· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
TechBoyJK
Lifer

Default How can I tighten the skin on my face??

Hi guys

I just turned 30 back in June. I've been working out a lot, and have lost about 15 pounds. I'm really going to dig in this winter.

I've noticed that as I lose weight, i don't think my face is catching up with it. Are there any techniques to increase the elasticity of the skin, aka tighten it up? My face just feels... I don't know.. soggy.
You're being difficult. You have not provided us with the information we need to troubleshoot the problem. You have not given us errors, you're vague about where the problem is, you are not answering the questions we ask. In short, you DON'T KNOW HOW TO THINK. Give back that piece of paper you think makes your intelligent, apologize, destroy your computer and go live in the woods kid.
TechBoyJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
SociallyChallenged
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBoyJK View Post
Hi guys

I just turned 30 back in June. I've been working out a lot, and have lost about 15 pounds. I'm really going to dig in this winter.

I've noticed that as I lose weight, i don't think my face is catching up with it. Are there any techniques to increase the elasticity of the skin, aka tighten it up? My face just feels... I don't know.. soggy.
How long has it taken you to lose those 15lbs? If you're losing weight too fast (greater than 1-1.5lbs per week), then the skin has less time to equilibrate. You can rectify that by slowing your weight loss and hope your skin maintains the ability to retract. If you haven't been losing weight too fast, there's not much you can do.
I am a doctor of physical therapy. Information I provide is based on subjective report alone. This frequently results in speculation and, as a result, may not always be accurate. Thus I am not liable for any action taken based on information provided.

Now offering physical therapy consultation services via Skype, e-mail, and phone. Please PM me for details.
SociallyChallenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
TechBoyJK
Lifer

No, it's been gradual. I workout 3-4 nights a week, but I'm well fed. I run several miles 3-4 nights a week as well. I'm only loosing 2-4 pounds per month. Every few months I actually gain weight. It's been a slow process.

Alot of how I feel about it is that I was always very lean and thin growing up. I ran cross country, and was really athletic. About 6 years ago I had a terrible hernia and didn't workout or do anything for about 2 years. I put on about 35 pounds. I lost some, but then hurt my back.. I put it back on. Over the past 2 years I've lost about 25 pounds. It's been gradual. but since my original hernia, I've never gotten to the shape I was in so I've always felt chubby. My face is this way because of the past 6 years of not being able to work out much without fearing re-injury. Only in the past year or so have I been able to really work out and start getting back into peak shape.

I'm getting there, but my face isn't. It's still as puffy as it was 6 years ago.
You're being difficult. You have not provided us with the information we need to troubleshoot the problem. You have not given us errors, you're vague about where the problem is, you are not answering the questions we ask. In short, you DON'T KNOW HOW TO THINK. Give back that piece of paper you think makes your intelligent, apologize, destroy your computer and go live in the woods kid.
TechBoyJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Bulldog13
Golden Member

Some astringent maybe?

http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...ngent&x=13&y=9
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action, and filled with noble risks, is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation. - Sir Walter Scott

C# Programming Thoughts
Bulldog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
SociallyChallenged
Elite

If your skin feels loose, there's not much to do. If your face feels fat, you need to reduce your body fat further. If you're not doing resistance exercises as part of your weight loss, you may be reducing your weight, but not your body fat percentage. If you just do cardio, you're likely to lose body muscle and fat, sometimes maintaining the same body composition as a whole. If that's the case, read the fat loss sticky and get on a resistance training program.
I am a doctor of physical therapy. Information I provide is based on subjective report alone. This frequently results in speculation and, as a result, may not always be accurate. Thus I am not liable for any action taken based on information provided.

Now offering physical therapy consultation services via Skype, e-mail, and phone. Please PM me for details.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #6
jackanderson

Default How can I tighten the skin on my face??

Drink 8 glasses of cold water a day. Water will tighten your skin up. It will flush out toxins in your body as well. Not only would I drink 8 glasses of cold water, wash your face with ice water. It works and is a natural anti-aging trick that helps naturally. Your skin needs moisture. Cold water is the key and don't forget this step. It's that simple and easy.
jackanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
douglasb
Diamond Member

Why would it matter if the water he drinks is cold or not?
douglasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
SociallyChallenged
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanderson View Post
Drink 8 glasses of cold water a day. Water will tighten your skin up. It will flush out toxins in your body as well. Not only would I drink 8 glasses of cold water, wash your face with ice water. It works and is a natural anti-aging trick that helps naturally. Your skin needs moisture. Cold water is the key and don't forget this step. It's that simple and easy.
This is silly and completely unfounded. The temperature you drink water at or the temperature of the water you wash your face with has nothing to do with the tightness of your skin. Ice water splashed on the face will only cause vasoconstriction and reduce blood flow. It's not that simple and it's not even logical.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
darkxshade
Lifer

/obligatory botox
Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
kamper
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanderson View Post
Do you have a link to a website where I can buy some of this miracle cold water?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
surfsatwerk
Diamond Member

You need a large latex dildo, preferably black. Regular sessions alternatively slapping yourself in the face and rectal insertions will tone and firm your skin.