· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
WannaFly
Platinum Member

Default Lending Tree - 4 offers, hurt credit score?

I've done the lending tree thing for a mortgage, if i work with 2 or 3 of the lenders and each of them run my credit to provide me an estimate, will it really hurt my credit score that much? I've read info both ways, some because the type of inquriry they use it doesnt hurt. But i know you dont want people checking it all the time. Whats the general consensus on this?
WannaFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
ultimatebob
Lifer

When I tried LendingTree, I only remember seeing a single credit check from them on my report. My local bank blew away their best offer, though.

Oh... and if you ask the LendingTree mortgage broker nicely, they'll give you your FICO scores for all three credit bureaus. That would cost about $30 if you got it from some other service.
ultimatebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
cvstrat

There are two types of inquiries. Every single mailing you get that says you are pre-approved for a visa or whatever actually shows up on your credit report, but doesn't affect your score.

I believe the type of inquiry you did does affect the score, but multiple hits in a short period of time only count once. So when you're looking for a mortgage you can really hit up as many places as you need to as long as you do it within a few days from each other.

Hope this helps. Also Citi has a nice credit monitoring service and it's free for the first month. Google citi creditmonitoring and check that out.

cvstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
imported_Baloo
Golden Member

Do not go any further with lending tree, they will jack up the closing costs thousands of dollars, they will change the terms every time you speak to them. The final offer they present the day of signing will bear little resemblance to anything you have seen or discussed with them. They are scumbags. If you wish to refinance, contact the lending institution directly, DO NOT GO THRU lending Tree.
imported_Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
WannaFly
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Baloo
Do not go any further with lending tree, they will jack up the closing costs thousands of dollars, they will change the terms every time you speak to them. The final offer they present the day of signing will bear little resemblance to anything you have seen or discussed with them. They are scumbags. If you wish to refinance, contact the lending institution directly, DO NOT GO THRU lending Tree.
This is interesting - I'd think it'd be completely independant of lending tree, and more dependant on the dealer you are working with - AFAIK, and what i've seen, is lendingtree doesnt really do anything once you choose a broker. Anyone else have any opinions?
WannaFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
imported_Baloo
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: WannaFly
Quote:
This is interesting - I'd think it'd be completely independant of lending tree, and more dependant on the dealer you are working with - AFAIK, and what i've seen, is lendingtree doesnt really do anything once you choose a broker. Anyone else have any opinions?
The dealer is lending tree, and they get the closing costs. You have no clue what you are tlaking about, shut up.
imported_Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
kami333
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: cvstrat
There are two types of inquiries. Every single mailing you get that says you are pre-approved for a visa or whatever actually shows up on your credit report, but doesn't affect your score.

I believe the type of inquiry you did does affect the score, but multiple hits in a short period of time only count once. So when you're looking for a mortgage you can really hit up as many places as you need to as long as you do it within a few days from each other.
Yup.

Multiple credit pulls for mortgages (and car loans I believe) only count as 1 pull as long as they are within 30days of each other.
kami333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
shortspanishguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: kami333
Quote:
Originally posted by: cvstrat

Yup.

Multiple credit pulls for mortgages (and car loans I believe) only count as 1 pull as long as they are within 30days of each other.
Correct

shortspanishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
Auggie
Golden Member

Sounds like Baloo woke up on the wrong side of the rock this morning.
Auggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #10
James Bond
Diamond Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: WannaFly
Quote:
The dealer is lending tree, and they get the closing costs. You have no clue what you are tlaking about, shut up.
I feel the :heart:
James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote