· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Blazer
Golden Member

Default Export Web Page to Word

in a web page a right click gives the choice to "Export to Microsoft Excell", How can i ad an option "Export to Microsoft Word", or is that possible ?
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
QuixoticOne
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: blazer
in a web page a right click gives the choice to "Export to Microsoft Excell", How can i ad an option "Export to Microsoft Word", or is that possible ?
Well you must have installed some feature of Excel that allows you to export web pages to it. If you have Word installed on the same PC maybe there is some option you can select if you go back into its options or optionally installed components to do that.

Also Word can open some things that are really in Excel format.. so maybe you can use export to Excel and still read that into Word or use Excel to save it in a form that Word can read.

It mainly depends on what kind of editing you want to do on the format and content of the web page inside word.. if you want to basically edit the content and create a document or new web page you'll need a very "rich" HTML/XML/DOC type of export from the webpage to preserve the styles, text, fonts, graphics, whatever.

If you just want a picture of the web page in word, just take a screen-shot of the web page and use the graphic image as an image in word, though it'll be kind of low-res and not anything you can edit the text contents of or format of.

You could probably install Microsoft's XPF printer driver or maybe a PDF printer driver or even a postscript one to be able to "print" the web page to XPS or PDF or PostScript... then with the right software add-ons you could import that into Word and preserve some of the formats / fonts / images / whatever....

QuixoticOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Blazer
Golden Member

what i have is office 2003, the right click menu gives an option to export to microsoft excell, i would like to ad another option of export to microsoft word.

i did not create the excel menu shortcut so i am unsure on how to add the word shortcut, i did not want to edit a web page, but if the web page could be exported/imported into word it could be easier to save a page that contains instructions/directions from a forum, that would be easier than using notepad or burning up printer ink.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
QuixoticOne
Golden Member

Well try exporting it to Excel and then use excel to save the file in a way that word will open it.

Or do the screen-capture thing --
ctrl-printscreen or alt-printscreen or maybe just printscreen (I forget -- try 'em all)
when you have the browser open.

Then in word just hit <PASTE> or Ctrl-V I think and you'll have your image of the web page as it was on your screen in word.

QuixoticOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
tw1164
Diamond Member

On your tool bar in IE you should have an option to Edit w/ Excel (or word). Just click on the drop down next to the icon and select Edit w/ word. If you don't have the icon you'll have to add it by customizing your toolbar.
tw1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Blazer
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: tw1164
On your tool bar in IE you should have an option to Edit w/ Excel (or word). Just click on the drop down next to the icon and select Edit w/ word. If you don't have the icon you'll have to add it by customizing your toolbar.

to edit a web page was not what my post was asking.

lets take another approach, anywhere on this thread page right click, if you have office 2003 do you get the option "export to microsoft excel" ?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
tw1164
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: blazer
Quote:
Originally posted by: tw1164

to edit a web page was not what my post was asking.

lets take another approach, anywhere on this thread page right click, if you have office 2003 do you get the option "export to microsoft excel" ?
I understand what you're asking. Yes, I get the "export to excel" option. No, I do not think it's possible to add "export to Word" as an option.
tw1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
Blazer
Golden Member

tw1164: Thanks for the reply, i tried as you suggested but could not find anyway to add that entry to the drop down menu, using "Notepad" leaves me with a very long single sentence is why i was hoping there would be some way to export to word, exporting to excel is very messy for just word docs.