· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions

Old 12-31-2003, 08:29 PM   #1
CZroe
Lifer

Default How much would it cost to get a few posters laminated and where would I get it done?

^
Old 12-31-2003, 08:29 PM   #2
Regs
Lifer

Default RE:How much would it cost to get a few posters laminated and where would I get it done?

Ask a Art Major at a local school.
Edit: I Always edit my messages"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down."
Abraham Lincoln
Regs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:40 PM   #3
brtspears2
Diamond Member

Default RE:How much would it cost to get a few posters laminated and where would I get it done?

When I asked my local Kinkos to laminate a standard sized poster, it was $10. Didn't want to pay so much for so little. I then drove to Linen n Things and bought a frame for $10. It looks much better in a frame.
brtspears2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:43 PM   #4
AzNmAnJLH
Golden Member

what are the sizes? dimensions?
AzNmAnJLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
CZroe
Lifer

Not sure... I suck at estimating and I lost my measuring tape in the most recent move.

Here's a pic... One is pretty big. I don't really keep them on my wall They're just there because I was taking the pics to show of on a gaming forum.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #6
konichiwa
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: CZroe
Not sure... I suck at estimating and I lost my measuring tape in the most recent move.

Here's a pic... One is pretty big. I don't really keep them on my wall They're just there because I was taking the pics to show of on a gaming forum.
Have no idea how big that is. Put a sheet of paper next to it for some perspective.
konichiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #7
Anubis
No Lifer

Default RE: How much would it cost to get a few posters laminated and where would I get it done?

drymount it instead and put it in a frame

i think laminateing is like 3$ a foot where i work at school
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:57 PM   #8
jessicak

Office Max or Office Depot does it too. They don't charge too much for the actual laminating, but don't let them cut it for you or else they will charge you a lot just to cut it. I got a poster laminating once by them and was satisfied. Cost maybe 3 bucks.
jessicak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 05:05 PM   #9
RagingBITCH
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by: jessicak
Office Max or Office Depot does it too. They don't charge too much for the actual laminating, but don't let them cut it for you or else they will charge you a lot just to cut it. I got a poster laminating once by them and was satisfied. Cost maybe 3 bucks.
What he said, along with Staples and probably Kinkos. Not all of them have the machine to do poster laminating but it'd just take a few calls to check
RagingBITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 05:14 PM   #10
JHoNNy1OoO
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Regs
Ask a Art Major at a local school.
My old high school had a laminating machine in the library and since I did some volunteer work at the library I pretty much laminated all I wanted. You'd be amazed what you decide to laminate when your sitting around bored to hell.

Also your pic of the poster is just probably a standard sized one with the ones on either side being smaller than standard.(Duh!) But if it costs you more than 5 dollars to laminate your posters just pass and buy a frame since you could always switch posters later on.

Nice Viewtiful Joe Poster. Still haven't been able to play it damn it.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:17 PM   #11

Default RE: How much would it cost to get a few posters laminated and where would I get it done?

Haha, I used to play with the laminator at my old job all the time. One time I laminated a $1 bill just for fun. I still have it...somewhere. I wonder if it's still legal tender?