Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Merchandise and Shopping > Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2014
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 07-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
cyberia
Platinum Member

Default Comcast Limited Basic TV + Ultra High Speed Internet (30Mbps) $29.99/month for 1 year

This is oficially limited to new customers only. However, don't let this stop you and try to give your friendly Comcast CSR a call.

I received a flyer with the following offer advertised in it: Comcast Limited Basic TV + Ultra High Speed Internet (30Mbps) for $29.99/month for 12 months. The phone number given in the flyer is 800-957-9817.

The flyer came in a ValPak package via snail mail. I will try to post the scan later today, but I am not promising.

EDIT: Just saw another Comcast deal advertised in Sunday's paper. It is for "Xfinity Internet" (15MBps) for $19.99 / month for 6 months. Call 1-888-309-1582. "Offer ends 9/15/2010 and is limited to new residential customers that subscribe to at least one other XFINITY service and meet eligibility requirements".

her209 posted my flyer here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QUAV9JB0

Last edited by cyberia; 08-02-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added flyer
cyberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
jlee
Lifer

Whoa, if you can scan that, it'd be great. I'm having service moved on Tuesday and I could always "cancel" and have my roommate sign up...I got $45/mo for 6mo..
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
cyberia
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee View Post
Whoa, if you can scan that, it'd be great. I'm having service moved on Tuesday and I could always "cancel" and have my roommate sign up...I got $45/mo for 6mo..
I just called to get my parent's onto this deal. Their $20/month 12MBps deal is expiring next month. Comcast shot me down on the $30 deal but did offer $40/month for the Ultra tier.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
killster1
Diamond Member

what kinda cap does comcast usually give 50gb? 100gb?
Old 07-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
cyberia
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killster1 View Post
what kinda cap does comcast usually give 50gb? 100gb?
250GB. They actually have an online meter where you can check your usage. I average 80GB+ with IPTV, VoIP, heavy web use and almost no media downloads.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
Evadman
Administrator Emeritus
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberia View Post
250GB. They actually have an online meter where you can check your usage. I average 80GB+ with IPTV, VoIP, heavy web use and almost no media downloads.
I have averaged about 350gb with media downloads (netflix, etc) for the last 6 months on comcast with a peak of 610gb in april I believe.
Evadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
cyberia
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evadman View Post
I have averaged about 350gb with media downloads (netflix, etc) for the last 6 months on comcast with a peak of 610gb in april I believe.
Have you heard from them regarding your consistent high usage?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Evadman
Administrator Emeritus
Elite Member

Quote:
Have you heard from them regarding your consistent high usage?
Not in a long time. Probably because my bill is about $220 a month total with all the crap they tack on, not even including HD. I will be switching companies shortly anyway.
Evadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
killster1
Diamond Member

Quote:
heavy web use lollies, thats funny i know some people that use about 1+tb a month with 6mb i can just imagine with 30 only getting to use it for a week then getting shut off?
Old 07-31-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
Jules
Lifer

got shot down twice. too bad i have no choice but to stick with comcast.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:17 AM   #11
cyberia
Platinum Member

Does anyone have experience with cancelling the service and re-signing a day or two later? Will they let you get this deal? Or will they b*tch about having to have "no service in the past 6 months"?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
jor8888

dont work that way u have to unscribe for half or 1 yr to be called new customer.
jor8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #13
syzygy
Diamond Member

how basic is basic ? simply no premium channels ? limited HD ?
syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
Schadenfroh
Elite Member

I am paying $50 a month for local channels only and 6mb down from Comcast, that was after I threatened to leave and they only agreed to drop it to $50 after my promotional deals expired.

My only other choice is AT&T DSL and they are worse...

Shame I am not a new customer, that is a sweet deal.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #15
bf1942

Thumbs down Rude rep claims no30MPS and that the basic TV free

I called the #, and heard a rep talking in the backround to someone then putting me on hold.

When she returned her speakerphone was so quiet I had to ask her speak up.

Guess that set her off?

She claims no Ultra 30 MPS internet exists, and that I should not be telling her what the promotion says since I had called her for information.

I requested info on the Basic cable channels , and was told it was CH 2, 5, 7 etc...
plus 3 channels in a foreign language.

Requested to have a plan where I would only pay for channels that I could watch and understand in English, and she said all those channels a free you, are not paying for any of them.

Still interested in the Ultra hight speed internet I mentioned that the Comcast web site even shows speeds that hit 50MPS, told again that 15MPS is the highest they go.

I have heard that customer service can be a little cranky, but youd think they would put thier best people out front in the new customer sales section.

that conversation really made me think twice about comcast.
Acts 2:38
Repent and be baptized for the forgivness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
bf1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
blanketyblank
Golden Member

Quote:
This is oficially limited to new customers only. However, don't let this stop you and try to give your friendly Comcast CSR a call.

