Originally posted by: JJ650
THis may sound odd, but every search engine site (Google,yahoo,altavista, etc.) that I try to connect to times out! EVERY single time. I know my connection is up and running (otherwise I would not be able to ask the question here), and any other site I try comes up just fine. I can connect to my email server and access it and send receive emails.
Even stranger is that fact that my laptop is able to connect to these sites without a hitch. It shares the same cable modem via a router. I have not made any changes to my internet setup and any changes on the laptop. This problem is new. Started happening around Thursayd afternoon I guess. I figured it was just the site down. 2 days later it's still happening and the other comp can access those sites without a hitch.
Has anyone else ran into this sort of problem? It really is frusturating.
Google is your friend.. oh wait a minute..
I think this the core of your problem:
In case you can't get to that site, here's the removal instructions:
Manual Removal Instructions
1. Apply the MS03-040 patch
2. Delete the following files:
3. Set the following registry key value (Information on editing registry keys ):
Tcpip\Parameters "DataBasePath" = %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc
4. Delete the following registry key value (Information on deleting registry keys ):
5. Reconfigure your DNS server settings as desired
6. Reconfigure your Internet Explorer settings as desired