· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
Nitemare
Lifer

Default China revoking visa of gold medalist

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympi...post/Chi?urn=oly,98718

If you can't beat them, don't let them in.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - attributed to Edmund Burke

When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn't until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear.

Nitemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
gamepad
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nitemare
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympi...post/Chi?urn=oly,98718

If you can't beat them, don't let them in.
He's a gold medalist skater. "Beating him" isn't the ostensible reason for barring him.
gamepad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
waggy
No Lifer

it seems daily we hear something bad about china and the Olympics. perhaps in the future they won't give it to a country such as china.

the Olympics this year is a joke. with the smog, censorship and other BS
waggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
mugs
Lifer

He wasn't going to compete...

"Giants are the luckiest team I've ever seen in my entire life" - Reckoner; Super Bowl XLVI
mugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
FallenHero
Diamond Member

these Olympics are a joke because of China. Seriously, I think this amount of controversy is unheard of. I hope the Olympic committee takes notice and thinks about who they give the games to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gaatjes
Suddenly huge amounts of poop pouring out of a hairy rusty sheriff star of some guy does not look that horrible anymore compared to JB.
FallenHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
mugs
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: waggy
it seems daily we hear something bad about china and the Olympics. perhaps in the future they won't give it to a country such as china.

Maybe they'll finally realize that the bribery has gotten out of hand. :Q

"Giants are the luckiest team I've ever seen in my entire life" - Reckoner; Super Bowl XLVI
mugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
waggy
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: FallenHero
these Olympics are a joke because of China. Seriously, I think this amount of controversy is unheard of. I hope the Olympic committee takes notice and thinks about who they give the games to.
thats what i was trying to say but you said the same but far better.

i need more coffee.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
Nitemare
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: mugs
He's already won, but at least they didn't run over him with a tank or shoot him, so I guess he is lucky.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - attributed to Edmund Burke

When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn't until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #9
KK
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: mugs
Yeah, whats the big stink. it seems to me that people are finding any reason they can to make china look bad. I hate China as much as I do Russia and France, but come on now, this is getting out of hand. If the dude was competing that'd be a whole nother deal.
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
KK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
theblackbox
Golden Member

hey, yeah. lets have them someplace here, like how about atlanta. where it's not overcrowded, polluted, trashy, and wait.. we did that and the only thing atlanta had on china was we had some dude who attacks abortion clinics blow up a trash can.
it's only controversy because the media has nothing else to harp on, bush is dead duck, oil prices dropping, etc etc.. the media needs something to focus on that they can sensationalize...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
Nitemare
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: theblackbox
hey, yeah. lets have them someplace here, like how about atlanta. where it's not overcrowded, polluted, trashy, and wait.. we did that and the only thing atlanta had on china was we had some dude who attacks abortion clinics blow up a trash can.
it's only controversy because the media has nothing else to harp on, bush is dead duck, oil prices dropping, etc etc.. the media needs something to focus on that they can sensationalize...
Was the US revoking VISA's of people that disagreed with their policies?

or did they have an air pollution index twice of what was considered high?

http://2008gamesbeijing.com/images/beijing-smog.jpg

http://earthobservatory.nasa.g...ages.php3?img_id=17206

Old 08-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #12
moshquerade
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: waggy

i have to agree. what a "great" country to play host.
moshquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
maddogchen
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
haha the idiot is comparing atlanta's pollution to beijing. Did you see anyone wearing masks while running in Atlanta? Were we beating up journalists?
maddogchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #14
Nitemare
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: maddogchen
Quote:
Quote:
haha the idiot is comparing atlanta's pollution to beijing. Did you see anyone wearing masks while running in Atlanta? Were we beating up journalists?
wait until someone waves a Free Tibet/Taiwan/Darfur or any other country and gets caught by the "police"

Old 08-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #15
theblackbox
Golden Member

no. the US lets them come here then throws them in prison in cuba, and honestly i couldn't tell you if anyones visa was revoked coming into the US as I was not there at the turnstile to the US checking. Just because you never heard it in the media doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm sure the US has never turned anyone away during the olympics.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #16
waggy
No Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
wait until someone waves a Free Tibet/Taiwan/Darfur or any other country and gets caught by the "police"

yeah if/when it happens its going to make for a entertaining news..
Old 08-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #17
theblackbox
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so just because atlanta isn't as polluted as beijing, it's not polluted? read and comprehend my original post. it seems to me there is an idiot here and it's not me.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #18
maddogchen
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so just because atlanta isn't as polluted as beijing, it's not polluted? read and comprehend my original post. it seems to me there is an idiot here and it's not me.
wow i am talking to an idiot. he dosen't even realize it.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #19
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
you mean like this?

http://torontosun.com/Sports/B...008/08/06/6364626.html
http://primaryaccounting.ca
sdifox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #20
Dumac
Diamond Member

I'm tired of hearing all this anti-China bullshit concerning the olympics. If you care, then don't watch the Olympics; tt's that simple. Stop bitching about it.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #21
sdifox
No Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dumac
I'm tired of hearing all this anti-China bullshit concerning the olympics. If you care, then don't watch the Olympics; tt's that simple. Stop bitching about it.
If you are tired of "anti-china bullshit", stop reading. It is well within your rights to not read. Unless you are in China, in which case I believe it is by law that you should report such crimes against the people.
http://primaryaccounting.ca
sdifox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #22
maddogchen
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sdifox
Quote:
If you are tired of "anti-china bullshit", stop reading. It is well within your rights to not read.
yeah and stop bitching about it
Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #23
Dumac
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: sdifox
Quote:
If you are tired of "anti-china bullshit", stop reading. It is well within your rights to not read.
yeah and stop bitching about it
I can't help what I see on the first page of OT
Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #24
theblackbox
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
wow i am talking to an idiot. he dosen't even realize it.
there should be some type of punctuation after the exclamation, it'll help your argument.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #25
Zenmervolt
Supermoderator
The Garage
Elite member

Quote:
Exactly! We should just bury our heads in the sand and ignore flagrant violations of individual rights. That's clearly the solution.

ZV

TANSTAAFL
Zenmervolt is offline   Reply With Quote