I received a flyer with the following offer advertised in it: Comcast Limited Basic TV + Ultra High Speed Internet (30Mbps) for $29.99/month for 12 months. The phone number given in the flyer is 800-957-9817.

The flyer came in a ValPak package via snail mail. I will try to post the scan later today, but I am not promising.
Could you post the scan for this? I'm on AT&T DSL now and it seems to be pretty slow lately. I'm wondering if this is limited to some state or region. Also does it saying anything about installation fees? Could you let us know what state you are in as well? Thanks.
Asus P5Q Pro
2x2 Gb OCZ DDR2 6400
blanketyblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #17
grandpa2k

I read this on Hot Deals a couple of years ago, and it's true. If you have cable internet, you also have the basic cable channels coming in on the same cable -- they don't tell you this, but they are there. I have Time Warner Cable Roadrunner internet service only -- I pay for no TV. However, I put a splicer on the incoming coax and ran one of the cables to the modem for internet, the other to 2 TV's. I get almost 70 channels, including channels like HGTV, Food Network, SciFy, Fox Sports SW, TBS, WGN, TLC, Hallmark, The Weather Channel, a bunch of news channels, and lots more. I also get most of the local channels. Not a bad deal. RoadRunner is lightening fast, too. The cost is a little high for internet ($42./month), but, with Viatalk VOIP and free cable TV, not a bad deal.
grandpa2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #18
Knavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa2k View Post
I read this on Hot Deals a couple of years ago, and it's true. If you have cable internet, you also have the basic cable channels coming in on the same cable -- they don't tell you this, but they are there. I have Time Warner Cable Roadrunner internet service only -- I pay for no TV. However, I put a splicer on the incoming coax and ran one of the cables to the modem for internet, the other to 2 TV's. I get almost 70 channels, including channels like HGTV, Food Network, SciFy, Fox Sports SW, TBS, WGN, TLC, Hallmark, The Weather Channel, a bunch of news channels, and lots more. I also get most of the local channels. Not a bad deal. RoadRunner is lightening fast, too. The cost is a little high for internet ($42./month), but, with Viatalk VOIP and free cable TV, not a bad deal.
I guess this lineup use to be called extended basic. Now it's basic & the old basic option is called broadcast.

In any case, you just got very lucky. A proper cable modem install would have included a line filter (with an anti-tamper device) attached outside your house. The filter blocks *all* tv channels and only allows the cable modem frequencies.
Knavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #19
cyberia
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Could you post the scan for this? I'm on AT&T DSL now and it seems to be pretty slow lately. I'm wondering if this is limited to some state or region. Also does it saying anything about installation fees? Could you let us know what state you are in as well? Thanks.
I am in South Florida.

I have a scan of the flyer now. How do I add it to my post? I thought there was an option to add attachments to a post on this board.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
cyberia
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa2k View Post
I read this on Hot Deals a couple of years ago, and it's true. If you have cable internet, you also have the basic cable channels coming in on the same cable -- they don't tell you this, but they are there.
As per Knavish, it is often but not always true. Another way for them to charge you for basic cable TV is to make HSI prices higher if you are not a cable TV customer. Like $42 for HSI for cable TV subscribers and $58 for non-TV subscrubers.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #21
rudeguy
Lifer

basic cable is supposed to be filtered if no video is ordered. Some techs don't do it.

Its for sure NOT INCLUDED.

not speaking as an employee or representative of any cable company.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #22
her209
No Lifer

Quote:
I am in South Florida.

I have a scan of the flyer now. How do I add it to my post? I thought there was an option to add attachments to a post on this board.
You'll have to upload it to a pic hosting website, e.g. http://pics.bbzzdd.com, and then link it here using the [img] tags.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #23
Gillbot
Lifer

Many of these offers are regional so they may not be applicable to your area.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #24
airdata
Diamond Member

I just got my Verizon Fios upgraded. I had the basic internet. Added the "Extreme HD" TV package and they bumped the internet speed to 30/30 Paying $100 a month, whereas I've been paying $52/month just for 10mbps/2mbps fios internet for the past year.

1JYdDv2YHXthtLjEiwtLSW9LjsN4ehQjkc
airdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
cyberia
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by her209 View Post
You'll have to upload it to a pic hosting website, e.g. http://pics.bbzzdd.com, and then link it here using the [img] tags.
It's a PDF file and I am not registered at pics.bbzzdd.com. I can email the flyer to anyone who wants to help out.

Tags
cable, comcast, hsi, tv service