· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 07-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
chuckywang
Lifer

Default ICO/Shadow of the Colossus on Bluray - Q1 2011

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/...ction-q1-2011/

Day One for me!

"And they throw it the length of the floor. Laettner catches, comes down, dribbles, shoots.....SCORES!!"
chuckywang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
Kromis
Diamond Member

Article was published a month ago. I think the current rumor is June of 2011
shes shorter than my c*ck.

Does she work in a circus? Because I've never seen a 2 inch woman before.
AnandTech Moderator
Kromis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
YEPP

They should remaster Shadow of the Colossus for every new generation console, the game is a work of art, every generation should get a chance to play it.
Toy #1- i5 760@4GHz + Akasa Freedom Tower | GA-P55A-UD3 | 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2@1241/6640 | Adata SP900 128GB + 2xWD Caviar Blue 500GB | XFX Pro 750W | CM Elite 430 | BenQ 2420HDBL
Toy #2- i5 760@3.8GHz + Titan Fenrir | P7P55D-E Pro | 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 | PowerColor PCS+ HD7870(Tahiti LE) Myst@1200/6200 | Adata SX900 128GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Xigmatek Tauro 700W | Antec One | Acer G236HL

Last edited by YEPP; 07-02-2010 at 05:37 AM.
YEPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
R Nilla
Diamond Member

At this point, based on comments from Sony and Team Ico, I would be surprised if we don't get a Team Ico HD Collection for PS3.
R Nilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
I4AT
Platinum Member

I've never played either of these games, although I've heard a lot about em, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. I did pick up the God of War Collection without having played those on the PS2, and I've gotta say, after playing games like Batman AA and Bayonetta I was pretty underwhelmed. So are they really that good that they'll impress someone like me who isn't looking at them through rose colored glasses?
I4AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
R Nilla
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I4AT View Post
I've never played either of these games, although I've heard a lot about em, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. I did pick up the God of War Collection without having played those on the PS2, and I've gotta say, after playing games like Batman AA and Bayonetta I was pretty underwhelmed. So are they really that good that they'll impress someone like me who isn't looking at them through rose colored glasses?
I can't speak for Ico, because I've never played it, but Shadow of the Colossus is unique enough that I think you'll have a better chance of appreciating it if you can get over the dated graphics. Although it's from 2005, it's not like God of War where there have been plenty of similar, arguably better, games released since.
R Nilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
mmntech
Lifer

Hopefully they'll start re-mastering more PS2 classics to HD. They did an excellent job with the God of War Collection. Personally, I'm hoping they'll do with the Ratchet & Clank and the Jak series. I'd say those are pretty likely. Now if Capcom did it with Okami, I'd be really happy. Wishful thinking though.

Boycott SiriusXM
mmntech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
darkswordsman17
Lifer

I did not like Ico, but Shadow of the Colossus looks like it'd be pretty good. The best part is it sounds like they're going to fix the issues that plagued the game on the PS2 (namely horrible performance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmntech View Post
Hopefully they'll start re-mastering more PS2 classics to HD. They did an excellent job with the God of War Collection. Personally, I'm hoping they'll do with the Ratchet & Clank and the Jak series. I'd say those are pretty likely. Now if Capcom did it with Okami, I'd be really happy. Wishful thinking though.
I would personally rather they focus on new games. To me, the Ratchet and Clank and Jak series don't have quite the classic appeal, such that I think if they just focused on a new game it'd end up better. To me, it'd be like if they'd "remaster" the Gran Turismo games, I'd rather they just make a new one.

Last edited by darkswordsman17; 07-02-2010 at 12:59 PM.
darkswordsman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
gorcorps
aka Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmntech View Post
Seeing as how they already brought Okami to the current gen with the Wii, I highly doubt it'll come to any of the other consoles. They're also making a sequel on the DS too.
gorcorps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
mmntech
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
Seeing as how they already brought Okami to the current gen with the Wii, I highly doubt it'll come to any of the other consoles. They're also making a sequel on the DS too.
Yeah, but it would be lovely in HD rendered at 720p. It's probably one of the most under-appreciated games out there.

Insomniac says they're open to a Ratchet & Clank Collection but has no plans to make it.
http://www.psu.com/news/9350

Boycott SiriusXM
mmntech is online now   Reply With Quote