· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 01-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
mrgq912

Default console gamers vs. pc gamers

I am sure everyone knows that MS is trying to get PC gamers and console gamers together and playing at the same time. Eg. Shadow..something game and some arcade games like UNO.

But here is my question, how can Console gamers compete with PC gamers in a FPS like Halo?

To make things even, MS would have to allow for some auto aim feature for console gamers to be able to compete with pc gamers.

What do u guys think?
mrgq912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Aikouka
Lifer

Nah, just let us have our KBM so we can show you the superiority .
Aikouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
40sTheme
Golden Member

^ Exactly. PC players will own up on all the consolers. Hardcore PC gamers will be running 60+ FPS, while the consolers are stuck at 30-40. Large difference when it comes to competition. Also, KBM = faaaaar more precise.

You bet. G'Bye. CHILDREN!
40sTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
tranceport
Diamond Member

Yeah but if the console gamers are given auto aim.... aka, AIMBOT. Then they will usually come out ahead of the pc gamers.

Without computer assistance console gamers cannot, in no way, aim and fire faster than KBM.

Bitcoin: 1Nx3D76evkP3QFQcebBDQxAqpZgoGfEs9V
tranceport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
abaez
Diamond Member

My cousins talk so much smack with halo2 when I play them on their 360. I tell them they will rue the day I can play them with my kbm and they just ignore it. I can't wait.
abaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
bunnyfubbles
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: 40sTheme
^ Exactly. PC players will own up on all the consolers. Hardcore PC gamers will be running 60+ FPS, while the consolers are stuck at 30-40. Large difference when it comes to competition. Also, KBM = faaaaar more precise.
I seriously doubt that there wouldn't be a frame rate cap for any games that allow interplay between platforms. On top of that, it wouldn't be too hard for Microsoft to put out a KB+Mouse for the 360. If that were to happen, PC gamers wouldn't have any advantage over console users except perhaps the fact that they could use 3rd party voice coms with far greater ease.
i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz + XSPC Raystorm/EX280/D5 | ASUS Sabertooth X79 | EVGA GeForce GTX780 | 4x4GB Samsung Green DDR3 @ 1866 CAS9 1.5v | 2x256GB Samsung 830 RAID-0 | 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | Seasonic Platinum-1000 | Silverstone FT02 | BenQ XL2420T | Dell U2711 | Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red | Razer Abyssus + Goliathus Speed | Beyerdynamic MMX300 / Astro A40 2013
bunnyfubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
mrgq912

Well MS seems adamant to not allow and keyboard and mouse for the console gaming. And I understand there reasons, they do not want to lose any windows users. And also having keyboard and mouse for consoles ruins the pick up and play appeal of console gaming. I enjoy console gaming because of the relaxed and easy gaming. No installations and no setups, and with comfy couches and recliners.

Introducing a keyboard and mouse into the living room would make my experience less enjoyable.

But back to the main question. Once xbox live does arrive to PC's, and games start to converge. MS will be faced with this decision of consolers and PC gamers playing FPS? Should they allow it? How can it be done fairly?
mrgq912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
KeithTalent
Administrator
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles
Quote:
I seriously doubt that there wouldn't be a frame rate cap for any games that allow interplay between platforms. On top of that, it wouldn't be too hard for Microsoft to put out a KB+Mouse for the 360. If that were to happen, PC gamers wouldn't have any advantage over console users except perhaps the fact that they could use 3rd party voice coms with far greater ease.
Except for the fact that most consolers would still stay with their controllers (at least initially) since that is what they have been playing with for so long. I bet only a small percentage of consolers would actually switch to KBM if it were available. I may be wrong though.

KT
KeithTalent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #9
Fenixgoon
Lifer

PCgamers would get killed at first, simply because of being new... given time, keyboard and mouse would prove itself triumphant

Buy my car!
Fenixgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
sonoma1993
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mrgq912
I am sure everyone knows that MS is trying to get PC gamers and console gamers together and playing at the same time. Eg. Shadow..something game and some arcade games like UNO.

But here is my question, how can Console gamers compete with PC gamers in a FPS like Halo?

To make things even, MS would have to allow for some auto aim feature for console gamers to be able to compete with pc gamers.

