1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
- I will be mostly gaming on this PC. I will play D3, LOL, SWTOR, Skyrim in the near future. I would like to play all of these on max settings and be able to play most games for a few years on max settings.
2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
- I am looking to stay around $1000.
3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc.
- Intel-Fanboy. Slight nVidia-Fanboy
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
I have already bought some of the parts when they were on sale. They are marked below.
6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
I have looked at similar threads here and elsewhere. I want to make as smart of purchases as possible.
7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
- I will be OCing the CPU and GPU eventually. But plan to run it stock for a bit.
8. What resolution YOU plan on gaming with.
-1920 x 1080
9. WHEN do you plan to build it?
- Currently in the process.
10. Don't ask for a build configuration critique or rating if you are thin skinned.
Bring it on! ...please
Part list permalink
/ Part price breakdown by merchant
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
($179.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
($129.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
($49.99 @ Newegg)
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
($49.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB Video Card
($285.55 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case
($69.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
($29.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7260S-0B DVD/CD Writer
($17.99 @ Mircocenter)
Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor
($159.99 @ Newegg)
~$950 + (~$50 for a keyboard) = ~$1000
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
CPU, MOBO, PSU, RAM, Optical drive, HDD
I think I am pretty set on the case, but would appreciate any feedback you might have.
I think I feel good about that monitor, but not as set.
I am a bit split on the GPU. I have been going back and forth between these 4 cards (I would def look at any others you would recommend):
1. MSI gtx 560 ti hawk
$240 after MIR
2. XFX 6950
$220 after MIR (comes with Deus Ex!)
3. EVGA 570 Superclocked
~$310 after MIR at microcenter
4. Galaxy 570
$280 after MIR