· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 04-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
arredondo

Question How do you increase the size of online Flash games?

Using Firefox for the last number of years on a 1080P display, I've never been able to increase the screen size (preferably full screen) of most online Flash games without greatly reducing my resolution.

Ctrl+ doesn't work as it only increases web elements around the Flash game. I tried two Flash size-increase mods on Firefox, but they only increase the black Flash window that the game sits in, not the actual game itself along with it.

Any other ideas?
~
Sony 60" 3D Bravia NX-720 ''' Yamaha RX-V667 receiver ''' Velodyne Front Row speakers x5 ''' BIC H-100 sub
arredondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
Rackmountsales

I am not completely sure but may be by increasing your window's resolution you can increase size of online flash games.
Rackmountsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Soundmanred
Lifer

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmountsales View Post
I am not completely sure but may be by increasing your window's resolution you can increase size of online flash games.
It's the complete opposite of this. The only way to get them to look bigger is lowering your resolution.
Soundmanred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
corkyg
Peripherals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmanred View Post
It's the complete opposite of this. The only way to get them to look bigger is lowering your resolution.
That is correct. The full screen option for flash video is usually part of the host site's controls. Example, flash video from YouTube is made full screen by clicking on a small icon with 4 diagonal arrows below the lower right corner of the video display.

In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it.... Emile Zola
corkyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
BofRA
Platinum Member

Have you tried FlashResizer or FacebookGamer?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
rivan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmanred View Post
It might not work for all games or combinations of browser/OS/game, but I just set my Firefox Zoom level up and scaled the Flash game up with it.

Obviously not the same control as a 'full screen' scenario, and it zooms the whole page, but might work for the OP.

Someone still mows the grass at Pine Point's cemetery.
rivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #7
arredondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BofRA View Post
Have you tried FlashResizer or FacebookGamer?
FlashResizer doesn't work on any of the flash games I tried, and I don't play Facebook games for the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivan View Post
It might not work for all games or combinations of browser/OS/game, but I just set my Firefox Zoom level up and scaled the Flash game up with it.

Obviously not the same control as a 'full screen' scenario, and it zooms the whole page, but might work for the OP.
That doesn't work for this problem at all. It is a very specific issue - Adobe's Flash content without a zoom/full screen option won't zoom by normal means, and there is no Firefox add-on that fixes this.

~~~~

I think I found a solution. Win7 has a magnifier tool that you can pin to the task bar. I can use it to zoom in on any webpage, and for Flash windows/games it seems like 275% magnification gives me what I want after I line up that screen area.

I also selected "Have Magnifier follow text insertion point" in the option menu to keep the mouse and keyboard from scrolling the page. I can turn off the magnifier when done, and all of these settings are saved for the next session.
~
Sony 60" 3D Bravia NX-720 ''' Yamaha RX-V667 receiver ''' Velodyne Front Row speakers x5 ''' BIC H-100 sub

Last edited by arredondo; 04-23-2011 at 11:02 AM.
arredondo is offline   Reply With Quote