· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 02-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #1
tnitsuj
Diamond Member

Default Kind of an odd question: How much do Wal Mart Store Managers and Assistant Managers make?

Old 02-02-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
MercenaryForHire
Lifer

Default RE: Kind of an odd question: How much do Wal Mart Store Managers and Assistant Managers make?

Stay in school and you'll never have to worry. :beer:

- M4H
MercenaryForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
Ranger X
Lifer

Default RE:Kind of an odd question: How much do Wal Mart Store Managers and Assistant Managers make?

My guess is ~30k.
Ranger X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
tnitsuj
Diamond Member

Default RE:Kind of an odd question: How much do Wal Mart Store Managers and Assistant Managers make?

Quote:
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Stay in school and you'll never have to worry. :beer:

- M4H
It's not for me. I would rather cut off both my testicles than work at Wal Mart.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #5
v3rrv3
Golden Member

Probably quite a bit. I saw this thing on the news where I forget which number goes where but non union workers and union cashiers make like $10 and $19 dollars an hour :-x

- Kevin
v3rrv3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
rudder
Lifer

I have heard walmart managers do quite well. A alrge portion comes from bonuses. Of course they probably experience 80 hour weeks and have to deal with a whole assortment of crap I would not wish on my worst enemy.
rudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
shenaniganz
Golden Member

They make a very comfortable living. Sometimes their bonuses can be 20,000 or more depending on how big their store is. That's in addition to the six figures that some of the larger store managers make. But, yes, they do have to work long and bad hours.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:17 PM   #8
jeffrey
Golden Member

$90,000/year Regular Wal-Mart
$140,000/year Wal-Mart Supercenter

This is for a store manager. These figures can go ~$20K higher with bonuses.
Work week around 60-70 hours.
jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #9
AlienCraft
Lifer

Retail store managers, in general, make a decent base pay, and then work like hell for every BONUS penny that come their way. This is where the real money is, the bonus paid for every dollar of NET profit margin increased at their store. This varies from company to company.
I am of the opinion that store managers for WAL-MART have made a pact with Satan and will get their bonus in HELL.:evil:
Old 02-02-2004, 01:22 PM   #10
digitalsm
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ranger X
My guess is ~30k.
Thats way off.

When I worked in the grocery biz, the store director was pulling $150,000 salary, and typically a $50,000 bonus, plus stock options. Walmart cant be much different, grocery stores have thinner profit margins than Wal Mart.
digitalsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #11
Spoooon
Lifer

Default RE: Kind of an odd question: How much do Wal Mart Store Managers and Assistant Managers make?

I've heard managers at albertson's make upwards of 80-100k. Same for Luby's. I can't imagine Wal0Mart being different.

- M4H
Flame on!
current desktop
Spoooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:06 PM   #12
Lounatik
Golden Member

Quote:
90,000/year Regular Wal-Mart
120,000/yr Supercenter
Thats about right. I know a Wally supercenter mgr and he told me he was going to make close to 100k last year and his bonus was going to be around 90k also.

Peace

Lounatik
Old 02-02-2004, 05:10 PM   #13
dullard
Elite Member

I don't know about Walmart in particular. But I know some managers at similar stores and the base salary at the smallest chains is typically $60,000. The salary of course goes on up with experience and store size. The $100,000 numbers mentioned in this thread seem quite reasonable.
dullard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #14
Marlin1975
Lifer

Like some have said, high double digits for regular wal-marts and low/mid 100K area for super wal-marts. BUT expect to work 60-100!! Hours a week. A lot of marriages have ended when a spouse went to the Asst. and store manger level.

To me 40K a year with a good amount of free time is worth more then 100K and NO free time, PLUS all the headaches of a WAL-Mart
Quote:
Originally posted by: spidey07
No muslims, no athiests, no gays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey07 View Post
I'm proud to be a racist now. VERY proud.
Marlin1975 is offline   Reply With Quote