Go Back   AnandTech Forums > Social > Off Topic

Forums
· Hardware and Technology
· CPUs and Overclocking
· Motherboards
· Video Cards and Graphics
· Memory and Storage
· Power Supplies
· Cases & Cooling
· SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs
· Networking
· Peripherals
· General Hardware
· Highly Technical
· Computer Help
· Home Theater PCs
· Consumer Electronics
· Digital and Video Cameras
· Mobile Devices & Gadgets
· Audio/Video & Home Theater
· Software
· Software for Windows
· All Things Apple
· *nix Software
· Operating Systems
· Programming
· PC Gaming
· Console Gaming
· Distributed Computing
· Security
· Social
· Off Topic
· Politics and News
· Discussion Club
· Love and Relationships
· The Garage
· Health and Fitness
· Merchandise and Shopping
· For Sale/Trade
· Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests
· Black Friday 2013
· Forum Issues
· Technical Forum Issues
· Personal Forum Issues
· Suggestion Box
· Moderator Resources
· Moderator Discussions
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
TwoMix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 573
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

Hey guys my friend has a flat on his 2000 4runner. He doesn't know how to get the spare off from underneath the car. Coudlnt find the service manual online. Please help its snowing here in nj!
TwoMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
iamwiz82
Lifer
 
iamwiz82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 30,460
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

Usually there is a bolt under the carpet in the rear of the interior, so people don't have to crawl under it to get it.
iamwiz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
ironxman99
Golden Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,667
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

open the trunk. at the base of the trunk right above the rear bumper, you'll see a hole. in one of the storage areas, or maybe under the rear seat, there should be a tool that you can insert and lower the spare tire with. keep turning it, most likely counter-clockwise, and you'll see the chain loosen underneath the car and the tire slowly dropping. then you can remove it from the metal plate that holds it up.
__________________
HEATWARE(83+)
ironxman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
JS80
Lifer
 
JS80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 26,285
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

Quote:
Originally posted by: ironxman99
open the trunk. at the base of the trunk right above the rear bumper, you'll see a hole. in one of the storage areas, or maybe under the rear seat, there should be a tool that you can insert and lower the spare tire with. keep turning it, most likely counter-clockwise, and you'll see the chain loosen underneath the car and the tire slowly dropping. then you can remove it from the metal plate that holds it up.
lol it took me 2 hours to figure that out when my 4runner got a flat the first time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoberFett View Post
95% of what Craig says is stupid. The other 5% is REALLY stupid.
JS80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
BudAshes
Diamond Member
 
BudAshes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In your head
Posts: 9,441
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

somebody needs to hand in a man card.
__________________
There is nothing strange about being strange.

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks
BudAshes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
FP
Diamond Member
 
FP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,573
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

Quote:
Originally posted by: JS80
Quote:
Originally posted by: ironxman99
open the trunk. at the base of the trunk right above the rear bumper, you'll see a hole. in one of the storage areas, or maybe under the rear seat, there should be a tool that you can insert and lower the spare tire with. keep turning it, most likely counter-clockwise, and you'll see the chain loosen underneath the car and the tire slowly dropping. then you can remove it from the metal plate that holds it up.
lol it took me 2 hours to figure that out when my 4runner got a flat the first time.
Yeah, same here. Well, maybe only 20 minutes. :-)
__________________
Rig | Heat



Quote of the month

slugg: I already have well developed muscles in my hands, fingers, and wrists, so strength/stamina won't be a problem.
FP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
JS80
Lifer
 
JS80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 26,285
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

Quote:
Originally posted by: binister
Quote:
Originally posted by: JS80
Quote:
Originally posted by: ironxman99
open the trunk. at the base of the trunk right above the rear bumper, you'll see a hole. in one of the storage areas, or maybe under the rear seat, there should be a tool that you can insert and lower the spare tire with. keep turning it, most likely counter-clockwise, and you'll see the chain loosen underneath the car and the tire slowly dropping. then you can remove it from the metal plate that holds it up.
lol it took me 2 hours to figure that out when my 4runner got a flat the first time.
Yeah, same here. Well, maybe only 20 minutes. :-)
But it only took me 20 minutes to remember it on the second tire change.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoberFett View Post
95% of what Craig says is stupid. The other 5% is REALLY stupid.
JS80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
sygyzy
Lifer
 
sygyzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 14,000
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

At least you guys are honest and it makes sense the OP's friend is having problems.
__________________
Peace!
Sygyzy
joshspear
The Perfect Cup of Tea (How-To)
sygyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
AdamK47
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 10,507
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

So, what did you say to him after he initially asked you for help? Did you say "Stay right there, I'll go ask AnandTech"?
__________________
Intel Core i7 4960X @ 4.5GHz - ASRock X79 Extreme11 @ 36x125MHz - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z @ 2333 DDR - Four Nvidia GTX Titans in 4-Way SLI - 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (System) - Eight 512GB Vertex 4 SSDs in 4TB RAID-0 (Games) - 4TB Deskstar 7K4000 HDD (Backup) - Pioneer BDR-206 BD-RW - Cooler Master HAF-X case - Corsair H110 cooler - LEPA G1600 power supply - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard - CST LaserTRAC 2545W trackball - Auria EQ308C monitor - Shure SRH1440 headphones - Windows 8.1 Pro x64
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
JS80
Lifer
 
JS80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 26,285
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

Quote:
Originally posted by: AdamK47
So, what did you say to him after he initially asked you for help? Did you say "Stay right there, I'll go ask AnandTech"?
lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoberFett View Post
95% of what Craig says is stupid. The other 5% is REALLY stupid.
JS80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
thescreensavers
Diamond Member
 
thescreensavers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Miami,FL
Posts: 9,780
Default Anyone have a Toyota 4Runner how to get spare off?

umm, Just look at the manual
__________________
Tech TV Tribute

WRB 2013 Subaru WRX Hatch
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.