· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Leros
Lifer

Default I sweat when its cold

Its kinda chilly in my building right now (64 F) and I'm starting to sweat. I've always sweated in the cold. During winter, I sweat more than in summer. I'm wondering if this is a bad thing.

I'm normal otherwise, I sweat when I get hot. I don't sweat when I'm comfortable.
Leros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Alienwho
Diamond Member

I'm the same way. It's just pit sweat for me though. I always just figured my body hates the cold (or even the mildly cool) and freaks out and takes it out on my pits.
Alienwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
SociallyChallenged
Elite

Hm, it can't be good. Sweating is often in response to sympathetic nervous activity. That usually occurs in situations involving hot temperatures, exercise, etc. It's probably not great that you sweat in the opposite situation that you're supposed to sweat. It probably won't kill you, but I'd go see a doctor just to confirm.
I am a doctor of physical therapy. Information I provide is based on subjective report alone. This frequently results in speculation and, as a result, may not always be accurate. Thus I am not liable for any action taken based on information provided.

Now offering physical therapy consultation services via Skype, e-mail, and phone. Please PM me for details.
SociallyChallenged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
BlahBlahYouToo
Lifer

go get ur thyroid checked.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
911paramedic
Diamond Member

Had my thyroid checked, as well as many other systems/hormones.

I have what is called hyperhidrosis, only for me it's systemic. (So my entire body will perspire, not just certain areas.) It's quite bad when it happens because it gets you thinking about it and it just gets worse, the snowball effect as I like to say.

I've tried everything from biofeedback, to meditation and yoga, nada. I have minimal results with beta blockers but then you need to watch your blood pressure. If its not one thing its another, right?

Been dealing with it for twenty plus years, sucks because it alters my daily routines or things I might want to do sometimes. For those times I need to take a benzo to keep stress low and I can usually get through it.

Mine seems to be mostly stress/social/heat related but can be from mild heat, sitting on something that doesn't "breathe" like a leather couch, etc.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #6
jason_88

Unhappy I Sweat when I feelcold

Even I have a similar kind of a situation. However in my case I only sweat when I am in a airconditioned room/car. Basically during hot weathers I can stay in airconditioning for a 3-4hours without sweating but during cold weather its takes minutes for sweating to start. So basically my body gets cramped up because it wantsto protect itself from cold and the sweating goes on. It also leads to certain amount of body pain on a very rare situation.

Whatever type of clothes I wear, my sweating is so excessive it is immensely noticable. That fear of getting noticed for something unusual creates more sweat.

I got myself checked and apparently I have Vitamin D deficeincy and Hormonal disorder (which doctors say is not at a very serious level). I am taking medicines for my Vitamin deficeicy for the past few months but with no productive results.

I had this problem earlier also but then it was notat a higher scale because I was never exposed to airconditioner for a longer period of time. But now since I joined office I have to spend 9-10hours under the airconditioner. Hence it sweats like a river, makes my body cramped which all leads to losing my interest in performing a simple task as input of data on the laptop. Need serious help/advice/guidance here. Itsaffecting my life!!
jason_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
njdevilsfan87
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911paramedic View Post
Had my thyroid checked, as well as many other systems/hormones.

I have what is called hyperhidrosis
I have this too, and it really sucks. When I get nervous or stressed (anything that elevates my heart rate), my pits will start to leak. The only thing I have found that works pretty well against it is something called Certain Dri. It's some kind of roll on liquid that somehow blocks or shrinks your sweat glands. That will get me through a day with minimal leakage. But when it comes to the very stressful/nervous situations, it'll still happen. (But no where near as badly as without it).

I don't know why I have this. My parents don't have it, and I've never seen others in the family with it either. God bless me right? If there's ever a surgical procedure of cure that doesn't involve some kind of crazy side effects, count me in, because it really is some major bull shit.

CUDA C++ developer therefore titans justified!
njdevilsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote