targeted in this second wave of recalls, it will call a special election that could alter the balance of power in the state Senate, where Republicans hold a 17-16 majority.


Recall petitioners now have five days to rebut the challenges, after which the officeholders will have two days to reply, according to state law.


The Government Accountability Board then has until March 19 to verify the recalls. Until then, the board will review the challenges and continue to review petitions.

Since recall organizers submitted what they said were about 1.9 million total signatures, supporters of the six targeted Republicans have asked volunteers to help comb through the thousands of petition forms posted online.
Quote:
Republicans will do anything to go against the will of the people.
Yes, the will of imaginary people must be observed.

It's already been proven that massive fraud has taken place. There is no disputing this as it happens in EVERY election or petition signing. The question is how much fraud occured.

So you believe that we should never check to find out if there was any fraud when collecting signatures for petitions? This is the only way that I can possibly interpret your response to this article.
__________________
Add IMO to the end of all my posts

Dilbert Sales Training: A good sale is like a good wedgie, your victim shouldn't see it coming.

"Of course I'm paranoid! Everyone is trying to kill me!"
XZeroII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #1766
monovillage
Diamond Member
 
monovillage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 8,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
LOL This bullshit has been debunked so many times in here...I guess you missed the memo.
It's never been debunked because it's all perfectly accurate. Big money is moving into Wisconsin from Soros and other Democrat/union backers. Clueless leftys and Democrats think for some reason that outside money from Republican interests is evil, while outside money from Democrat interests is somehow magically different. It's not btw in case you were wondering.
monovillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #1767
cybrsage
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZeroII View Post
Yes, the will of imaginary people must be observed.

It's already been proven that massive fraud has taken place. There is no disputing this as it happens in EVERY election or petition signing. The question is how much fraud occured.

So you believe that we should never check to find out if there was any fraud when collecting signatures for petitions? This is the only way that I can possibly interpret your response to this article.
Union members have already looked over them and removed all the fake ones. If there are any fake ones found the republicans must have put them in there to try and remove themselves from office.

Duh.
cybrsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #1768
SlowSpyder
Diamond Member
 
SlowSpyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,941
Default

Man, this thread is something. The guy is elected and does what he said he was going to do while running for governor, and now the Dems want a recall because they lost and he's following through on what he said he would do. I think the recall effort if a very vocal minority, I don't believe the recall is what the majority of the state wants.
__________________
Steve
FX 9370 @ 5017MHz (223 x 22.5)/ MSI 990FXA-GD80 / 8GB x 2 ADATA XPG 2400 @ 1784MHz / Radeon 7970 @ 1100/1425MHz / 2 x 160GB Intel 320 SSD's RAID0
SlowSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #1769
tweaker2
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSpyder View Post
Man, this thread is something. The guy is elected and does what he said he was going to do while running for governor, and now the Dems want a recall because they lost and he's following through on what he said he would do. I think the recall effort if a very vocal minority, I don't believe the recall is what the majority of the state wants.
Geeez, where you been lately?

Walker never campaigned on agressively getting rid of/neutering public unions of which he has done with such glee and impatience. Which is the main reason why he is in the process of being recalled. Where do you get such notions? BTW, those questions are rhetorical because the source of your information is comically obvious.
__________________
"Every time you think you weaken the nation." - Moe Howard as spoken to Curly Howard.
tweaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #1770
michal1980
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker2 View Post
Geeez, where you been lately?

Walker never campaigned on agressively getting rid of/neutering public unions of which he has done with such glee and impatience. Which is the main reason why he is in the process of being recalled. Where do you get such notions? BTW, those questions are rhetorical because the source of your information is comically obvious.
Your reponse is equaly comically predictable.

Dont worry, your union puppet candiate for govenor already came out and said she would do whatever her union masters want.
__________________
so many pc's so little space
michal1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #1771
cubby1223
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker2 View Post
Geeez, where you been lately?

Walker never campaigned on agressively getting rid of/neutering public unions of which he has done with such glee and impatience. Which is the main reason why he is in the process of being recalled. Where do you get such notions? BTW, those questions are rhetorical because the source of your information is comically obvious.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../walk-o-meter/

This thread is like a recent U.S. House debate I watched a little bit of on C-SPAN earlier this week. Paul Ryan speaks on the bill at hand, saying their goals are to cut spending and get the federal budget deficit under control. Then some Democrat Representative gets the floor next for a couple minutes and goes on a rant about how this bill *really* is a devious underhanded way for the Republicans to enact their true agenda of _cutting spending_.

The week prior, Paul Ryan again was talking about another bill, saying a Democratic proposed legislation is unnecessary because the financial analyses being created by the bill is redundant and already calculated by the CBO. Then the Senate Democratic leadership held a conference, instead of saying "No, Ryan is wrong, these calculations are not being done by the CBO" Sen. Schumer goes on a rant about how the Republicans are stalling this legislation for the sake of stalling government. It's like, one side gives a very valid reason for what they are doing, the other side needs to at a minimum address that reason before going into their alternate theories of what is going on...

This thread is no different.
cubby1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #1772
cubby1223
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausm View Post
LOL ...could you please troll a different thread...fucking moron.
Awww, the every-great Ausm was caught saying something that was not true, and now you feel the need to cry about it?
cubby1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #1773
cubby1223
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,464
Default

What was it, $40 million out-of-state unions poured in to the state for the Senator recall elections?

And we all know that number will skyrocket during Walker's recall elections.

Me thinks it is of GREAT financial reward to Ausm and his buddies, to keep a Republican in power while simultaneously acting like he is the most vile person on Wisconsin soil

Keep the money flowing in, keep Walker in power, it's all jobs being created and sustained by the inflow of $$millions.

Is Ausm pulling a fast-one on his Overlords? That would be fucking hilarious if true, and probably is!

Last edited by cubby1223; 02-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.
cubby1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #1774
MomentsofSanity
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby1223 View Post
What was it, $40 million out-of-state unions poured in to the state for the Senator recall elections?

And we all know that number will skyrocket during Walker's recall elections.

Me thinks it is of GREAT financial reward to Ausm and his buddies, to keep a Republican in power while simultaneously acting like he is the most vile person on Wisconsin soil

Keep the money flowing in, keep Walker in power, it's all jobs being created and sustained by the inflow of $$millions.

Is Ausm pulling a fast-one on his Overlords?
No, it wasn't. It was pretty much even I believe with Dems spending around $23M and $21M by the GOP. Total spending of outside money.
MomentsofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #1775
cubby1223
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,464
Default

Okay, then about $40 million of outside money. That is a significant influx of wealth into the state. It's genius.


I know I heard $40 million from unions somewhere. Wikipedia says there was total $25m from outside sources, both parties. Whatever the specifics are, conflict is an economic gift for the unions in the state.


While unions claim the message is (from wikipedia) the recall elections are "the best way to halt Walker's agenda and to send a message to other states considering changing their collective bargaining laws." How about "Change collective bargaining laws and there will be an economic boon paid for by outside sources!" This whole "thing" that is going on in Madison is a circus, and this is the best explanation that fits common sense.

Last edited by cubby1223; 02-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.
cubby1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.