· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 11-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
BaliBabyDoc
Lifer

Default Pelosi slogans, nicknames, etc

. . . and we are Americans . . . dadgummit!

Please give attribution instead of claiming material as your own. If you don't know, note WHERE you heard it.

1) Wicked Witch of Haight Asbury
- Steve Young (although I'm certain he meant it as coming from the raving right) . . . he's a left of center partisan from SoCal . . . not the ex-QB

2) It takes a woman to clean this House.
- some woman giving commentary on NPR

3) San Francisco values
- seemingly everywhere (right of center) since late September . . . usually in juxtaposition with the Foley story
BaliBabyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
Lemon law
Lifer

As much as Nancy's critic try to pan her---and call her names---I do believe I will reserve judgment---Only Nancy Pelosi can define Nancy Pelosi. And that lady will have a tough job.
Those names are now a thing of the past--useful to try to scare the public away from voting democratic---and these names are worthless now.

Nancy Pelosi---more than any person now---will have to ride herd on the democrats---and drive them all in a given direction---and more than anyone else will be able to define the new direction of the democratic party.--------------how she works with others will be the key.---but I think many of us will be damn fools if we try to predict or label her.
Lemon law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Rainsford
Super Moderator

"San Francisco liberal" is the phrase I've heard used by virtually ever conservative pundit out there. Presumably it involves turning your children gay or some such.
the Nation worthwhile. --Chief Justice Earl Warren, US v Robel (1967)
Rainsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
Hossenfeffer
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rainsford
"San Francisco liberal" is the phrase I've heard used by virtually ever conservative pundit out there. Presumably it involves turning your children gay or some such.
"sha-ZAM!"
Old 11-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
BaliBabyDoc
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lemon law
As much as Nancy's critic try to pan her---and call her names---I do believe I will reserve judgment---Only Nancy Pelosi can define Nancy Pelosi. And that lady will have a tough job.
Those names are now a thing of the past--useful to try to scare the public away from voting democratic---and these names are worthless now.

Nancy Pelosi---more than any person now---will have to ride herd on the democrats---and drive them all in a given direction---and more than anyone else will be able to define the new direction of the democratic party.--------------how she works with others will be the key.---but I think many of us will be damn fools if we try to predict or label her.
I'm not a partisan. I didn't say it had to be negative. Arguably, I listed two negative ones but by closer inspection . . .

1) Yeah that's NOT positive . . . but it is sort of funny . . . unless you happen to be Nancy Pelosi, a family member, or an arch-Liberal.

2) Isn't that a complement?

3) Amorphous . . . right up there with Midwestern values, American values, Conservative values. Sure the people that said it meant it negatively but if any of them have actually been to SF . . . I bet they had a good time . . . even if they won't admit it.
BaliBabyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote