· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Homerboy
Lifer

Default The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alpra

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBI...eath.ledger/index.html
Old 02-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
RagingBITCH
Lifer

Default The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alpra

That's a lot of drugs. Abuse of prescription drugs...shame. Wonder if his doctor is going to get railed on this one.
RagingBITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
BrownTown
Diamond Member

At the risk of sounding uncaring my first though is DAAAMN. I mean come on, wtf are you thinking takin multiple benzodiazapenes and opiates at the same time, those all depress your system and when added together they probably multiply the effect, thats just asking for something bad to happen. I mean why not jsut add alcohol as another depressant and end it even quicker. So sad and yet so stupid .

EDIT: and in the story it says he was on sleeping pills too, was he TRYING to kill himself, because he sure went out and took every single depressant in the books.

ALOT of people on this board need to consider these before they post...
BrownTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
paulxcook
Diamond Member

Is it possible to take all of that accidentally? I'm not being a smartass, I really don't know.

Cassel > Brady
paulxcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #5
Homerboy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: paulxcook
Is it possible to take all of that accidentally? I'm not being a smartass, I really don't know.
Do you think taking that many pills could be "Accidental".. prescribed or not, in my right mind I wouldn't pop that many (key phrase being "in my right mind")

Honestly if those were all prescribed to him by his doctor I hope his license is pulled.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Slick5150
Diamond Member

Unfortunately, a lot of people like him see multiple doctors in different cities who will all prescribe him something without really checking what else he's already on. Leads to very dangerous combinations.

Not saying that's what happened here, but its certainly possible that he didn't even realize how much he was putting into his system.
Slick5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
MisterJackson
Lifer

Jesus that's a fucking combo of drugs. He obviously wasn't thinking of his daughter while taking that many meds.
MisterJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
TheTony
Golden Member

Quote:
If he had valid prescriptions for them all (sounds like that may be the case) and took them at the suggested doses, I suppose it could be considered acceidental.

I'd have to agree about the wisdom of allowing that mix of prescriptions (by his doctor). Wonder if they didn't want to say no to a public figure rather than playing it safe.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #9
MisterJackson
Lifer

Quote:
By accidental they mean it wasn't a suicide. Essentially he took that much medication thinking his body could handle it and his body said otherwise.
MisterJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #10
OutHouse
Lifer

oxycodone??? wow docs just give that out candy dont they.

"Going to McDonalds for a salad is like asking a prostitute for a hug." Sean Fallon

my post are being monitored by a STALKER!
OutHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #11
BrownTown
Diamond Member

It is entirely possible to have that many drugs for legitimate medical reasons that all make sense, but if you were prescribed all those drugs I am sure the doctor doing so would explain which ones could be taken at what times and in what doses. Certainly no doctor would tell you to take all these together, but if you took the sleeping pills at night, and the anxiety OR pain pills during the day then you would be OK, but taking them ALL together (and likely in excess) is just asking for death.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #12
clamum
Lifer

Sounds like a good buzz (sans the sleeping pills).
Old 02-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
shiner
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Citrix

Now in Cool Mint flavor!!
shiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #14
BrownTown
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: clamum
depends what you mean by "buzzed", those sorts of pills just knock you out. Taking the anti anxiety pills + opiates would be sort of like not being able to feal pain either physical or mental, also they would make you very tired (and depress you breathing and maybe kill you).

Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #15
JS80
Lifer

Quote:
No way. CELEB doctors hand that out like candy. Regular doctors for regular people who rip you a new one if you asked for it.
JS80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #16
shiner
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: JS80
Quote:
No way. CELEB doctors hand that out like candy. Regular doctors for regular people who rip you a new one if you asked for it.

That's because being a celebrity is hard.
shiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #17
Anubis
No Lifer

Quote:
yea im curious to why he had them, if it was a valid Px WTF was it for, i asked my dad once who happens to be a Doc why it was given out for and his responce was "almost nothing" and that i was mainily used in house and you had to be in some serious bad shape to be given a Px for it
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
SlowSpyder
Diamond Member

Quote:
You're assuming he got it from a doctor.

*edit - Read further into the article, looks like it was from a doctor.
SlowSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #19
clamum
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: BrownTown
Quote:
Originally posted by: clamum
depends what you mean by "buzzed", those sorts of pills just knock you out. Taking the anti anxiety pills + opiates would be sort of like not being able to feal pain either physical or mental, also they would make you very tired (and depress you breathing and maybe kill you).
Depends on how many of which one you take. How about a 70/30 mix of opiates/benzodiazepines? DECENT.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #20
buck
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Jesus that's a fucking combo of drugs. He obviously wasn't thinking of his daughter while taking that many meds.
Thats what I thought at first, but how good can your judgement be if you are only getting 2 hours of sleep a night at most? I feel bad for what he was going through.... I cant imagine not being abl to sleep...
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | Abit IP35-pro | 4 GB (2 x 2GB) Gskill | 8800GTs @ 774/2200/1950 | Benq G2400W & Dell 2005FPw | 74GB WD Raptor | 2 x 750GB Seagate 7200.10 | 400GB Seagate 7200.10 | Corsair 550 watt | Samsung SH-S203N | Antec P182se | ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED | Logitech G15 + G5
buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #21
alkemyst
No Lifer

Quote:
Based on your posts that is sort of ironic.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
BrownTown
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: buck
Quote:
Thats what I thought at first, but how good can your judgement be if you are only getting 2 hours of sleep a night at most? I feel bad for what he was going through.... I cant imagine not being abl to sleep...
yeah well taking all those drugs will damn sure put you to sleep, only question is whether or not you wake up...

Old 02-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #23
Jhill
Diamond Member

Damn, I took 1 hydrocdone and 1 Alprazolam the other day. (after I sprained my ankle)

I'm glad I woke up.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #24
moshquerade
Banned

he was having trouble sleeping, and he put himself out for good.

i don't think it was intentional either. he probably didn't think about the possible implications.
moshquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #25
imported_yovonbishop
Golden Member

I think whoever prescribed all of those to him is partly responsible. Obviously people tend to think their doctor is right and if in a deep depression and having trouble sleeping, might not think about what mixing the drugs might do (kill him, for example). It's sad.

Easily entertained since 1987.
imported_yovonbishop is offline   Reply With Quote