· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 09-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #126
SP33Demon
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeko View Post
A friend of mine has been texting me all morning about how he thinks the Redskins are going a minimum of 10-6 if McNabb is healthy.

That....seems a bit much if you ask me.
I think they'll hit 9 wins but only IF McNabb, Portis, and the O-Line stay healthy. That is a lot to ask given their histories.
SP33Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #127
bunnyfubbles
Lifer

Quote:
We'll see. My 2009 superbowl winner was horrendously wrong, so I won't doubt that this is possible. I do think I've correctly picked at least one of the Superbowl teams every year though, if not the winner.
That's quite a skill too considering one of the teams you pick is almost always the Cowboys. If only you would just throw your silly bias away you might actually have something.

Quote:
But hey - they've got talent. It could happen. I generally think the Colts are the best team every year, but it would be boring if I just picked them over and over and over again.
Again, doesn't stop you from picking the Cowboys, but I guess you'd be right, picking Colts vs. Cowboys every year would get old.
i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz + XSPC Raystorm/EX280/D5 | ASUS Sabertooth X79 | EVGA GeForce GTX780 | 4x4GB Samsung Green DDR3 @ 1866 CAS9 1.5v | 2x256GB Samsung 830 RAID-0 | 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 | 2 x 3TB Seagate 7200.14 RAID-0 | Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 x64 | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | Seasonic Platinum-1000 | Silverstone FT02B-WRI | BenQ XL2420T | Dell U2711 | Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red | Razer Abyssus + Goliathus Speed | Beyerdynamic MMX300 / Astro A40 2013
bunnyfubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #128
Deeko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyfubbles View Post
That's quite a skill too considering one of the teams you pick is almost always the Cowboys. If only you would just throw your silly bias away you might actually have something.

Again, doesn't stop you from picking the Cowboys, but I guess you'd be right, picking Colts vs. Cowboys every year would get old.
2008 it turns out I was wrong on both fronts - but looking back, every other year I've had a Superbowl team. I also pointed out in last year's thread - I pick the Colts more than I do the Cowboys. Granted, they've had more success to back up those picks, but other than this year & 2007 I've picked the Colts to not only be in, but win the Superbowl pretty consistently.

I seem to be better at picking the AFC than the NFC as a whole. Whether that's a product of my Cowboys bias, or because the AFC has dominant teams and bad teams, whereas the NFC is more of a crapshoot, or both..I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP33Demon View Post
I think they'll hit 9 wins but only IF McNabb, Portis, and the O-Line stay healthy. That is a lot to ask given their histories.
True. His point is "the Dolphins did it a few years ago when they hired Parcells, why can't we?" He is missing the fact that Parcells has made a reputation for going to a team, ripping it apart, installing all his former players/coaches, and quickly turning them around. I'm not saying Shanahan is a bad coach. Just that Parcells was able to do that because, well, its what he does. We don't know of Shanahan can do that.
Deeko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #129
gimmewhitecastles
Golden Member

Quote:
2008 it turns out I was wrong on both fronts - but looking back, every other year I've had a Superbowl team. I also pointed out in last year's thread - I pick the Colts more than I do the Cowboys. Granted, they've had more success to back up those picks, but other than this year & 2007 I've picked the Colts to not only be in, but win the Superbowl pretty consistently.

I seem to be better at picking the AFC than the NFC as a whole. Whether that's a product of my Cowboys bias, or because the AFC has dominant teams and bad teams, whereas the NFC is more of a crapshoot, or both..I don't know.

True. His point is "the Dolphins did it a few years ago when they hired Parcells, why can't we?" He is missing the fact that Parcells has made a reputation for going to a team, ripping it apart, installing all his former players/coaches, and quickly turning them around. I'm not saying Shanahan is a bad coach. Just that Parcells was able to do that because, well, its what he does. We don't know of Shanahan can do that.
The AFC has been either Pats, Steelers, Colts for the last 7 SBs. There is more parity in the NFC. That's why the cowboys don't make it to the SB even though they are picked to win it every year.

Deeko, did you watch NFL live last night? Teddy Bruschi also picked the the Cowboys over the Bengals in the next SB. I guess your'e not the only one drinking the kool-aid.

In defense for Shanahan, he still was somewhat successful with Jake Plummer.

Last edited by gimmewhitecastles; 09-10-2010 at 11:16 AM.
gimmewhitecastles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #130
gimmewhitecastles
Golden Member

That Cincy-Dallas superbowl prediction looks a little silly now doesn't it.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #131
Deeko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmewhitecastles View Post
That Cincy-Dallas superbowl prediction looks a little silly now doesn't it.
Its not looking that way at this point. Its been a rough start for a lot of preseason favorites. The Colts are barely winning, the Saints are barely winning, Minnesota and Dallas have all been way below expectations.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #132
AMDZen
Lifer

Quote:
Orton is not very good
LOL, right

Quote:
Minnesota and Dallas have all been way below expectations.
Dallas is always way below expectations and will not, and can not get to a super bowl with Wade Phillips as their coach much less win one.

I can't believe so called "experts" still believe in this team.