What do u guys think?
I'm sure the console gamers will find a way to compete against pc gamers. Is microsoft releasing software for the pc that is like xbox live?
sonoma1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #11
Ichigo
Platinum Member

Shadowrun.
Ichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
Jules
Lifer

whats with all the crying? Lol
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #13
TheRyuu
Diamond Member

The KBM setup will win any day of the week if both persons were good with and familiar with the game.
You can aim better IMHO.
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #14
WraithETC
Golden Member

Doesn't matter cuz.... now I'll just be killing two noobs with one stone. My pwnage will cross dimensional barriers just like t3h Gravatons....
WraithETC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #15
Suture

An adapter for KB/M support is already available for the 360. There was a big thing about it a few weeks ago.

I can't find the articles I saw on it, but I used "The Google" and found short clips of it being used:

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripher...oardmouse-adapter-in-action-223963.php
Suture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #16
neutralizer
Lifer

Since the 360 controller works for the PC, couldn't they restrict to Live FPS to controller only?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #17
Maximilian
Lifer

There would be a framerate cap, console gamers would get auto aim too. They should anyways, its not gonna help them, they get easy body shots, with our mice we get easy headshots, we win.
Maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #18
microAmp
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: neutralizer
Since the 360 controller works for the PC, couldn't they restrict to Live FPS to controller only?
I was just going to post something about that.

*ERROR*
Please hookup your PC 360 controller before starting a multi-player game.
*ERROR*

Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #19
Fenixgoon
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: microAmp
Quote:

*ERROR*
*ERROR*
that'd be the lamest thing ever.. then i'd refuse to purchase whatever game. halo2 PC is already looking like a half-assed port.. i can only imagine how it plays

Buy my car!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #20
neutralizer
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
Quote:
Quote:

*ERROR*
*ERROR*
that'd be the lamest thing ever.. then i'd refuse to purchase whatever game. halo2 PC is already looking like a half-assed port.. i can only imagine how it plays
Well explain how you'd balance out FPS with keyboard/mouse and controller over Live?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:11 AM   #21
Fenixgoon
Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*ERROR*
*ERROR*
Well explain how you'd balance out FPS with keyboard/mouse and controller over Live?
more or less, you wouldnt, you'd keep them separate. don't hate because KB/M is innately superior

Buy my car!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #22
zerocool84
Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*ERROR*
*ERROR*

yea if halo 2 is twice as great as the halo 1 port was on the pc, it'd still be 3 times the crap
zerocool84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:00 AM   #23
gorcorps
aka Brandon

Hardcore console players seem to think they're better with a controller than a kb/m. I say lets let all play the way they want. If they get spanked then they'll practice and get better. There's already an adapter for the 360 to allow a kb/m to be used on any game. You could have a console and still have precision.
gorcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:22 AM   #24
bunnyfubbles
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Quote:
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles
Quote:
Except for the fact that most consolers would still stay with their controllers (at least initially) since that is what they have been playing with for so long. I bet only a small percentage of consolers would actually switch to KBM if it were available. I may be wrong though.

KT
It wouldn't be too hard to make a custom "KB" + mouse for a console. You can make it wireless to keep with ease and comfort. If you're focused on gaming, you can have the keyboard come apart or not even have a full keyboard (most FPS don't require much beyond a WASD layout + a few other buttons). Heck, the keyboard could have analog keys actually providing an advantage over PC users with a standard keyboard.

It could be designed so that you can have one hand (most likely your left) set up to use the keys/buttons) while your other hand controls the mouse on a pad built into the keyboard - all of which is on your lap. If the board is modular or just not a full keyboard it doesn't have to be a large contraption at all - not much bigger than an arcade style gamepad the likes of which were available for older consoles way back when.
i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz + XSPC Raystorm/EX280/D5 | ASUS Sabertooth X79 | EVGA GeForce GTX780 | 4x4GB Samsung Green DDR3 @ 1866 CAS9 1.5v | 2x256GB Samsung 830 RAID-0 | 3 x 1.5TB Hitachi 7K3000 RAID-0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | Seasonic Platinum-1000 | Silverstone FT02 | BenQ XL2420T | Dell U2711 | Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Red | Razer Abyssus + Goliathus Speed | Beyerdynamic MMX300 / Astro A40 2013
bunnyfubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #25
skace
Lifer

I say let the KBM'ers come and we will end these stupid control debates once and for all on the field.
skace is offline   Reply With Quote