· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #26
Numenorean
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewsham View Post
What ISP do you have and what speed is your connection? I have verizon FIOS and i have 25Mb/s upload and download and notice few or no delays when clicking on a DD link. And any delay i do experience is no ore then 10 seconds.
I have AOL and I connect with my awesome 9600 baud modem.

It's freaking 12Mb/s Comcast and I don't have problems loading sites.
Numenorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #27
DynamiteMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorheader View Post
http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-3332167...82E16820233107

Link just died 3 times when clicking on a link in FS/FT. Had nothing to do with the link I was trying to goto.
Hi Motorheader,

Thanks you for reporting the issue. Are you still having trouble with the above link?

At this point, the link has actually already gone through the affiliation process and is past our own servers. If you are still having troubles, it could indicate a conflict with some other software on your computer. PeerGuardian and similar connection blocking software seems to have this effect.

NOTE TO ALL: If the quoted link above is not working properly for you, it could indicate a conflict with ad blocking software on your computer. Try disabling PeerGuardian or similar connection blocking software and see if the issue still persists.

Thanks,

Matt
Dynamite Data
DynamiteMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #28
Motorheader
Diamond Member

I just checked it and it finally worked. I checked it at times for over an hour after my post and it "bombed" every time. It didn't matter - opera, firefox, ie. No proxy or ad blocking software used or enabled on my end.

Who is dis doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?
Motorheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #29
QuantumPion
Diamond Member

My company blocks dynamite data so all links to vendor referrals are broken to me. Would be nice if there was some way to manually get link URL's back.
QuantumPion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #30
shortylickens
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumPion View Post
My company blocks dynamite data so all links to vendor referrals are broken to me. Would be nice if there was some way to manually get link URL's back.
It would be fine for me too. In Chrome I can just highlight the whole string of text and right click to go to it automatically. But if its an actual link then highlighting is a chore.

http://imgur.com/gallery/eWCGT
shortylickens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #31
Anubis
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteMatt View Post
Hi Anubis,

The redirector is necessary to financially support Anandtech. It also deters spammers from posting links, since the technology removes their tags.

We believe we have corrected most of the speed and stability issues, but please let us know if you have any current problems.

Thanks,

Matt
Dynamite Data
i donated to AT way back in the day when they allowed it and would again. but link redirects are almost as annoying as flash adds. and i run addons scripts to remove both.
actually im pretty sure most redirects are blacklisted in my hosts file as well
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #32
alfa147x
Lifer

When i click on the link in this post:
Link

It takes me to newegg page with a bunch of Win7 listings but if I c&p the link it works
Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #33
DynamiteMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa147x View Post
Link

It takes me to newegg page with a bunch of Win7 listings but if I c&p the link it works
Hi alfa147x,

Thank you for the report. It looks like there is two spaces in the url, which may be breaking encoding. I am looking into this.

Thanks,

Matt
Dynamite Data
Old 04-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #34
SunnyD
Belgian Waffler

I'm noticing that DynamiteData is using multiple redirectors now. How do I know? Because some links are taking me to redirectors that are blocked by my company, and some aren't. For example, I can no longer access redirected sites pointing to Newegg because they're being redirected through dw.com.com, which is filtered by my company.

(mangled the transit method on purpose so vB doesn't make a link out of it)

Quote:
h*t*t*p://dw.com.com/redir?pg=1&mfgId=275227&merId=243708&part=lmcd-cnet&ttag=cnet& siteId=9&astid=2&stype=mplevel_desc&pId=34001726&s order=0&lop=u00000626&prc=$1, 049.99&channelid=3000&tag=lst&edId=1541&ltype=mlst &ontId=6482&desturl=http://ww w.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102344&nm_mc=OTC-C173T&cm_mmc=O TC-C173T-_-LCD+TV-_-SAMSUNG-_-89102344
Meanwhile, other vendors redirect through other sites (such as tkqlhce.com, etc) and work.

While I don't have a problem with my work filtering potentially bad sites, my point is the fact that DynamiteData IS USING multiple redirectors, and in fact occasionally multiple NESTED redirectors, which doesn't sit pretty with me given I have zero control over what information they're taking on each pass from my system.

It seems as if I'm going to have to go back to using scripts to filter out the redirection, which sucks given I try to support AT as much as possible. (I've already had to recently reenable ABP because of other advertising issues on AT unfortunately)
so payments. dogecoins. wow. DU2Qq9ioEP6unPSJJnR4oY4bBG2hATiQMS
SunnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #35
DynamiteMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa147x View Post
Link

Hi alfa147x,

This was an issue with the forum encoding, but I was able to implement a fix on our side. It should be working correctly now.

Thanks,

Matt
Dynamite Data
Old 04-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #36
DynamiteMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
I'm noticing that DynamiteData is using multiple redirectors now. How do I know? Because some links are taking me to redirectors that are blocked by my company, and some aren't. For example, I can no longer access redirected sites pointing to Newegg because they're being redirected through dw.com.com, which is filtered by my company.

(mangled the transit method on purpose so vB doesn't make a link out of it)

Meanwhile, other vendors redirect through other sites (such as tkqlhce.com, etc) and work.

While I don't have a problem with my work filtering potentially bad sites, my point is the fact that DynamiteData IS USING multiple redirectors, and in fact occasionally multiple NESTED redirectors, which doesn't sit pretty with me given I have zero control over what information they're taking on each pass from my system.

It seems as if I'm going to have to go back to using scripts to filter out the redirection, which sucks given I try to support AT as much as possible. (I've already had to recently reenable ABP because of other advertising issues on AT unfortunately)
Hi SunnyD,

This behavior is not new, as we have been using multiple routes for some time now. It may be that your work has only recently started blocking the dw.com.com domain.

It's unfortunate that this is causing issues for you, but unshaped traffic should not be experiencing any problems getting to the correct destination.

Thanks,

Matt
Dynamite Data
Old 04-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #37
SunnyD
Belgian Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteMatt View Post
Hi SunnyD,

This behavior is not new, as we have been using multiple routes for some time now. It may be that your work has only recently started blocking the dw.com.com domain.

It's unfortunate that this is causing issues for you, but unshaped traffic should not be experiencing any problems getting to the correct destination.

Thanks,

Matt
Dynamite Data
If you'd be so kind as to disclose exactly which passthru's you guys use, it'd go a long way to me potentially not blacklisting your service.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #38
SkyBum

Default Seems to be crashing Firefox

I'm using the latest version of Firefox on XP SP3.

The Anandtech main page is pretty much a daily stop for me but about a week and a half ago, clicking ANY of the Latest Posts from the feed on the homepage results in a firefox hang for me.

In most cases I only see a 'loading detonator.dynamitedata' at the bottom left corner of a white screen (if I got that slightly wrong, its cause i cant check it right now without crashing this post). Anyhow the page never loads and from that point firefox and any open tabs are hung. Using the back button or trying to load a new page will appear to load indefinitely.

If I try just restarting Firefox from a hang state , it loads my homepage indefinitely. If I close firefox and then kill the firefox process that stays running in task manager it usually tries to reload the anandtech link I previously attempted to visit and induces a new hang. Occasionally the browser decides to load my homepage instead of the previous anandtech link which leaves me with a working browser. At any rate clicking a link on the main page is like playing russian roulette, or walking through a minefield. Neither seem to have much appeal to me...

I have not experienced this problem on any other site and as far as I can tell, it is only happening when clicking on an Anandtech article (dailytech links seem to be working fine). The only other common denominator I see is the Detonator.dynamitedata.

Quite frustrating, especially in light of not being able to enter any of the recent drawings.

As near as I can tell, dynamitedata can suck me.
Z68X-UD7-B3 | i7 2600K | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Sapphire HD 6950 2GB D3 (6970) | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair H-100 | Corsair AX 1200 | Corsair 600t | Corsair SP2500 | Dell 2450 FPW

Last edited by SkyBum; 04-21-2011 at 10:03 PM.
SkyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #39
DynamiteMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBum View Post
I'm using the latest version of Firefox on XP SP3.

The Anandtech main page is pretty much a daily stop for me but about a week and a half ago, clicking ANY of the Latest Posts from the feed on the homepage results in a firefox hang for me.

In most cases I only see a 'loading detonator.dynamitedata' at the bottom left corner of a white screen (if I got that slightly wrong, its cause i cant check it right now without crashing this post). Anyhow the page never loads and from that point firefox and any open tabs are hung. Using the back button or trying to load a new page will appear to load indefinitely.

If I try just restarting Firefox from a hang state , it loads my homepage indefinitely. If I close firefox and then kill the firefox process that stays running in task manager it usually tries to reload the anandtech link I previously attempted to visit and induces a new hang. Occasionally the browser decides to load my homepage instead of the previous anandtech link which leaves me with a working browser. At any rate clicking a link on the main page is like playing russian roulette, or walking through a minefield. Neither seem to have much appeal to me...

I have not experienced this problem on any other site and as far as I can tell, it is only happening when clicking on an Anandtech article (dailytech links seem to be working fine). The only other common denominator I see is the Detonator.dynamitedata.

Quite frustrating, especially in light of not being able to enter any of the recent drawings.

As near as I can tell, dynamitedata can suck me.
Hi SkyBum,

I would seriously question that it is our servers causing this behavior. The only thing that is loaded from us on an Anandtech article is potentially 3 small merchant logos as shown in an example here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4295/i...trail-platform

I run the exact same configuration Browser/OS configuration, and have never had an issue. I can't even fathom how we would be capable of crashing a browser with the loading of these 3 small images. You can try adding "127.0.0.1 detonator.dynamitedata.com" to your hosts file to isolate our server out of the equation. There must be something else on your system that is causing a conflict.

Thanks,

Matt
Dynamite Data
Old 05-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #40
SkyBum

It seems you are absolutely correct Matt. I owe you an apology. On further inspection I had been infected by a nasty batch of viruses (long story there), mostly java related. Having cleaned up the system, the site is no longer hanging Firefox.

I really should have been above pointing fingers so harshly, especially based on nothing more than supposition and I regret having said what I said. I'll take this as a lesson going into the future...

M.
Z68X-UD7-B3 | i7 2600K | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Sapphire HD 6950 2GB D3 (6970) | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair H-100 | Corsair AX 1200 | Corsair 600t | Corsair SP2500 | Dell 2450 FPW
SkyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #41
shortylickens
No Lifer

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...9&postcount=21

Takes forever for the links to follow through.

http://imgur.com/gallery/eWCGT
shortylickens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #42
oldsmoboat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortylickens View Post
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...9&postcount=21

Takes forever for the links to follow through.
Both loaded within 2 seconds for me.
oldsmoboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #43
mnewsham
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmoboat View Post
Both loaded within 2 seconds for me.
Same
Old 08-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #44
SunnyD
Belgian Waffler

A link I posted in Hot Deals is being redirected to shopper.com instead of properly to the newegg item.

Thread Link in the op APPEARS correct.

Actual link:
h**p://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185

(replace the *'s with t's, duh)
Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #45
ViRGE
Super Moderator
Elite Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185

Confirmed. I'll see to it that this gets passed on to the right people.
Todd the Wraith: On Fruit Bowls - I hope they prove [to be] as delicious as the farmers who grew them

Last edited by ViRGE; 08-19-2011 at 04:56 PM.
ViRGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #46
alfa147x
Lifer

This post:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...44&postcount=4

The B and H link goes here:
http://www.cj.com/expired.jsp?AID=10...687&BI=3332167

Here is the correct link:
ht**p://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/737200-REG/Product.html

(replace the *'s with t's)
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #47
alfa147x
Lifer

This post:
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...44&postcount=4

The B and H link goes here:
http://www.cj.com/expired.jsp?AID=10...687&BI=3332167

Here is the correct link:
ht**p://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/737200-REG/Product.html

(replace the *'s with t's)
Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #48
ViRGE
Super Moderator
Elite Member

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...G/Product.html

Noted, confirmed, passed on up.
Todd the Wraith: On Fruit Bowls - I hope they prove [to be] as delicious as the farmers who grew them

Last edited by ViRGE; 08-24-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #49
alfa147x
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRGE View Post
Thanks
Old 08-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #50
ViRGE
Super Moderator
Elite Member

I'm told it's been fixed.