Gaming Computer - i5 - 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 | MSI GTX 480 | Win7 x64
AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #133
IndyColtsFan
Lifer

Even better -- all three stooges:

MAIN: i7-2600K @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus P8Z68-V Pro | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3-1600 | Seagate 600 series 240 GB SSD (boot) | Samsung Evo 500 GB | 2 TB (data) | MSI Lightning GTX780 | Cosmos S | Dell U2410 and 2001fp | Seasonic Platinum 760 | Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
IndyColtsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #134
Deeko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
LOL, right
He's off to a good start, but 5 solid games doesn't make you a superstar quarterback. Hell, just ask Derek Anderson.

Quote:
Dallas is always way below expectations and will not, and can not get to a super bowl with Wade Phillips as their coach much less win one.

I can't believe so called "experts" still believe in this team.
The Cowboys have a lot of talent, but they're beating themselves. Penalties, stupid mistakes at stupid times...they could have easily won all three of those games. There's no excuse for some of this crap - like the last play of the 1st half against Washington, when they called a hail mary that was very unlikely to succeed, then Romo decided to dump off on a screen, then Choice decided he could break tackles. All three were stupid decisions.

I think Jason Garrett is a bigger problem than Wade Phillips. His play calling is unbelievably predictable. His maddening refusal to use play action doesn't help, either. What's scary is that for as much as people bitch about Wade, if he's gone, Garrett is quite possibly his successor.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #135
saratoga172
Golden Member

The 'girls just need a competent coach and either a competent owner or one who lets the coaches actually coach. I'm far from a fan of the 'girls, but they really do have a pretty good talent pool every year. Yet they always do mediocre and under perform. I'm amazed Phillips hasn't been pushed out yet. Jerry Jones is retarded. He should to oil.
saratoga172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #136
Kyle
Diamond Member

Have any new predictions for the NFC West? I'm thinking Seattle will win more than 3 =) but really the division is wide open..
Old 10-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #137
gimmewhitecastles
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Have any new predictions for the NFC West? I'm thinking Seattle will win more than 3 =) but really the division is wide open..
i wouldn't be surprised if san francisco goes 6-0 in the division and lose to everybody else, winning a playoff spot with a 6-10 record.

edit. wait they already got creamed in seattle. 5-1 record
Old 10-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #138
purbeast0
Lifer

your NFCE predictions are LOL after week 5 :p
purbeast0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #139
Deeko
Lifer

Yea, I guess its about the time of year for the knee jerk reactions to the first 1/4 of the year.

Still a lot of football yet to be played, gents.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #140
thegimp03
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmewhitecastles View Post
i wouldn't be surprised if san francisco goes 6-0 in the division and lose to everybody else, winning a playoff spot with a 6-10 record.

edit. wait they already got creamed in seattle. 5-1 record
Haha, would be hilarious. SF has management issues...i.e. Jed York is a f-ing idiot. Plus the ol' run the ball up the middle for a 2yd gain with Frank Gore gets old and doesn't win games.
thegimp03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #141
fustercluck
Diamond Member

My pre-season super bowl picks are also not looking too hot either. The Patriots v Packers. Pats are looking to the future and trading everyone for future 3rd/4th round draft picks as usual, while the packers are unfortunately plagued by injuries. I think the Packers still have as good a shot as any though.
fustercluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #142
Kyle
Diamond Member

is that still how you see the nfc west panning out? 49'ers on top? not trying to be an ass, just curious- I'd love for the seahawks to take the division, but I honestly don't see that happening- or if it does it's going to be realllly close
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #143
Deeko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
is that still how you see the nfc west panning out? 49'ers on top? not trying to be an ass, just curious- I'd love for the seahawks to take the division, but I honestly don't see that happening- or if it does it's going to be realllly close
At this point I don't really like any of the teams in the NFC West. The Seahawks look better than expected so far, but I just don't think they have the roster to post a winning record. The 49ers are getting close in a lot of games, but still, hard to come back from this record. The Rams show some promise too, but they just got demolished, by the Lions of all teams, and have injuries mounting.

If I were to revise the NFC West right now, I'd put the Cardinals on top, but their QB situation is the worst of any team in the division, which doesn't bode well when the pressure is on.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #144
KMFJD
Diamond Member

2 TE Off seems to be working in Det
KMFJD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #145
CaptnKirk
Lifer

How about all teams ending up with an 8-8 record, the Division winner over the wild card comes down to a coin toss.

Superbowl is decided by a safety . . . in double overtime.

Parity makes the day.
Cattitude
CaptnKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #146
cheezy321
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnKirk View Post
How about all teams ending up with an 8-8 record, the Division winner over the wild card comes down to a coin toss.

Superbowl is decided by a safety . . . in double overtime.

Parity makes the day.
I think you mean parody.....IDIOT

The biggest problem with America is not faceless corporate forces; the biggest problem with America is people who blame faceless corporate forces instead of accepting accountability for their own lives. - Chuck Klosterman
cheezy321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #147
Deeko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezy321 View Post
Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #148
Arkaign
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezy321 View Post
Eh? Do you understand the word 'Parity'?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #149
fustercluck
Diamond Member

If cheezy is serious...epic fail

When's the last time there's been no undefeated teams by week 5 i wonder?
fustercluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:00 AM   #150
SSSnail
Lifer

Speaking or bias, how about them Patriots?

Alex Smith fan.

Traditional Chinese Herbs and Supplements
SSSnail is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
deeko, football, nfl, predictions, tonyromo