· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-08-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Chunkee
Lifer

Default Smokers, do you give cigarettes to people who bum them?

How often you allow someone to bum off of you?

jC
Chunkee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Mill
Lifer

If they NEVER bought their own them screw them. When I smoked I was pretty nice about letting people bum, but there are some people that have to be cutoff. However, you will usually know this person because they try to bum everything.
Mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
illusion88
Lifer

The only time I smoke is when I bum from a friend after a heavy night of drinking or smoking :-/
illusion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
anxi80
Lifer

another reason why i stick with cloves and b&m's. i dont get a lot of people asking to bum one or they say 'nevermind' when i inform them.
anxi80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
Specop 007
Diamond Member

I'm pretty loose with my smokes, but you get to know whot he guys who are just dumbasses and run out of smokes and the guys who are cheap and dont buy them are pretty quick.
If your the latter group, you get cut off.
Specop 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #6
joinT
Lifer

unless you're a friend and someone who doesn't JUST bum smokes.. cut off.
joinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #7
ironcrotch
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: illusion88
The only time I smoke is when I bum from a friend after a heavy night of drinking or smoking :-/
ironcrotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #8
cKGunslinger
Lifer

Heh, in college, a friend was pulling out a pack of cigarettes and offered one to my brother who took it, then to me (I don't typically smoke.) I said "sure," took one, then promptly broke it is half and dropped in a nearby trashcan. The look on his face was priceless. It was meant to be a joke, so I could argue "What's the difference? It was mine to do with as I please, right?" But man, that conversation/argument went on for hours, then days, then weeks. This was over 6 years ago, and he "still' brings that up. :laugh:

- The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
cKGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #9
xospec1alk
Diamond Member

i always give cigarettes to those who ask. karma i suppose, i just hope people will let me bum when i need one
xospec1alk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #10
rh71
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Heh, in college, a friend was pulling out a pack of cigarettes and offered one to my brother who took it, then to me (I don't typically smoke.) I said "sure," took one, then promptly broke it is half and dropped in a nearby trashcan. The look on his face was priceless. It was meant to be a joke, so I could argue "What's the difference? It was mine to do with as I please, right?" But man, that conversation/argument went on for hours, then days, then weeks. This was over 6 years ago, and he "still' brings that up. :laugh:
It was for his enjoyment of your enjoyment. You didn't get it.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #11
LS20
Banned

Quote:

thats a really dumb thing to do
LS20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #12
Bozono
Banned

Mostly yep. Though I tend to pull them out when no one is looking as well as not putting them in the breast pocket anymore. But if they ask, it's usually not a problem.
Bozono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:00 PM   #13
TallBill
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: LS20
Quote:

Not really, he offered him one. Why the fvck would he light it up and smoke it? Burning your own lungs is retarded.

Slammin!
TallBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #14
crownjules
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: TallBill
Quote:
Quote:

Not really, he offered him one. Why the fvck would he light it up and smoke it? Burning your own lungs is retarded.
"Retarded" or not, the friend chooses to smoke and offered one out of kindness. It's sorta like being offered a food you don't like. You choose not to indulge in it, but would you take the proffered food and just throw it on the ground in front of your friend?

i5-2500K | ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | EVGA GTX660 2GB | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1866 RAM | Antec 900 Mid tower | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | ASUS VG236HE / LG227W
crownjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
TallBill
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: crownjules

"Retarded" or not, the friend chooses to smoke and offered one out of kindness. It's sorta like being offered a food you don't like. You choose not to indulge in it, but would you take the proffered food and just throw it on the ground in front of your friend?
Because its hilarious. The food would be tougher to pull off, but I could think of some funny ways for that too.

Slammin!
TallBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #16
skrilla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good idea! That would be hilarious!
skrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #17
Linux23
Diamond Member

Quote:
I would have beat the living Sh!t out of you for doing that.

Official Member of the Amused Fsck off and Die Club. Proud Member Since September 2005.
Photopedia.net
Linux23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #18
nakedfrog
Lifer

Quote:
Heh, I smoke, and I think that's funny.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #19
alien42
Diamond Member

i am no longer a smoker but when i first started i would just bum them from friends. months went by before they got fed up and started charging me .10 per smoke. they would actually leave a pack out next to a cup and everytime i snagged a smoke i would drop a dime in the cup. shortly after i started buying packs and became a full fledged smoker.
alien42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #20
Linux23
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: alien42
i am no longer a smoker but when i first started i would just bum them from friends. months went by before they got fed up and started charging me .10 per smoke. they would actually leave a pack out next to a cup and everytime i snagged a smoke i would drop a dime in the cup. shortly after i started buying packs and became a full fledged smoker.
what made you quit?

Official Member of the Amused Fsck off and Die Club. Proud Member Since September 2005.
Photopedia.net
Linux23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #21
effowe
Diamond Member

When I used to smoke I would never give out cigarettes unless they were my friends. Living in the city you can't walk down the street without having people ask if they can bum a smoke. I used to always cup my smoke in my hand as much as possible so people wouldn't see it or ask, and if they did ask I would say I only had one left.
effowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #22
cKGunslinger
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: Linux23
Quote:
I would have beat the living Sh!t out of you for doing that.
Yeah? Somehow I really doubt that, Mr. ePeen. :laugh:

Old 12-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #23
alien42
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Linux23
Quote:
Originally posted by: alien42
what made you quit?
i always said that i would not be smoking when i turned 30 so i quit the night before i turned 30. that was over 6 months ago.
alien42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #24
cKGunslinger
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: rh71
Quote:
It was for his enjoyment of your enjoyment. You didn't get it.
1) He knew well enough I didn't smoke. This was my younger brother's best friend and we hung out after classes quite often. He wasn't offering out of habit or an extreme act of kindness, it was for the slight dig at me for my expected response of "I don't smoke," that teens seem to think is funny.

b) I've bought him and my brother several dozen packs of cigs over the course of the time I've know them. I know the feeling of being a broke freshman.

III) If you truly feel wasting a cigarette your buddy gave you is some great social affront, then may I suggest you and your friends lead very sad and pretentious little lives.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:54 PM   #25
cKGunslinger
Lifer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, if he was my friend and I thought it'd be humorous, then yes, yes I would.

Try not to be such an oversensitive pansy your whole life, k?